Redhawk Caldera Blue Hours
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The authorities. The man. Y'know? Probably not. He was a wolf. But in the magic of writing and semi realism, Bridget knew exactly what she was gettin at here.

The guy who led them sounded like a real pill at first, but her smile got more amused towards Bronco the longer he went on. It took balls to go up to some stranger on their turf and tell them you didn't like what they were doing. Was it particularly smart? No. Did she like his style? Absolutely.

He sounds like a windbag. Who forms a pack and calls it an army? Wild shit. She paused, then winked at Bronco conspiratorially. Maybe he's overcompensating for something, eh? That or his ego was somewhere up on one of those mountains surrounding it.

Sorry about your kid, though. That sucks. Fuck, she was so curious. He had kids, which had to mean a prior relationship, but she didn't recall ever hearing much about one. Did he have a wife tucked away somewhere? No, if he did, he'd never have slipped up and dropped the son card. No way she was going to ask, anyway - she was probably either dead or in a Reyes-type situation and neither of those were something she felt comfortable prodding Bronco for. As far as friend levels went, they were kickin things off at 1... maybe 1.5. Those felt like strictly level 3 convos.

I can't imagine the shit someone would have to pull here to get banned. He must be a real tight-ass. Wait... you said he's taking kids into battle? She'd skipped it at first, but when she went back over it, the concept stuck out. If that was true, she might be tempted to pay a little visit of her own.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Yeah, he got it, though he was a bit slow on the uptick. He didn't belly-laugh immediately as some others *wink wink nudge nudge* definitely did. But he did like referring to Germanicus as 'the fuzz' in his head. He pictured Germanicus as a giant ball of fuzz, with two lines for eyebrows, buttons for eyes, a small nub of a nose and a little frowny mouth. Yeah, Germanicus was definitely more likeable as the fuzz.

His eyebrows lifted and he bit his lip when Bridget began to air her impression of the Imperator as well. At this point, he didn't really fear that the word would get back to Mereo that a couple Brecheliants were tittering away about their leader behind his back. In fact, he was going to feed into it even more. "Get this- his title is 'Imperator.' The guy's definitely compensating," He agreed. 

But at the end of the day, the over-compensating windbag of a fuzz had his son, his ex-wife and his aunt in his pack. And regardless of his connection with Fennec, he wouldn't wish punishment or prejudice to be steered in their direction because of his actions. So he sighed, heavily. "Yeahhh." Yeah. They had his son, who wasn't exactly a soldier by nature, and yet...That was where he chose to live. The fact that Killdeer could have chosen to leave this military and come to live a peaceful life with him, but hadn't, stung him. He had to accept his son's decision but not a day went by that he didn't wish for it all to change. 

"Here?" He asked, for clarification. He already knew the minute amount it took to get banned from Mereo. But the conversation took a whiplash turn, back to the topic of his son. 

"See- like. Right? Right- like...You heard 'military' and you assumed the same thing I did." He said. Finally, someone who reacted the same way he had, when he'd learned that his son was part of a military pack. He felt relieved, and he'd never even thought that he'd needed someone else to have the same knee-jerk reaction. "Battle. Right? He said if I wanted to see Killdeer that I'd have to go with him and his troops on an emergency mission to a- I'm not sure if this was meant to be secret or not but whatever- to some place called Akashingo." He said. "He didn't say that it was just some 'diplomatic' thing until afterwards, but yeah, I thought like...What the hell else do you do with troops, but go to battle?" He said. "And yeah. Killdeer was on it. So they weren't going to battle, but he got right upset when I made that assumption, and because I did, he just made fun of me in front of one of his goons and in front of my son, and banned me." 

He hadn't had a chance to vent about it with anyone. Clearly. 

"I dunno if he'd make kids go to battle. But he's for sure training them to." He concluded, quietly.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I assumed it because you said it, she said with a light laugh behind the words, though her smile was easy. I can definitely understand thinking that though. Never heard of an 'army' that did diplomacy first. Bridget probably wouldn't have gone in there hot for exactly the same reason Bronco did, but she also didn't have a kid in their ranks. Love had made her stupid more than a few times... she could absolutely relate.

Sounds like you're better off. If your son likes it there, good for him, but assholes tend to attract assholes. He must be the easygoing kind. Bridget couldn't imagine ever sticking with a pack that did something like that to her pops. The Court had its issues but being jerks to their adult members wasn't one of them.

Isn't Akashingo the place Teya's been a few times? I've never checked it out myself, but it sounds like a real over the top place too. Weddings and such. Anytime something happens they apparently invite half the wilds. Bridget waved a paw. I'd assume no one cared, but if the food's good and free, I guess people show. As far as she knew they weren't allies, but she could be wrong on that. It wasn't really in her job description to know anyway.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Oh, whoops. Maybe he'd led her to that conclusion. But still, at least she didn't seem to like the concept of children being marched off to any sort of dangerous post. 

His features gentled when she mentioned his son. He rolled his eyes at the implication that the pack might be full of assholes. Maybe it was- save for his son...And sometimes his ex-mate. He didn't like to let himself think ill of her, especially when she was the one who had Killdeer full-time. "He's a sweetheart. He'd never hurt a fly," Though his voice was soft, and some doubt crept in. "I told him he shouldn't let them change him. I don't think they will, but...I don't want them to even try." He sighed. He had faith in his son, and that he would stay forever friendly and kind. But the influence of an Imperator might weigh on his son's conscience. He could only hope his son was never put in a situation where he had to make a choice that pulled him between his morals and his duties. 

"Free food?" He asked. "Wedding parties..." It sounded almost too good to believe. His brow lifted. Now that was something he could understand. Pomp and circumstance, celebration, flowers and food and songs..."When's their next one? Hell, I'd go. Weddings aren't too over the top, it's just a nice celebration," He said, dabbling the ground with an idle paw. He wanted all that fuss and frivolity. It was an idea he kept very close to his heart.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget watched him, noticing how deeply he seemed to care about his son despite their pack differences. It wasn’t too surprising, she supposed, that he would choose to stay even though his dad wasn’t welcome. Kids needed to make their own paths. That still had to be rough on Bronco though.

I don’t have any kids, so take this advice with that in mind. She attached the disclaimer first, smiling. I think the best thing you can do is make sure he knows he can come to you. That way, if that pack ever did try to push him to change, he’d know you were there to give advice.

Then she laughed, giving a little shrug. Or, I guess, change him in a way he didn’t want to be changed. Because I don’t think anything can stop kids from growing up. Unfortunately.

As far as Akashingo goes, no clue! But I imagine you’ll hear about it. She smiled, figuring he’d catch why. Teya wouldn’t keep him in the dark on something like that, especially since the two of them would likely be going together.

She was glad she’d come to talk to him. Questions aside, all it did was make her more positive she could handle this. Reyes had made her feel pushed aside - she didn’t get that sense from Bronco. Unless that changed (she didn’t expect it would) she could at least lower her guard and embrace the friendships she could have. Friendships that now, it seemed, could include Bronco too.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bridget's advice was good. It was especially easy for Bronco to take, given the fact that he did want for Killdeer to come visit him, or even stay with him- but only if it was Killdeer's choice. He smiled, appreciative of the wisdom that she had to share with him and that they had some of the same impulses when it came to parenting. "I have. And he knows that. I think I told him almost those same words, that I just didn't want for them to change him." He admitted. Funny how good brains finished each other's sandwiches. 

There wasn't much to be done for it. He did intend to try and steal Killdeer for a good visit, but knew that his son now had obligations to his pack and he was doing his best to better his own reputation, so that the Imperator might be more lenient on him regarding visits. It felt like he was on parole. 

"Do you want to have kids someday?" He asked. Time for Bridget to be in the hot seat.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget shook her head immediately. She was one hundred percent sure on that, as one hundred percent sure as anyone could be about anything, at least. The idea of being with a guy in that way freaked her out, and even experimenting wasn’t something she’d ever considered doing. She wasn’t even sure she’d ever had a true heat; she only knew she’d responded to Teya’s.

She shut the memory of that before she could even open it.

No. I don’t think tradition is going to play much in where I go, down the line. Aunt suits me better. Maybe, if she fell in love and they wanted kids, but… who knew? She couldn’t see it.

I’m sure, as long as Brecheliant’s here, I’ll have more than enough kids to keep me busy. And I love what I do. It’s been nice, being able to focus on that. She didn’t feel the need to ask the question back. She knew the answer, and she knew that this year, they’d be having more of their own. It was still hard to think about it, just as it had been with Reyes, but she really hoped it got easier as her heart had time to let it go. No one could be perfect.

Don’t think that means I want more work, though. She added, playfully switching the conversation. I find plenty to do outside the borders, and I for one prefer it to in-house work.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Immediate and confident, her reply surprised him. His brow lifted and his lips  pulled forward, bristling his whiskers. He made a small chuff, but then nodded and tilted his head from side to side, as though weighing her explanation. The word aunt teased a smile from his lips. 

He would want children for any who wanted them and loved them. He thought Bridget would make a wonderful mother- and it was hard for him (as he loved his son so dearly) to understand why she might not want the same for herself. He knew better not to say as much though. 

”You’re definitely aunt quality.” He intended it as a compliment. All kids deserved to have wolves to look up to aside from their parents, whether it was older siblings, aunts and uncles, or family friends. 

He was thrown off by her comment though- and hadn’t quite caught her train of mind. ”Sorry- in house work? Like…You prefer doing…Work outside the pack?”
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She was glad he didn’t argue. She didn’t mind her preferences, nor was she ashamed of them, but they might bring up thoughts and questions regarding the nature of her relationship with Teya that she wasn’t exactly equipped to answer yet. In a while they’d probably all be laughing about it… but not quite this soon.

I’m a healer. That means it’s my job to help, packmate or not. Bridget thought back to a few of the more recent ones. They aren’t always grateful for it, and I don’t always if they are in a spot where they can refuse it. But I do what I can. It was always better when it was a stranger. She could treat a friend fine, and had done so many times over the years, but it was harder to disconnect to do what she needed to do. Healing wasn’t always pleasant for the medic or the patient.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Ohhhhh," He got it now. He felt a bit ashamed, having not quite caught what she'd meant, but it made total sense now. She enjoyed getting out and helping all wolves- not just those in the pack. Now that he understood, he delved a bit more deeply into the wording she'd used that had puzzled him...Did she prefer doing healing for wolves out of pack? That was what she'd said, wasn't it? Strangers? Over packmates?

For a moment, it didn't make sense- until it did. He looked at her with renewed understanding. Of course; she enjoyed being a medic and healing, but treating family as patients...it couldn't be easy. Maybe it was just a bit less stressful when she could help a wolf, and then walk away, knowing she'd done something good for a stranger. 

"Dr. Bridget, medicine woman," He said, "Of all the Teekon Wilds. It's pretty impressive," He added.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Just try not to spread it around too much, or we might have a line from here to the mountains. I’d be too swamped to heal any dumb mistakes you all might make. She replied, with a bit of playful warning that her expression clearly said she didn’t mean.

Speaking of, I have an appointment soon with a certain field. Want to come help a doctor embarrass herself chasing rabbits?

Normally she wouldn’t invite anyone along, but she wasn’t quite ready to leave things yet and with his help, maybe she’d actually get lunch out of it. He was a nice enough guy she figured he wouldn’t judge her too ruthlessly - and she’d gotten over her bullshit around about everything else. About time she kicked the hunting thing too.

fade this? <3 loved it!!!!