Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
As always in moments of change. Reyson sought out a place where there was more quiet than noise, and the walls of mereo were suffocating. Not because of his duty currently, or his plans. Nothing of that like. Though there was a bit of a small pain in his chest when he thought of Maxim leaving, but they were close enough, he could find him. Speak with him in a day.

However, the thing that was driving teh scarred soldier crazy was that he would need to do a tour of duty in Akashingo. It made his stomach tighten and his heart race. To be stuck between walls for a month. Where he had to mind his words, and his thoughts.

Where he could offend a royal just by looking at them. It didn't sit well with him. He lowered his head to the ground. Broad shoulders tight and forward as his mind raced. Commander. Legatus. Leader. It was what he would be again, what he wanted. But for a brief moment, he was unsure if a tour of the palace was worth the title.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
83 Posts
Ooc —
it was a scarred man.

giant and muscular. these types were the worst in her experience. often brutish and violent. occasionally they could be good for some things, but she wondered what this one would be. if anything.

perhaps it was stupid to go poke the bear.

in fact, she was certain it was stupid.

but cold air compelled her. a soft bark escaped her as she stood a safe distance away.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A noise caught him off guard and he turned wary. Though without a snarl or a growl. For a small moment he hoped it was someone to talk too, which surprised the scarred beast. But what he met was a strange looking dog wolf beast with many colors.

He shifted and quickly shifted into soldier mode. Body at attention, eyes on her.

Hello.

Deep voice rumbled around her and curled into the air.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
83 Posts
Ooc —
a hello.

that was all.

hello. she returned. he smelled of things. things she had never smelled before, somewhere beyond the willows that she could not imagine. she did not want to have to talk to learn these things. alas.

are you from here?

she allowed him to interpret that as he would.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He didn't know what else she expected. He was not a conversationalist unless you were a healer apparently or a fellow soldier. Though he didn't know if that was such a terrible thing.

He shook his head and motioned with his muzzle. Canyon that way. Of Pack Mereo. Legatus Reyson Ebonywood at your service.

The new title felt strange in his mouth.
83 Posts
Ooc —
and in the same breath he gave directions. a canyon, down yonder.

mereo.

i am minne. her head dipped softly. she understood not his title, but he seemed rather...formal. what is your mereo in the canyon like?

a genuine curiosity struck her voice that had not been there in some months.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Broad shoulders shifted under scrutiny, but he pricked ears forward, listening. Waiting.

We are a band of soldiers. Versed in combat and other such things. You looking for a pack? We are recruiting.

Reyson lifted head. He was formal, it was what he should be. She was a stranger, he did not know her, and she had come upon him when he almost had a moment of weakness.
83 Posts
Ooc —
i am.

her voice grew small, strained. as if she was saying something she'd rather not be. admitting weakness or loneliness. both, she assumed. the winter would kill her and the wilds had stretches far too empty for her liking.

i have never been with a band of soldiers before.

this confessed as she turned her dark eyes down the mountain range.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson moved a little closer, but far enough away to give her space.

Can you fight? Patrol borders? Heal? There are more than soldiers in Mereo, just mostly a militant pack.

He tilted his head to the side while he spoke. Remembering the words of Imperator that they were to recruit.
83 Posts
Ooc —
he came closer and she found herself unable to move.

realizing the position she had placed herself in to be judged. in the physical sense and with her personality. what if legatus had meant leader?

i can patrol. she was no healer and she doubted she would be much of a fighter. do you need watchers?

perhaps she could sell herself there. take patrols by herself, watch from vantage points. all for a meal and a warm spot in the coming cold.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was not a judging wolf. All he cared about was that you were physically capable to watch his back, and mentally stable enough to not lose your mind in the midst of battle.

Watchers, Roamers. Everyone has a place. I have trained many wolves. Some for spying, some for combat, some for border patrol, guard duty. We would make use of what skills you have and teach you more if you'd like.
83 Posts
Ooc —
her toes pressed into the earth. thoughtful for a long moment before she spoke.

who would i speak to about this?

she figured it would not be hard to find a canyon amongst mountains. or perhaps it would be the opposite.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He smiled, a half smile. one side of his face.

Me or our leader Imperator Germanicus. I can lead you there tonight or you can follow my scent at another day.

He frowned and looked around. I know such decisions shouldn't be rushed.
83 Posts
Ooc —
you seem like a busy man.

she informed him politely.

i think i already have a decision. i will carry myself there. her tail gave a tentative wave and she offered a dip of her head. anything...else i should know?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled. Not so busy, but I Understand.

He eyed her, listened to her words.

Imperator is a no nonsense man. Do not mince words. But show him the respect he is due. And offer my name.
83 Posts
Ooc —
she wished to prepare herself, knowing these things now.

of course. thank you, reyson.

she took a step, prepared to depart if he did not stop her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson smiled. See you there, Minne.

Then he turned back to the stars and his churning thoughts. Glad he had done at least one thing right.