Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
all welcome, but would love if @Meerkat could answer.

Rodyn had not forgotten the she wolf Meerkat or her heavy sadness. He had told all he could of the young one they had lost. Hopefully, they found him. He carried antlers, driftwood and a few small furs. He had so many now, he could share.

He found the border and stared at the open tunnel perplexed. Did they all live in a cave. He shrugged. Settled himself and his items far enough away to be respectful and he howled out a small note to the she wold he had grown to like as a friend. Wondering how she was. Then with a curl of his tail around red paws he waited, patient. Watching the sea.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She spent the early hours of the morning at the sound again, hoping the sea breeze and surf would carry away her worries so she wouldn’t take them home and burden anyone else with them. When she felt ready, Meerkat turned inland, though when it came time to turn east toward home, she found herself continuing due south toward the willow trees.

She didn’t make it very far before a howl rose up from behind her. The Laramite halted, trying to identify the voice. She couldn’t, though she pivoted and headed back toward the cliffs after all, curious who might be calling for her.

Rodyn, she said when she saw him seated near the borders, several items beside him. Meerkat eyed them briefly before drawing up beside him, eyes warm as she said, Hey, how is your scavenger hunt going? And what did Samani think of the seashells?

She supposed she should share the good news: not only had Njord returned, Requiem was alive and well too, if not here in Sapphique. But she had spent the entire day yesterday talking about herself. She was tired of the self-involved dwelling for now. She would much rather hear all about someone else’s goings-on.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't know much about the sea, but the smell of the surf and the sound in the air. There was an understanding, that it would be peaceful here. That one could think and exist and relax.

A smile lit up his features and he wagged his tail. Hello Miss. Meerkat. All is well. I have gotten everything except the Ermine furs. I am working on them now. I even caught a couple caribou. Samani liked them, though she seemed more eager to hear of my adventures and my health.

he chuckled warmly at the thought of his sea girl. And how she was more concerned with him as a whole than the items he had brought. Truthfully, he liked it that way.

How are you doing? I brought you driftwood, furs and some antlers for little teeth.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
His collection was growing. Meerkat tilted her head as Rodyn casually mentioned catching a couple of caribou, as if that was an everyday occurrence for him. The way he said Samani’s name made her smile grow. The Moonwoman’s young daughter was lucky to have someone so devoted.

I see! Thank you, Rodyn, Meerkat said, reaching out to gently touch a prong on the piece of driftwood, though her eyes remained on him. You remembered. I’m sure you passed along the message about Requiem too. I’m happy to tell you they located him in a neighboring pack. He’s still there, Meerkat shared with a hard wag of her tail, safe.

She had not mentioned Njord at the time, she knew, but Rodyn had known something was amiss then. Her lips pursed as she considered telling him the good news. But something stopped her. Her conversation with Chacal yesterday had laid bare some fears of hers that had left her feeling tender and vulnerable. Meerkat really didn’t want to dwell on it.

All of this, she said instead, sweeping a paw over his offerings, will be put to good use. Is there anything I can get for you, Rodyn?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's thought process was that of get the bride price, state his intentions. That was all the further he could get in his mind. The thought of Samani possibly saying no, made his tongue dry out and his heart clench, but he didn't think she would, or more so he hoped. She seemed as devoted as he, thus far. Though she didn't seem to want to settle yet, she wanted scouting. So perhaps they would need to go on a trade run before spring, just he and she.

Rodyn's gave a soft yip of excitement. That's great to hear! I asked every pack I went too. I'm so glad you found him. Sorry to hear he's staying elsewhere, but that his health is good. That's just great.

His tail wagged harder. So glad to hear that the youth was okay. That had been a bit of dark news that day and had driven him insane. He had wanted to find the child so badly for them, just so they knew he was well.

Rodyn shook his head. Naw. You did more than enough when you showed me how to find sea shells and took the time to talk to a stranger. Perhaps some day I can ask you to teach me of some of the sea creatures you can eat and hunt?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Ah, she couldn’t help but remark when he expressed his condolences about Requiem’s current location, I can’t speak for his maman but all that matters is that he’s safe and sound. The circumstances were a bit different but… kids are wont to wonder, aren’t they? My own daughter recently left to travel.

That wound still throbbed too, though not as much lately. Whenever Meerkat missed Mercy, she just pictured the girl out there, kicking ass and taking names. She had no doubt her little Vixen was having the time of her life. It was certainly going to be hard on her, though her daughter was tough. She’d raised her that way.

There are probably others who’d be better suited to that particular task, she replied to Rodyn’s remark, her smile going a little cheeky. I can always delegate. She paused, letting out a breath. Actually, my husband is what you might call a savvy huntsman. I could introduce you sometime?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Ear's tilted forward as she spoke, eyes upon her face, for a short time and then averted his gaze. He didn't wish to be rude.

That's true. We are currently missing one of our own. I just found out upon my return. He's a good deal older though, and can hold his own, but if you happen to hear from anyone named Mojag or Mo, tell him his Anaa misses him and so do all of us.

Rodyn sighed. He wished he had been there for Mojag when he needed him most. I did well on my travels, but in the short moons that I was gone. Many things changed. Ah! I wish your daughter well. What's her name? If I happen upon her I'll greet her as a friend.

He chuckled and then laughed outright. Fair enough. You can delegate and your husband And I will get food for the queen of his heart, yes.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Bringing up Njord without mentioning any of this summer’s context was strangely refreshing. Rodyn had no idea her husband had gone missing for months… and he never would, unless Njord met him and told Rodyn himself.

I could call for him now, if you like, she offered. I’ll probably need some help carrying your gifts, in any case. And our daughter’s name is Vixen, though we always called her Mercy. I hope you do bump into her out there. And if I come across Mo, I’ll be sure to send word.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn enjoyed the sweet woman's words, and to hear the love when she spoke of her husband. He hoped that Samani would talk of him that way. So other's knew. He knew he did, when he spoke of the peachy queen of his heart.

Sure thing. I'd be glad to meet the other half of yours Miss. Meerkat.

He put the name to memory. Vixen but you call her Mercy. Alright. I'll keep an eye out for her. And thank you.

Rodyn wagged his tail and stood still and watchful. Enjoying the day. He could have offered to take the items further inland, but it seemed this cove was a bit of a secretive one, and he didn't want to cause offense.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat’s tail waved as she lifted her muzzle toward the pale November sky and asked @Njord to meet her here near the borders to greet their guest. She hadn’t seen him since daybreak, though she assumed he would be within earshot. Perhaps he was even patrolling somewhere close by.

We have two others, she offered conversationally while they waited for her husband to respond or appear. Kids, I mean. Our sons, Stingray and Swordfish. They still live here and I’m sure they’ll enjoy arguing over who gets to claim this, Meerkat said, tapping the driftwood again and snorting softly.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord patrolled Sapphique for bearsign, convinced the feast on their shores would soon attract lumbering scavengers who looked for one last meal before hibernation. Though the man moved with purpose, Meerkat’s call easily rerouted her mate.

Long-legged and swift, the seafarer moved across Sapphique’s forest and dales until he arrived at the border. Meerkat parlayed with a stranger. Njord deflty spied the casual posture his wife maintained. Curious, the Sveijarn-Corten’s ears swiveled forward as he fell into formation beside her.

“Greetin’s,” he said with a generous roll of his R’s. Their company appeared a braw young upstart. “Who do we ‘av here?” he asked kindly.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Ears perked forward and he put the children's names to his memory. Stingray and Swordfish, sea names how interesting.

A scarred male came upon them and Rodyn shifted, to turn his body towards that one, ears moving up and back, his tail at neutral angle, but a smile on his face.

Hello you must be Missus Meerkat's husband? I'm Rodyn Ardeth. Trader for Moonglow. I was bringing gifts for her, for her kindness a few moons ago. And she said you and me might get on with hunting.

Rodyn swung a tail in a soft arch, then back to it's position.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Although the sight of her mate stirred up all her misgivings, Meerkat didn’t show it. It wasn’t that difficult to set them aside when she was in his presence. Oh, she adored this man.

Hey, she said as Njord sidled up beside her, voice pitched low as she briefly nuzzled his ear and then faced Rodyn again. Yes, this is Mr Meerkat, she chuckled after he introduced himself, also known as Njord Sveijarn-Corten.

Her sideways glance was affectionate and warm. Meerkat said nothing else, letting her mate get a word in edgewise. She wondered if he would take Rodyn up on this proposition. She could join them, though hunting was much more his forte than her own.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The stranger appeared a decent fellow. A trader. Moonglow’s name was familiar to the seafarer who had bartered with Kukutux so many moons ago. She had given the man an auspicious pink stone, in exchange for a song, to help him attract love into his life.

Meerkat nuzzled Njord in welcome as if she knew she was on his mind.

When Rodyn mentioned gifts for her kindness Njord couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow and shoot his wife a cheeky expression. His lips pursed coyly, their corners fishhooked into a wee smirk.

Interesting how small social interactions helped sweep life’s tumult into the closet.

Mr. Meerkat has a bonnie ring tae it,” he mused aloud.

He chuckled lightheartedly. Back to introductions…

“S’pleasure, Rodyn. Huntin’, eh?” he echoed. Was Meerkat trying to set him up with a friend? He was tickled at the thought. “Tis a grand soft mornin’ fer catchin’ prey. What do ye wish tae find?” he asked them both. Surely Rodyn hadn’t come all this way to stalk rabbits, nay… if he had come to the coast, chances were he sought more exotic fare.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn found the male pleasing to converse with. He saw the love for the two in their faces and it made him smile. Perhaps he was a romantic at heart, but he couldn't help, but wish them all the happiness in the world.

There was a chuckle in his chest. That it does. He couldn't help but think of Samani then and a small secretive smile lit up his dark yellow eyes.

Rodyn's ears perked forward and a huge smile lit his face, and his tail moved to and fro. Honesty I'd love to hunt something from the sea. I've hunted many of our land dwellers from forests and mountains, but I know not what is near the coast. I've fished of course. What do you have in mind?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,908 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
If you two would like to hunt together, I’ll go stash these somewhere safe, Meerkat offered after the men’s exchange. I’ll call for @Stingray to help me. And maybe you guys could call for @Swordfish; I think he’d probably enjoy an invitation to hunt?

All of it was only a suggestion, of course. Meerkat paused, gaze shifting between Njord and Rodyn as she waited to see what they thought of her proposal.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
I can make a new thread :D

“Sounds like yer a keen hunter,” Njord observed. “Tha sea has a different way… we cannae track prey like we do on land. We must be open tae receive whatever she deigns tae give.” His nose tasted the air. “Large prey can be rare on tha shores in wintertime. But we may ‘av some luck yet…” perhaps they’d stumble upon a struggling young sealion… the cold seasons often separated the strong from the weak. “At tha very least, there’s lobster to be found among tha rocks.” It wouldn’t be a very thrilling hunt, but lobster sure was sweet!

Meerkat made a good suggestion. Any time spent with Swordfish was precious to the man who felt the need to heal his relationship with his son. “A bonnie idea,” the retail beamed.

He kissed Meerkat on the cheek and turned towards the craggy cliffs on the edge of Dragoncrest. “Follow me, Rodyn… and watch yer step!”

Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn offered a smile to Meerkat and a nod to the man of her heart. Gladly. Thank you Mrs. Meerkat. I'll see you again. It was good to see your face.

As always he offered the greeting, that Moonwoman so often offered to him, and then with a dip of his head and a shift. He was off after the male. Though he was careful to mind where he stepped and on what.