Redsand Canyon Think you're in control
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Private 
Since the day they had departed the mesa, a query has lingered close in his mind.
The amiirad, @Makono... he sought her again; to ask, in hopes of clear advice. Your father, pharaoh... should he hear my words? Did the young, to-be pharaoh wish it that they both knew of his new ability? For this, he did not know. Ramesses indeed held the highest authority, but Khaba's true respect and loyalty belonged only to one.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
makono.

kind and cruel in equal turns. khaba placed his heart on a scale before her. her who had changed Ma'at. she could quickly weave around him tighter. tell him none should ever. that especially not pharaoh.

yet here he admitted that it was just them.

she gave him kindness. freedom. chance.

do you have words that must spill from you to his ears?

her gaze remained warm, a counter to the chilling air that rolled through the canyon.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
She looked closely, but warmly upon him. There was a question of whether it was necessary; but in truth, even he did not know.
Perhaps some... Of course, should he decide to share this newfound talent, not every secret would be spilled unto the pharaoh's ear.
Would be beneficial, maybe. For me- for Akashingo. It is hard to communicate with no words. This was true. Since his arrival, the mazoi had found it difficult to be near others. When the spoke, Khaba could only offer silence. When he wanted something, none would ever know just what it was he wanted.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
you could speak through me.

her voice does not serve to dissuade him. merely an offer.

it is not so far fetch a concept that i have come to learn your wants as you have mine. you have been my guard for a while and the work of emissary forges bonds closer between us.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
You could speak through me. Her suggestion, and not an absurd one. But there was a piece missing.
That's a thought... 
He fell silent for a moment, pondering.
Or, you could find credit for yourself... forgive my blunt words, but your father seems the type who would take pleasure in knowing you, amiirad and crown prince have taught his mazoi words for his ear. Was he completely wrong? Khaba didn't think so.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
he was like an eel in the water. electric and winding.

or perhaps a crocodile. floating along, waiting for one who got too close. yet she was still a lioness in all ways. even if her title shifted over time. a myriad of meaningful beasts applied.

i treasure you, khaba. she told him flatly, but sincere.

he will see value in such a thing, you are right — but are you willing to be branded in that manner? do you wish to be viewed as the mazoi that i have claimed and lifted for the eyes of pharaoh to see?
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
"I treasure you."
It wasn't at all what he had expected to hear. But he would simply dismiss it for the moment.
I do not care how he views me, but only for how you view me. I could speak thoughtless words all day long and it would mean nothing. My utmost truths will be spoken only to you, my sōzokujin.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
hot in the face.

searing, burning.

so be it, jodai. her voice a touch softer than she cared for. then we will go home with word of this and our truths will be kept to one another.

and gods help her if she fell on her own scepter for the jodai.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
So be it. They would go together and tell pharaoh of this triumph, bet it that's what they chose to call it.
When we have returned home, send for me when you believe it is the time to tell him. I will be waiting.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
fade? and ofc im gonna toss something new your way soon <3

of course,

and she could hear a collection of soldiers off in the distance, another training session about to begin.

she was not exempt from attendance. she motioned for them to head that way now.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
They would be ready soon. But for now, she would continue her training as prince.
With her gesture noticed, Khaba prepared for their return. He took a stance close at her heel and placed his attention on their surroundings. She would lead them back.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.