Blacktail Deer Plateau i don't look back now when i make moves
146 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
He returned to the altars he had watched @Ash Paw clean.

The night was here now. The sky overcast as it hid the stars. In his jaws was a bundle of plants he had managed to root out. These were placed before the altars she had cleaned.

All of this done with no deep thought.

Now he sat before them, dreading the way he had left her earlier.
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
696 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Sleeplessness had curled around her tight and in the twilight hours she moved through the forest. Silent footfalls near the trees. There was no light upon the ground. The stars hiding their peeping faces.

Tiny calico body moved towards the altars. Only to freeze as blue eyes alighted upon the wolf who lay plants there. It was clear he knew not what he had, but the sentiment was all the same.

Past the tree line one sooty paw stepped forward and sky eyes peered at him.
146 Posts
Ooc —
He heard her well before he spotted her.

If she had intent to kill, he'd be dead. But all she ever did was batter him around a bit. Syrax had come to enjoy it. Far more than he wished to.

Perhaps she'd be another Adlartok.

Perhaps she'd be another Calida.

His heart hurt for the first the most, a dull pain for the other. She would not be either. He had quickly realized, upon dipping his toes into admiration and infatuation, that no two were ever the same. Suddenly he could not look at her anymore.

Too embarrassed and riddled with boyish fears.

His eyes snapped back to the altars.
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
696 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash had not been intent upon silence. She had simply been walking. Looking 

She moved and settled beside him. Eyes on the plant on her altars.

Sage it is a good herb. Can put it on chests for colds. Eat it for stomach pains. And in religions it is cleansing. You must show me where you found it later.

She looked to him. Why so sad?

She didn't understand what had happened today. She had teased as she always did and suddenly. He was upset.
146 Posts
Ooc —
She imparted wisdom.

Suddenly he did feel like a boy! In many ways he still was. Even if he stood on the very edge of being a man in age.

But the worst thing of all was to be asked about his sadness. His sadness that was founded in nothing.

I'm a presumptuous, greedy boy. He told her with a sincerest tone that had not graced him once. There was no humor. No shine. I have been renamed Syrax, bathed in the religions of Basilica and given a path — His vocal chords felt tight against his words. But still I grab and grasp for things that are not mine. I have grand delusions and put feelings where there are none.
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
696 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash Paw listened as he spoke. Her words were well received at least. And she was pleased with the gift of plant life for her gods. And he would show her the spot he found it and it would be that much better.

Ash Paw listened and then in turn studied him. From his size to his appearance. You are a young man, not a boy. ON the cusp of your manhood and already showing growth. You shouldn't be ashamed or sad. Everyone as a youngling grasps at things and pride.: Even I at 3 am Haughty and prideful at the worst of times. We are a pack of pride as it were.

Ash Paw tilted her head and shifted. Syrax. She tried out the name. There could be eventually maybe. I make no promises or illusions and I do not search for things. I find your personality pleasing and your presence satisfactory.