Lion Head Mesa dais
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
All Welcome 
"he drinks day and night, @Treva." they were atop the mesa, as ramesses had come to enjoy the falling snow at the edges of his kingdom. there was a fine pelt here for the queen to use as a covering, even as he himself paced and snorted at the idea of charles.
"he once knew my enemy. in my mercy i brought him to akashingo and made of him a prince. a marriage was found for him." lilitu's striking beauty had been squandered on the man, which caused ramesses no end of jealousy. his breath rose in a plume.
"and still he failed in that capacity as well. princess lilitu has returned to her people and without akashingo in her belly. it is a humiliation." pharaoh was kindled. "shall he still stand as prince? shall he be reformed? remarried?" he did not expect her to know each answer but as shabti, he sought treva's counsel now, sinking down beside her in an furor of angst.
328 Posts
Ooc —
she was cradled in fur. both her own and gifted. she had become an advisor to many, her husband was no different.

she knew at once who he spoke of. even if she did not know explicit details of the man. one screaming for berries like a competing rooster could not be kept hidden for long, could he? nor did it shine fairly upon the palace, upon the divinity of akashingo.

it was that thought which prompted the answer.

you have given him these things once and it was clearly not wanted as much as berries. words of a joking nature even if her tone remained flat. serious.

the only option is reform, and if he does not flow like the serpent's waters, then we can do no more for him. we cannot waste every princess on this prince. nor our other stores.

her jade gaze fell heavy upon her husband now.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
he saw again the firmness which had marked earlier decrees. treva shied from nothing. in love and in gratitude he kissed the top of her paw and then sighed whitely out toward the wintry scene. "shall we send him to the priests, my love? make him a gift and a project?" ramesses chuckled, though it was not truly amused.
"or shall i send him away as i do the rest of my princes and princesses?" it was time for toula and sethnakht to make their first forays, though he wanted to keep his little daughter close and his young son from the eyes of his crown prince.
he was makono's enemy, after all, no matter what pharaoh wished.
he met her eyes steadily now.
328 Posts
Ooc —
she was kissed upon paws and she touched his crown while he was low. brief, soft. mindful of the gentle furs that covered such a heavy head.

she adored him in these moments most.

i believe this is unfortunately a project for many. not just one. and although she laughed lowly, her seriousness remained. clinging upon her much like a shawl. the priests may see a path, the mazoi may guide him elsewhere. other princes and princesses may give wisdom he lacks.

i do fear burning more resources on him before he is sorted.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"yes. it would take all of akashingo to mend him." pharaoh's voice was a knife in the cold air. but he looked back with gentler eyes upon his wife, swathed in finery and speaking to him as an equal.
his only equal.
"what would be your order in this matter, shabti?" he asked earnestly, lapis finding the deep verdancy of her own. she had him ensnared; did treva know?
328 Posts
Ooc —
will he hear my words?

or was he too drunken? too ensnared in misery?

we may sit before him with a council. i will offer words as an advisor and queen that his options are to toil beyond akashingo as a gifted emissary or follow orders here upon strict watch. his options must be limited, lest he slips again.

she sought his returned wisdom now.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"he shall hear them," ramesses declared. he lay back at last upon one elbow, thankful to have it sorted. "i do not know what kind of mood he will be in," pharaoh warned his queen. "one would think he had the sense not to speak fiercely before you."
and yet he thought highly of charles, for only if the man would consent to be governed, he could be molded.
328 Posts
Ooc —
if his mood is so foul he has no sense, then the decision will be easier.

a warning, a political move in full. she has no desire to harbor such things in the palace with her beloved. akashingo was a grand place. not to be tarnished by boys playing prince.

i wish for a project. beyond the drunkard.

her voice was a lull as she leaned to pepper him in kisses.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"do you have something in mind, my lotus petal?" his ears came forward.
leave charles to him. perhaps he might give the task to poised little @Toula.
ramesses waited. he would call a meeting with he and her and with gucci.
328 Posts
Ooc —
i wish to host things among our halls again. the wedding was warm and full of bodies. if we could have weddings every day, i would say make it so!

she laughed warmly against the fine pharaoh.

and i...wish for more politics. advising these larger matters. speaking with the visitors of importance.

the voice of a bored house wife, longing and dreaming. not yet knowing that nearly everything she asked for could already be hers!
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"come to court. first we shall sit in upon the prince. and then we shall turn to thoughts of expansion."
ramesses smiled and his gaze was filled with ambition. "i think it is time that akashingo began to require tribute. the crown prince will grow restless in a palace with little siblings underfoot. her aims would be best served putting down skirmishes."
he looked to her now. did treva see the necessity of this? "or perhaps we will do the opposite: invite all others to hold feasts and their marriage celebrations here." he smiled.
328 Posts
Ooc —
i would see to it all. everything, anything. for you, for akashingo. she leaned to pepper him with kisses. feverish and loving. devout, even.

the crown prince seems to come back each time with something more. i think more trips will be good, tasks to make a busy body. and in that implication came that the mind could not be so busy, if the body was, right?

and perhaps through that, we will see more faces visit us. for pleasantries or weddings.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses spared to time to return her kisses, passionately winding her into his embrace until they were both breathless.
"set a winter feast for brecheliant, then. invite their children as well, if you would like. i will send word to mereo. and in the meantime, i will send our brash young rooster to another rooftop."
328 Posts
Ooc —
fade? <3

she laughed, warm and delighted. she had images in mind already! she wished for something soft, joyous for brecheliant. she imagined gifts given and stories shared. songs spread between the two groups. something to bond them.

i have much to prepare then. as do you, for our young rooster. another laugh as she sought to press another kiss.