Northstar Vale come in from the rain
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
the trip had been silent. lonely along the way, even if it was not far. somewhere between mereo and epoch, he had shed the posture of a soldier. when he arrived to the borders of the vale it was with the face and posture of a friend.

when he tilted his head back, it was to call for @Tamar and arsenio. well aware that he likely would not recieve both of them upon the borders with their own children to tend to.

but he had become a patient man and he found no hardship in waiting.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
There was a call for their leaders, and Meadow considered it a moment. There remained four adults within the ranks of Epoch—two mothers, one with a sick child and the other with pups that were growing more rambunctious by the day—and then Arsenio, who had the rest of fatherhood and leader duties fall to him.

It left her to be the first to answer, and while she did not mind, she could feel the general weariness of fatigue slowly creep upon her. Later, she would try to catch a nap and perhaps a meal. For now, though—

Honeyed eyes fell upon the impressive figure at their borders, and without even having to ask, she somehow knew this was yet another Mereo soldier. They would have made a killing on a Christmas calendar for the single ladies, she was sure.

Welcome,” she called, lithe form closing the distance between them as she gave him a quick study. “Tamar or Arsenio should be along shortly. But in case not, I didn’t want anyone to wait.”
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
it was a face he had not seen that met him first. silver and gold. small and thin. he thought of towhee at once. suddenly missing her and hoping she was truly allowing her back to heal.

i appreciate it. he warmed softly for her presence. i personally know the pair. he clarified in case there may have been any mystery around him. although he was sure the leading pair would find their own kind of mystery for him to come calling alone.

i don't believe we have met though. i am maxim.

a title and home he was once proud to introduce left behind.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar was not far behind.

"maxim!" she exclaimed, pulling him into an embrace at once. "meadow! this is maxim. from mereo," she said, rather redundantly.

her eyes were back on him again. "what has brought you to epoch?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A can’t of her muzzle, her jaw could only barely open to reply before Tamar swept up, the energy she brought with her always a delight to the silver Telos. She smiled, warm eyes following the woman as she greeted what Meadow assumed was an old friend—from Mereo. They were always from Mereo, and she idly wondered why the packs had split to two identities.

“Meadow,” she offered, though also redundant at the Morphe’s exuberant introduction. “I can leave you two alone? Tamar, do you need anyone to watch the kids?” Her eyes fast upon her friend, wondering.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
quickly he was swept up by none other than tamar. he lingered there for a long moment. perhaps she would see it, the softness that had swept over him. and when asked for privacy his gaze would linger upon the once plebian turned leader.

he did not wish to drag someone else into these matters just yet.

but it was also not his place to order them to be alone.

he figured that, at the very least, meadow was kind much like tamar. it would not be the end of the world if she was not sent away.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
oh!

meadow was withdrawing. tamar glanced at maxim's face and then nodded toward the telos. "i would appreciate that, thank you. i will be back soon!"

she nudged the woman's shoulder and offered her a beam before turning back to the mereo wolf. "has something happened? is aquene all right? towhee?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It was a relief, truly, to be given the chance to have some down time with Tamar's pups, and with a farewell nod, the lady was off to coral the young troupe, eager to see what antics they had in store for her and feeling confident that Tamar could take this as a sign that she need not rush her visit with her friend.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he waited for a beat. selfishly wanting full privacy for this discussion, in case of any twist or turn it took.

towhee will be fine — he started with most importantly. but there was recently a lynx attack. she is currently recovering from a back injury, but it did bring up the conversation of...retirement. perhaps she might already see where he was headed.

still he paused here to give her a moment to react to that first bit of news.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
her eyes widened.

maxim said that her friend recovered but the young leader's heart galloped. "she will be all right?" tamar asked timidly, breathlessly.

retirement? she blinked her long lashes and looked curiously at maxim.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
i have faith she will be. she improves more each day. towhee, ever resilient despite how much she seemed to get the brunt of things.

his throat tightened for a moment.

she wishes to retire into more of a teaching role after all of this. her knowledge is plenty, as you know. although it had been a thought for some time, this certainly felt like the push. we believe that epoch will be better for such a future. for her and i — and...whatever family she has that may follow. he felt sheepish here. uncertain how many redhawks may become a trail behind their move!

if you will have us, of course. i know this is a lot to bring you.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
towhee was healing and wanted to retire.

maxim said the name of the vale but for a moment she did not comprehend, thinking of what wounds her friend might hold. "you want to come here?" she asked, tail stirring with delight.

"i can think of no better place for you to be," the morphe said, eyes brightening. "towhee is healing? so it will not be all at once?" questions, questions, all for maxim.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
his head nodded at once. assuring her that she had indeed heard him correctly. the redhawks wished to resettle their roots. here in epoch.

the imperator already knows. so i believe it will be as soon as can be mustered by her, and when goodbyes have been sorted. which she...may be doing now as we speak. he did not know how quickly she moved these things along in his absence.

i leave behind the post of legatus, of officer. he spoke softly of himself now. a not at all straight way to speak of his still ambitions and his skill!

what use did epoch have for those not of knowledgeable mind like towhee?

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar frowned.

"that is a high rank. are you sure?" but he seemed it. and if it had been she and arsenio in their place, she too would have come with her husband. 

so focused upon towhee was tamar that she did not take the implication! she stared at him and then gestured him over the borders. "will you bring your children?"
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
positive. he answered with a soft nod. not feeling the desire to push upon what he had actually meant. it was selfish!

he moved to step alongside her, wherever she gestured.

yes. both jack and leo wished to come along. here he felt he could finally smile! truthfully i think the...the vale will be a fresh breath of air for them. although they can be loud. a sliver of humor crept into him here.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
they walked in the deep emerald beauty of epoch.

"i am happy to have all of you," tamar said gently. "and i do not mind loudness! mine shout often," she laughed. "it is good to hear their voices filling the vale."
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
creeping to a close for somethin' new? <3

it is, isn't it? his features crinkled with warmth. once more he imagined the spring. he wondered how towhee would be then. if she would still want more children running amok between them.

if tamar and arsenio would allow them!

you have made a beautiful home, tamar. i am grateful you will let my family join yours.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
yes ofccc <3

"and i am grateful you wanted to join our own."

for that was what they would be.

"i will be waiting for you all!"