Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
For @Reyson (for now). Now open for business.

Arrangements were made. Affected parties were informed. Belongings were packed. There was no reason to delay, except that Towhee wasn’t entirely sure when she might be able to physically make the move.

She managed to walk as far as the tablinum today and felt well enough to push on to the borders. It involved climbing, which was the real test for her back. Towhee gritted her teeth and kept her pace comically slow. She didn’t want to tempt fate.

She felt quite accomplished when she eventually reached the canyon’s rim. Her back hurt but not that badly. Towhee took a seat, breathing hard from the exertion. Once she caught her breath, she realized she still had energy to spare. Well, she had been cooped up a while…

Rather than reserve it for the inevitable journey back to the married housing, Towhee decided, What the hell, and ventured around the foot of the Sunspire in the direction of the vale. She couldn’t resist the temptation to take a quick peek at her new home.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had walked healer Meadow to her borders. And he was on his way homw when he came across Towhee.

He dipped his muzzle to her and trotted the rest of the way to her gait.

She looked hale and it made him slightly relieved that she seemed no worse for ware. Guilt had been hard.

Hello. he chuffed.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When she saw someone coming from that direction, Towhee stiffened. She then recognized Reyson, so she relaxed. Then her head reared back in surprise. Why was he coming from the direction of Epoch, rather than Mereo? Curious…

Hey, man, I can’t thank you enough for that goat skin. It’s been great, especially on my back, Towhee greeted. Were you just coming from Epoch? I was headed that way for a quick sneak preview. Don’t tell on me, she joked, knowing there might be several wolves who’d frown at her for today’s risky venture.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson watched her balk, but once his visage was recognized she was calmer. He offered her a small smile lift of his lips.

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. I will have to get you another for next year.

He was assuming perhaps wrongly she would want children in spring.

He nodded. I was visiting with Meadow. She is the healer of Epoch and my friend.

Friend felt wrong. He felt there was a deeper connection there but he pushed it deep deep down.

He chuckled. What if I offer an extra set of paws. So you can say you werent alone and if the come upon us. It was my idea.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t say anything for a moment, processing her comrade’s words. She didn’t think Reyson would offer to go with her, though it wasn’t surprising considering the rest of the context. Perhaps he was all too keen to make an about face, in the hopes he might bump into his friend, Meadow, again.

Towhee made a (͡o‿O͡) face and said, You don’t mind backtracking a bit? I just want to catch a glimpse. I mean, I’ve seen it before. But it’s about to be my home and… She shrugged, not really sure how to explain this compulsion to check out the views and picture the future she would soon build there.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hadn't thought it like that. Though seeing meadow wouldn't make him unhappy. But he truly was teying to be better and Towhee was thr mate of hos friend. Even sort of his friend.

I don't mind.

He turned and stepped into footfalls woth her. Making sure to adjust his gait so to not push her.

I understand. It is like going into a battle right. You want to knowxwhat awaits you. Get an idea of the lay of the land.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Something like that, Towhee agreed without really thinking about it, taking a breath and moving to walk alongside Reyson. Don’t mind me if I walk slower than a snail.

It wasn’t much further before they turned a bend in the rocky footpath and saw the valley spreading out below them. Towhee’s breath caught as she shuffled forward with sudden haste, eager to drink in the vista. There really was so much green (and brown, red and yellow, given the time of year). And the air here just tasted fresher, although Towhee would most likely wind up missing the dust of the canyon.

She stood there for several moments, just breathing in and out and appreciating the view. Eventually she remembered her company and she turned, eyes seeking out Reyson. Towhee smirked as she thought about his little friend. This Meadow would soon be her own pack mate. Can’t wait to meet her…

Towhee pivoted to walk closer to him, prepared to begin the tandem stroll home. There were only a few trees growing all the way up here, which she really didn’t even notice in any meaningful way, until she mindlessly walked past one with a low-hanging branch.

She wasn’t even moving that quickly, yet the branches scraped along the full length of scar tissue spanning Towhee’s back. She froze but it was too late. Quite likely everyone in Epoch, Mereo and even Paleo heard the subsequent scream.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't say much. Just followed her along at a slow pace. It was beautiful here he had joined the healer into its borders. Towhee would like it.

He saw it too late. He was at her side in a moment. Towhee are you okay?

Reyson was worried now. His stomach hurting.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
“Towhee,” a worried Reyson wanted to know, “are you okay?”

SHITTING FUCK, she bellowed in reply.

Her teeth clenched nearly to the breaking point half a second later as Towhee hissed in a breath and sidestepped the offending branch. Her whole back lit up like the world’s worst sunburn. She didn’t think it was possible that it hurt more now than the day the cat had clawed her, yet Towhee might have bet that coin she didn’t possess.

Furthermore, she could feel the warm sensation of blood as it welled in the broken skin and began seeping into the fur along the wound. Knowing herself too well—she was highly likely to swoon any moment—Towhee practically gritted her teeth to dust as she tried to think on her unsteady feet.

Can— she tried to say, only to break off because of the pain. Can you—ah, fuck. Towhee spat, not just because it hurt so horribly but because she needed to make a split second decision. Take me—ah!—to the vale, she gasped, and maybe call for that friend of yours.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
If he hadn't been so worried he may have laughed. All he could think was Maxim was gonna shit.

He heard her eyed her. He couldn't lift her, well maybe. Dragging her was out. So he moved for her to lean.

Then lifted. Hurried howl to @Meadow
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Somehow, she remained on her feet, though part of Towhee wished she would just faint so she wouldn’t have to deal with this agony. The instant Reyson pressed up against her, she sagged toward him with a hiss. Despite being the one to urge him to call for help, she growled sharply at the sudden movement when he tossed back his head.

Sorry, she muttered. Let’s wa—walk, Towhee urged him, ignoring the shakiness in her legs as she obeyed her own command.

They shuffled forward and Towhee tried to distract herself from the pain by thinking about their next steps: the literal ones as well as the figurative. They should probably call for @Arsenio and @Tamar. As soon as they found somewhere to put her busted ass, she would have to ask Reyson to make haste back to Mereo to inform her family.

She wasn’t coming home… because she was home? Towhee barked a laugh at the thought, then stumbled and gave a little cry. She managed to stay upright, barely, 99% of her weight now bearing down on the poor Legatus’s shoulder.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
]

Towhee was baring down on him. Harder and harder. He wanted to just press down and have her hitch a ride. But he wasnt sure if he could or if it would cause worse pain.

So with shuffling gait they moved forward. Towhee will it hurt worse if i carry you?

She was a large wolf but he was larger. He wondered if he could.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Reyson said something. She motioned for him to pause and repeat himself so she could catch it. Meanwhile, she breathed hard and grimaced. Did he really think he could carry her?

How would that work? Would I mount you? How’s that gonna look—Towhee heaved a great breath, feeling a bit dizzy now—to your friend?

Jokes aside, her head was starting to spin. They might have no choice within a few minutes. For the time-being, Towhee shook her head and continued moving under her own power, albeit still leaning so heavily into Reyson that it probably hurt.

At least—we’re going—downhill, she quipped as her legs went all rubbery on her and she dropped into a sit, starting to slide. Woozy Towhee let out a deadpan, Wheeeee.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson snorted. Some men are unafraid and enjoy a little pegging, Towhee. You are lucky enough to have met one. But seriously you can barely walk.

She started to slide and Reyson moved to block her. Jesus jump the f**k up. he muttered.

He leaned to try and hold her from sliding and find a way to get her to Epoch.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tag simply for reference

“There,” she hummed softly, lifting another claw up, trying to drop the water and herbal mix she made for @Keyni’s little one. She gave the mother a wane smile before pushing the fennel paste toward her. “Try this—it could be milk supply? Maybe her latch isn’t as good as the others…”

She was tired. As good as she had slept, she had still woken in the morning, completely distraught she had stayed out all night and was quick to sweep home—Reyson on her tail, because the Mereo men seemed to feel she needed the extra protection.

Her first stop was her supplies—and then here. She wanted to see if paw-feeding the girl would help, and when finished, she planted a kiss to her head and to Keyni’s—words of encouragement before slipping out.

That was when the air was slapped with the most god-awful bellow Meadow had ever heard—a lynx in heat?

And Reyson’s desperate call.

She didn’t think—she fled. No, no, He was being gobbled by a lynx in heat, she was sure of it— her own desperate howl rang out, silver paws nimble upon the ground as the moments passed—they seemed like hours. And then there he was—and he was being humped by a lynx in heat!

No, no. Frantic, she looked to them—he was partially carrying someone, and with a woosh of breath, she fell to their side, eyes looking over them, heart erratic. “What happened?!”

Anything about pegging missed for now...
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
hashtag off the rails

Gravity spun her around to face Reyson as she backslid, which allowed Towhee to catch his remarks. L-O-L, she chuckled quietly under her breath.

Then someone else was there with them. Towhee startled, which made shooting pains race up the angry marks on her back. Instead of her consciousness continuing its slow leak, everything suddenly became brighter, clearer, sharper. And the pain momentarily dulled. Perhaps it was adrenaline; or instincts; or maybe it was Maybelline.

No, Towhee corrected her inexplicable inner monologue, not Maybelline. This must be…

You Meadow? she asked, as if her back wasn’t bloody and inflamed. Reyson’s……………… friend? Remembering herself, she added, And healer?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hadn't even realized what he was saying just quipped back in desperate need to ease her tension, and she caught it. He gave soft woof. And then Meadow was there, and his heart struck up a little. He dipped his muzzle back to Towhee, enough to catch her words.

This is Towhee. She was with me when the lynx attacked it got her worse than I. She is also deaf so you'll have to be facing her for her to read your lips. She caught the scabs on teh branch back there.

Reyson held his friend Towhee, who was acting like a godsdamn child and looking at Meadow. Though eh bent his head with a smile. To meet Towhee's eyes.

Yes Tohwee this is Meadow.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
You Meadow? Resyon’s….. friend?

Was it her imagination, or did the woman just… insinuate something?

A flush to her cheeks. It had to have been her imagination, feeling a little guilty at having been wrapped in Resyon’s rather strong arms all night. 

The very arms that were now practically holding up the injured femme.

Deaf. Completely injured. Moving to Epoch. There selfishly might have been a ‘pop’ in Meadow’s balloon when she had thought Epoch would have more adults to assist them. This quite possibly meant she had more work ahead of her, healing wise.

Her eyes scoured the scabbed markings on the woman’s back—freshly open, now bleeding. 

Okay, so she was going to have so much more work. 

Can you lay her down?? She paused, looking to the other woman, making sure their eyes met. Are you okay to lay down?

She wanted to better inspect what was before her.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The instant it became clear this was Meadow, Towhee’s pain dialed up again. Her jaw clenched, all the humor leeching out of her as she focused all her energy on keeping up with the conversation now going three ways.

The healer wanted her to lie down on the ground. Face lour with pain, she offered a perfunctory nod of understanding and gingerly lowered the rest of her body, facing uphill toward the towering Sunspire.

There’s a very good chance I’m gonna pass out, so can you do me a fa—a favor? Towhee said to either or both of them. Call for the leaders, let them know I’m here. And then please let my family know what happened. Tell Maxim I’ll be fine, but to go ahead and make his way over here with the kids when—oof, fuck—whenever he can. Please?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stared at Towhee, and then slowly unwraveled himself from her. Being careful not to jar. Help her down to the ground if she so needed.

Reyson bent to look her in the eye. I'm going for Maxim.

Then he looked to Meadow, gave her a small apologetic smile. I'll be back.

Then without further ado, he turned and used his long legs to his advantage.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
They laid her out and Towhee—as little as Meadow knew her—seemed quite sober from the pain. Reyson complied, and before Meadow could say much else, the man was gone. Moving impressively fast for a man that could probably threaten a moose with his height. 

Hey, she murmured, knowing tone did not matter as long as her lips could be read by the other. I’m gonna take a look, k?

And then she was hovering over her new patient, brows knitting together at the blood that had begun to seep from the wound. The scars reopened. She could treat her to stop the blood and then clean it and put something on to keep away infection. It probably hurt more than anything else. 

She moved back to Towhee’s front. I’m going to stop the bleeding and put something on for infection. I can find something to help with the pain? There was another pause, her mind whirling with everything she had come upon and the events to now.

And then with dead set curiousity: Towhee, what’s pegging? Is that a healing technique in Mereo?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Reyson disappeared in a small cloud of dust, leaving Towhee with the unfamiliar medic. She suddenly wondered if she should ask for Aquene or Fennec, though the Legatus was already gone. Towhee could howl for them, or ask Meadow to do it, but she decided to put her trust in her pack mates’—the old one and the new one—judgment.

Meadow made a point to look directly at Towhee when she spoke. Had Reyson asked her to do that? Either way, she appreciated it, particularly right now. The Redhawk nodded for the healer to go ahead with her assessment, bracing herself in case Meadow needed to clean it or touch it in any way. She didn’t make contact immediately, but she moved to speak to Towhee again.

Please, Towhee said faintly, though she no longer felt faint.

She wouldn’t necessarily use the word “manageable,” though if she held still and breathed carefully, Towhee found she could at least cope. That might change when Meadow actually touched her. Perhaps she could distract herself by trying to strike up a conversation, get to know her new pack mate a little bit.

I don’t— Towhee began to say, right when Meadow looked her dead in the eye and asked, “Towhee, what’s pegging? Is that a healing technique in Mereo?”

She wanted to laugh but it would hurt too much. Anyway, Towhee was no longer in the mood for jokes, including all the air quotes when referring to Reyson’s friendship with Meadow. They probably were just friends, especially if…

He likes a dick in his ass, Towhee gritted out, brow furrowing as she tried to remember if they’d ever discussed romance. I think Reyson might be into dudes.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson briefly wondered if should have gathered Aquene, but he didn't. Instead he did as asked and returned to Towhee, that seemed the more important thing. She wanted to know Maxim was coming and he would tell her that. Ease her mind just a little.

Reyson left Maxim to gather the children and he ran again. He wasn't sure how long he had run. He knew that some time had passed. However, when he arrived it was on teh tail end of the conversation.

At first horror colored his thoughts. Then he was amused. He said nothing and looked at the two. He briefly thought of saying nothing. Just letting them see him there, and pepper him with questions, but he couldn't quite not say anything, and part of him wanted to make it known, while also possibly take Towhee's mind off the pain.

Then you'd be partially wrong. He murmured. But he bent to make sure that Towhee could read his lips.

I do like dick in my ass as you so callously put it. But I also like my dick in females too. Thanks. Otherwise Towhee, how would i know backs get blown out.

He shook his head. Maxim is on his way with Leona and Jack.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Oh, was the only word that she could commit to in that moment. Huh.

And then there was a pregnant pause, when Reyson made himself known and announced to the fallen she-wolf that he also enjoyed to partake in activities with his dick in a woman, as well. Little deer left the building and she went on autopilot, noting how miserable her new charge looked.

The ashen waif logged that information away for later, giving a gentle nod to the woman and moving to collect the softest moss she could find. Keep her occupied? She spoke to Reyson, her eyes upon him for a stolen moment.

It would have been more ideal were they closer to Epoch, but she didn’t think Towhee would make it without passing out. Though, perhaps that would be a blessing to save the darker female the pain for now. 

Instead, she worked with what she had, unwilling to go further to fetch other supplies and leave the new Epochian stranded on the ground. She found a water source close by, gone only a moment when she dipped the moss to it, and trailing back, she placed a paw gingerly on the woman’s own paw, letting her know she would begin. 

And she began to clean, hoping the blood would soon desist and the scab would form quickly this time—who knew how long Towhee’s healing had been set back from this event.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Especially in her increasingly ornery mood, Towhee didn’t want to discuss or think about Reyson’s sexual proclivities. It seemed Meadow didn’t, either. The woman set about her work, Towhee just doing her best to be a model patient.

But that was made difficult when the man promptly reappeared. Apparently he’d overheard her—Towhee knew she tended to be louder than was socially acceptable—and wanted to set the record straight. He delivered his riposte in good humor.

Towhee groused, T-M-I, dude, although her expression brightened considerably when she processed the news about her husband and kids. Good. Thanks, she managed.

Not long after that, something touched her paw. The worn out Redhawk glanced up at Meadow and nodded. She breathed in sharply when the moist moss touched against the angry gashes along her spine. It certainly hurt, though the soft, wet material also soothed a bit.

What about the leadership here? Did you alert them? she wondered, eyes looking to Reyson.