Redsand Canyon scout
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
vague. flexible on when this is set (can be after traveling party returns or before)

when he did not attend matters or help lead trainings, his time was often spent alongside towhee as she recovered. or keeping the children off of her so she could rest properly.

some part of him wondered if it would have been any different if he had been there. to help, to fight. maybe to take the blows that she did.

it was why his patrol ran long on his way back to her, cutting along a high path. agitation nipping at his mood.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
[

I'm assuming Reyson is back given that both he and Aquene are in towhees lynx thread, but being vague cause not done yet.

It was with distinct purpose the scarred warrior moved through pack lands. Golden gilded fur lighting up with the dancing autumn sun and shadows.

A part of him felt guilty that he hadn't done more to keep Towhee from being wounded. However, he was also taxed in the art of war, and he knew things often happened that you were not expecting.

Towhee had been brave, but he and Germanicus hadn't been in good positions when the fight started. They had made it up, but far too late.

The scent of Maxim reached his nose and he headed towards it. Fully preparing himself in case Maxim took his frustration out on him were he to have some. Reyson knew the pain well of wounded lover, but his had died. At least Towhee was still alive. But he would be ready none the less and blame his friend not, for his ire and his grief.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he said nothing at the sight of the other man. too entrenched in his own pity part for his wife that he hardly noticed him!

but his voice offered a low deep rumble, a silent invitation to the blue-eyed scutarius. they could cut along the high walls of mereo together. it would be safer that way.

right?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't say a word, just moved into step next to the wolf in front of him. Cutting a wide swath towards the canyon walls. Eyes darting from one area to the next.

Large blunt paws, and broad shoulders rubbed against rocks, trees, leaving the scent that others lived here. That it was claimed. He was fine with the silence. He would speak if spoken too, but sometimes you simply needed to be in your own grief and head.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he looked for something. anything. a remnant of the lynx dead, a remnant of a lynx living. the battering of goat horns shattered in the distance and his head lifted sharply.

he could not ease.

his pace picked up a bit faster now, figuring the scutarius would either follow or fall behind.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson could show him where the lynx laid. He himself still had the wounds upon his face, but he doubted itwould do anything to help the man in front of him. As he grieved and was angry for things he could not change. Even if he dearly wanted too.

Maxim's speed increased and thus did Reyson's. Eyes downcast, nose to the ground. He chose to scratch and rub fur, rather than lift a leg on the borders. That felt intrusive, rude somehow in this current situation.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
they moved in unison. maxim only paused to mark places, the harsh scent of urine a warning to any and all.

a bird circled overhead, further down the trail.

he decided they would cut along that path. investigate what may be dead or dying.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson lifted a leg and then continued on. He too saw the bird, and before he could council against investigating. Maxim was already onward.

He boldly followed, pausing to force the scent of Mereo upon the area. Perhaps a lynx would not try a second time if the borders were well built. Granted the creature had been hungry.

And starving things often didn't care where they took a meal.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
a goat. long dead, fallen from great heights.

crows picked apart at it. he found he had little interest in it now. seeing as it was nothing. not a threat, not a concern.

now, as he stood examining it from afar, he became keenly aware of reyson's presence. how little he acknowledged it.

i should show concern for your own being. i am sorry. and he meant it, as he turned olive eyes upon the other soldier.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
[

Reysons maw shifted over teeth and he sneezed at the scent of long dead things. Not carefully preserved.

Reyson met the olive gaze with ice blues.

Why?

He tilted his head motioned at his wounds.

this is nothing. I should have gotten more. Took the brunt.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
it felt disrespectful to be asked why. they were brothers, in many ways. maxim had been selfish in his own pity for his wife. reyson had sacrificed, and perhaps saved that very woman he pitied.

do you blame yourself?

his gaze turned back upon the flock that picked at the long gone goat.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
[

Reyson had not meant offense. He had merely meant to ease Maxim. He didn't mind if his friend didnt acknowledge him in what might be the hardest time of his life.

A little. I know logically i did what i could, but mentally i cannot stop the guilt.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
she may have not still been standing at all without you. the only acknowledgement he could give to the thought.

we must find a way to move beyond this.

we.

together.

maxim held the guilt of not being there at all. reyson held the guilt of not doing enough there.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. I would like that. But where do we start?

Reyson shifted and moved closer to study the surrounding area. He was more than willing to let it go. But he didn't know where to start.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
i believe we should start by being grateful. not ashamed or guilty.

his voice somber in the cold mountain air.

it may be hard. tell me something you are grateful for about the situation.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson focused on his friend. Ears forward eyes on the horizon. He settled into a position to better sit and hear.

That Towhee is alive. That we are all alive.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
i am grateful for that as well. for her, for you. for all.

his gut churned in uncomfortable ways. the goat was a stark reminder of this.

each day we should remember this. recall upon the gratefulness.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson gave an awkward nod. He didn't really know how to handle such things, these emotions. All he knew was that he cared and wanted to make sure his friend knew it, but wasn't sure how.

I try too and will continue to strive too. Though it makes sense none the less, and we will get through it friend.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
you know you can always talk to me. his tone softer now. yet still he felt reserved.

the sudden need to be alone with his own thoughts. hypocritical perhaps.

loop back, i will finish here.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson said nothing, but gave a soft nod. Same with you.

Then without further adieu he turned and loped the way he had come. Not taking offense at the dismissal.