Dragoncrest Cliffs Let me in, for loud the linn
11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
This is a tad bit of a random pop-up, but I figured it would be better to get the two introduced before too long! I'm trying to not let her fall inactive again, but I've run out of ideas of where else to put here. 

For @Njord, when you can get to it!

From her place of meeting with Sanja, the mother of the circle, Nes traveled far. Weeks had gone by until finally she had come to be far too exhausted to continue on. 

Her tired legs needed rest, but everywhere she passed seemed to be claimed by some wolf or another. How could she be sure of who would come from where? There was also there worry of who would allow her in their territory and who would turn her away with keen aggression? But what else could she do rather than ask?

The scent of a border wafted near. It was strongly marked, so she knew someone belonged here. For a moment, there she sat and waited, trying her hardest to gauge an idea of maybe who was housed here? There wasn't much to be told by scents alone, but maybe she could render a thought or two by detecting how many individuals were combined in one place.

Eventually, she decided her thoughts would come to an end. Her purpose here would need to be addressed. Out of respect, she would not call, but rather simply sit and wait for someone to find her sitting at the border. 

Nes speaks with a very heavy Scottish accent. Most of her dialogue will not appear, or be spelled similarly to that of an English accent — so to see the proper meaning of the text, hover over the given words/phrases.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Since the whale washed up on their shores, Njord patrolled relentlessly for bearsign. It would not be long before he stumbled upon a stranger waiting patiently at their borders.

She was a young woman. Her pelage of mousy brown reminded him of Jorunn’s sandy fur, though her soft lavender gaze was unlike any he had seen.

His ears supped forward, curious. If this wolf were an emissary then he would have expected a howl. Yet she was perched quietly as an owl.

“Hello, lass,” Njord said as he approached. “Ye be standin’ at the borders of Sapphique. Are ye waitin’ fer someone?” he asked.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
After a time, someone approached. They seemed kindly, which allowed her fur to relax along her back. No violence would come from this interaction, as she figured. Hopefully it would stay this way.

Ah'ament waiting fur a'body, na. Juist keekin fur a steid tae rest mah een. She offered softly in reply, lavender hues lain curiously upon the man.

It was only a moment later when a realization hit. While she had never see him before, this man seemed familiar. But in what way, she couldn't decide.

Sorry if it's rude tae say, bit ye sur seem kenspeckle. Dae ah ken ye fae somewhere? Maybe she had gone completely crazed from the amounts of travel she'd done, but this would linger in her brain until she learned the truth of it.

Nes speaks with a very heavy Scottish accent. Most of her dialogue will not appear, or be spelled similarly to that of an English accent — so to see the proper meaning of the text, hover over the given words/phrases.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
As soon as the woman spoke, Njord knew he was in the presence of a kindred spirit. The brogue of her voice was like his, the lilt even thicker, and made the man wonder from which land she hailed.

It appeared she felt a similar way.

Njord’s red tail curled and wagged – a sign of inquisitivity.

“I cannae recall,” Njord said, his speech long and drawling as he filed through his rolladex memory. If they had met, it would have been a long time ago. “I was born on Meares Island, me family name is Sveijarn-Corten. Do ye ken it?” Perhaps these breadcrumbs would be enough to connect the dots.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
They sensed the similarity too. When the man's tail began to sway, Nes felt a warmth in her heart. Had she found the connection of blood she had journeyed here for?

Sveijarn-Corten. It was there, close on her tongue... but she couldn't quite grasp it.

Ah kin hae heard it afore... Mibbie ye cuid recognize mines better? Innesfree? Mah faither, keir, 'n' mither, Flora. Dae ye ken thaim? Maybe they would have better luck if he could search to the past of those he once knew. Given that Nessa is far younger, she wouldn't have as keen a memory.

Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
jsyk Innisfree is spelled with an ‘i’ :D

Innisfree. The name made Njord’s eyes widen in surprise. Never in a million years would he have expected to see a clanswoman range this far!

“Aye!”
he claimed with astonishment. “I ken it wheel! M’father, Valtyr, was once wed to a Sybil Innisfree. They ‘ad three children togeth’r.” When his father passed a painful ache took up residence in the seafarer’s heart. This chance encounter revealed a thread of opportunity… and Njord felt as if Valtyr walked with him from beyond the rift. “He oft told tales of tha Baeryl Forest an’ me half-siblings, Ratha, Shea, an’ Isla…” How he wished he knew more!

Perhaps this woman would be a link to the past.

“Was Sybil… related tae ye?” he asked. Keir and Flora were foreign names… but perhaps they were getting closer to connecting the dots.

11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Eee- I had a feeling somethin' about it was off! Thanks for letting me know!

He knew of her clan's name! Oh, how wonderful! No longer was she alone in this massive world.

Sybil wid be mah aunt, ah reckon. She'd heard the name a few times. Surely this was the proper connection.

Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
np! Also Sybil is female, so she’d be Nessa’s aunt :D

First Rhaegal and now Nessa! For so long he had felt like the moon regards the Earth: an outsider. Had the sea heard his lonely cries and responded?

His expression was elated! How often he wondered of his father’s time with the Innisfree clan. Perhaps, now, he would receive answers.

“But why ‘av ye traveled so far from home?” Njord wondered aloud. “Is there somethin’ amiss with clan Innisfree?”

11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Oh my goodness! Makin' all kinds of mistakes! My brains a bit boggled at the moment. Soorrryy xD

The world was so big, yet so small all at once. Nes would have thought before that it would take many moons.. maybe even longer, to find anyone of relation to her. But yet, here he was!

Hee haw tae aff wi' it, na. Maist o' th' clan sort o' scattered 'n' ah wis left tae masell. Ah mind someone wance mentioning fowk that hud wandered aff tae a freish steid, sae ah thought ah micht huv a go 'n' fin' some. 'n', 'ere yer! No one wanted to be alone! Especially not at her young age. There was so much to do in life, and so many new wolves to meet! What better way to spend that time than with family!

Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s broad smile was tempered by the sad story of the Innisfree clan. Perhaps his father’s last memory would be washed away as it fragmented. The man felt resolved to pass down tales so his family would not be forgotten.

“M’Sorry tae hear it,” he said. Yet this woman appeared optimistic despite it!

He realized they had dropped so many names, but he had yet to learn hers.

“M’names Njord. What do ye call yerself?”
he asked and, after a brief paused, followed up with, “Are ye seekin’ a new pack tae join?”

11 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Nes could sense the slow fade in his expression. The news was something so meaninglessly shared, but she'd come to terms with it. Perhaps it was senseless, now that she really thought on it.

'Twas bound tae happen, sooner than efter na doubt. Ah hae pat it behind me. Noo a' ah kin dae is search fur a better path.

Njord. How wonderful of a name! Och! Aye! A'm nessa. Some ca' me nes, though. Pick whichever ye lik' best! How foolish could she have been to not share such an important thing!

Then he asked of her future sights. If a'm tae bade 'ere, ah reckon ah wull need somewhere tae bide. Say, is Sapphique keekin fur freish members? Ah wid be mair than happy tae chip in wherever a'm wantit. 'N' it wull gimme a reason tae bade 'ere wi' ye! The idea of staying was thrilling. How could she turn back now after finally finding family again?

Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
@Chacal @Mireille @Sobo

“Nessa,” he repeated back. The name felt like an old memory.

How wonderful she wished to stay! If only Valtyr could be here, now.

“That’d be bonnie!”
Njord exclaimed. The seafarer tipped his head and howled for Sapphique’s leaders, keen to invite this Innisfree woman into their fold.

Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
the echo of accents on the ocean wind drew mireille more quickly to njord's call. she found her da with another wolf, a pretty woman with eyes the color of the flowers used to crown leadership.
but it was the arc in her voice which suggested to mireille that this too was family, and her tail waved. "hello, da. who's this?" the young obsidian's emerald gaze was warm with curiosity.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry everyone!

It was not long before the young obsidian arrived. “Mireille,” he smiled in a warm greeting. “This is Nessa of clan Innisfree,” he introduced. Njord turned to Nessa, “an’ this is my daughter, Mireille. She’s our Obsidian – leader of Sapphique.”

With names exchanged, the seaman turned back towards the russet yearling. “Your gran da, Valtyr, once ‘ad ties tae Nessa’s clan. He was wed tae her aunt, Sybil,” he explained. “I ‘av half-brothers an’ sisters by her.”

A light in Njord’s eyes indicated Nessa was of precious relation. A link to Valtyr’s life… though Njord had never spoken much about him to Erzulie’s children.

“She’s searchin’ for a new home and is interested in runnin’ with Sapphique.”

Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
841 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
njord explained, and mireille's eyes cleared with pleasure. "it be nice to meet you, nessa," the obsidian said in welcome. her dad's vouching for the woman made it an easy sell. but she wanted to be sure, and so looked toward the woman.
"it's me an' my sister chacal, she's the tanzanite. an' sobo, our brot'er, he's de jade. our mot'ers stepped down not so long ago." or had it been? her smile was warm. "what be your strengt's, nessa? surely seafarin, like my da?"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
In the end, Nessa chose to wander.

Her choice was respected without disdain, though Njord longed for any link to his father’s past.

The trio spoke of Innisfree for a short time. Njord explained to @Mireille his sire’s connection to the faraway land – a wife, Sybil, and their children Ratha, Shea, and Isla.

They parted ways and Njord turned towards the sea to swim in the cold surf.