Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Trade 
Rodyn was down into the forest again. The shadows here painted dappled colors upon his pelt. He smiled as he traversed the well worn pathways. Wondering after @Void and hoping he was well.

He was on the hunt for ermine today. The pale weasels with winter white fur. They were starting to grow that color now, and he was so close to his goal of the bride price. He couldn't wait for it. He would be glad to have it all done and to speak his intentions with love and laughter in his heart.

His pretty Peachy queen of his heart. He would be thrilled to travel in this life and the next with her. Samani. Her name was like a prayer in his mind, but he didn't deter him from his path. More it caused him to zero in on it.
Trans Male -- He/Him -- Should be misgendered upon first encounter though
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Rykor was hanging around in the forest. The trees had been stripped of their leaves for a while now, so they gave little cover from the cold. The undergrowth was mostly dead too, and while his pelt wasn't thin, it was little to protect him from this cold. He was born in the midst of a cold season, and had been around for another one, but he still did not appreciate it. The last one had not been spent in these same woods though. It had been in the ones he was born in.

He noticed a wolf, seemingly searching for something to hunt, not far off. Rykor let out a bark to make himself known. His bark was different to a pure wolfs, as the 50% of dog in him showed in almost every way.
Signature
++++
Trans Male -- He/Him - Should be misgendered upon first encounter for sake of 
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A bark resounded around the area, and Rodyn lifted his head. Yellow gaze searching, looking. A dog wolf was nearby, he stared at her. Unsure what exactly to say. She had probably just scared away all his prey. But he was not a beast, and so he bowed his head in greeting.

Hello, can I help you?

He kept his body neutral his tail hanging at half mast upon his legs. Head tilted. He would not avert his eyes, here they were equals and there was no hierarchy. He was itching to continue hunting, but a hunting partner would not go amiss.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Hi!" Rykor said in a friendly tone. "I saw you were looking for prey, and I thought that maybe I could help. Sorry if my bark scared anything off." He added, realizing he may had made a bad desicion there. But the man didn't seem angry, just annoyed.

"My names Rykor." He added. "And I know I look like a girl but I'm a boy." He explained.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded his head. Yes I was hunting for weasels. You can still help if you like? We'll just have to go further into the woods is all. Let them calm down for a minute.

Rodyn shifted and shook his shoulder. A small smile on his maw. Well met Rykor I'm Rodyn Ardeth.

He raised a brow at the comment of looking like a girl, but being a boy. he shrugged a broad shoulder. That didn't bother him any. It was none of his business.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Cool. Again, sorry for scaring them off." He apologized. "And uh, I've never hunted weasels, so I don't know how much help I'll be, if you even want my help anymore." Rykor explained.

"well met as well Rodyn." Rykor returned the greeting.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn studied him, warm yellow eyes. Why wouldn't i want your help?

He bent his head to the ground, speaking as he did so. They smell musty, and sort of dirty. Right now they are going to be white. They are fast like rabbits, but not as fast. More slinky like, long and thin. They make good snack and their fur is very warm.

He motioned for the other to follow him as he began to follow the trail.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Rykor nodded at everything Rodyn said. They were close in age, but Rodyn was older, and must've been around these areas longer, as Rykor had never seen such a creature before. But he followed Rodyn as he started on a trail.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't worry over much about his age. It was simply a thing that was tied to him, but it was merely a number.

Ermines were all over. But he didn't mind hunting for them. Tail swinging to and fro as he sniffed out a meal.

Shall we? he asked the other with kindness in his voice.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Rykor nodded. He'd hunted rabbits before and if Rodyn said they were fast like rabbits, but not as fast, they shouldn't be much of an issue. "You need a certain amount or anything?" Rykor asked. He wasn't sure what Rodyn needed these weasels for. They seemed an odd choice to hunt for the sheer fun of it.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shrugged. I need 8, but I'm not gonna take them all. I just need the furs. But Ermine are big enough that they fill caches nicely for winter, to stave off hunger, and they make good meat for littles to chew upon if there are any new pups come spring in our pack and of course you can take half of whatever we catch.

There was no way he would take them all, that was just rude, and ruined the whole point of trading his hunting prowess with others. The couldn't benefit from it.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"I wont need half. I stick to myself, would only really need the meat of one or 2, to fend off some hunger for a few days." Rykor said. "You have a pack, take what you need. I won't have little ones around, I don't think." He said.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded and moved forward at a clip. A small smile on his face. He waved his tail for the other to follow and it was with determined stride he moved into position. Stalking, low to the ground. Nose against the frosty ground.

Rodyn rousted 1 then 2 easily and grasped them in his jaws. But then 2 to 3 more ran towards the other wolfdog and he gave a quick yip to warn the other to catch. He wasn't sure if he could, but he hoped so.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Rykor had watched Rodyn make his first two catches, watching his form to learn how he should hunt them when his chance came. He dropped into the stance Rodyn was in and stalked forward to the oncoming weasels. He locked his jaws around one and twisted its body to quickly end its life by cleanly breaking its spine, before doing the same for another. He couldn't catch the 3rd before it was out of sight though.

Rykor then looked to Rodyn for praise.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rykor watched and he learned. Rodyn could respect this. He was quickly able to follow into a hunting stance, quickly able to use his jaws to remove the live of the creatures they hunted.

Rodyn gave a soft smile. Well done Rykor. If you want the meat I would like the furs.

He dipped his head happily.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"I am fine with taking just the meat of one or 2 of these. Bring the rest to your pack." Rykor said. He really didn't need much. He started to de-skin the two weasels he'd caught. Rodyn could do what he wished with his own two. Rykor only wanted the meat of his 2 catches.
Signature
++++
realisticality though.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Fade here

Rodyn nodded and stripped his own food and furs. He would carry these to the mountain and then everything would be caught for his bride price. A small smile lit up his eyes as he thought of it.

Finally, everything had been leading up to this moment, and here he was. He thought about waiting, but then he knew he'd lose his nerve.

Thank you for hunting with me.
39 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Rykor nodded. "Any time." He said in reply. "farewell, rodyn." he added, then flicked his tail, and started off
Signature
++++
realisticality though.