Ankyra Sound The Warmth of the Sand
29 Posts
Ooc — Meridian
Away
All Welcome 
Sydney laid down on the sand. The warmth soothed her painful shoulder. It was just a few days ago when she was attacked by wolves of the Sapphique for trespassing into their territory. As soon as she entered, she had been swiftly stopped by a younger wolf, and then a larger wolf came and really taught her a lesson. If only they would have listened to what I had to say, it's not like I was planning an invasion or hunting in their land. I just want to find that...place. She slowly drifted into sleep.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Hopa ya doin't mind me joining this one too :)

Later on, Chacal would do a patrol of the borders before heading south, through the forest of sequoias toward the beach to lands which had belonged to her relatives long ago. Ankyra Sound had once been their claim, though this was well before Chacal came along. Quite some time had passed since any wolves had settled on the long, pale beaches, so it existed as a peaceful getaway for the wolves of Sapphique, especially in the summertime when the sands were warm and soft. 

She had been curious to see just how far the stranger had gone, as well. Naturally, she could live in whatever neutral territories she wanted- but when Chacal caught sight of the pale woman in Ankyra Sound, it felt a bit too close for comfort for someone she did not trust. 

However- she could be benevolent when she wanted to. Curiosity led her to approach, her posture demure and calm, though still she kept her tail level with her spine. It didn't matter which lands she was on- an indication she was not one to trifle with. She stopped when she was close enough to speak, but still some distance away, so that she would be out of reach should the woman choose to retaliate. 

"I see that you did not go very far-
what reason do you 'ave to be where you are?"

She was genuinely interested, and her tone was much more pleasant, now. Of course, perhaps the pale woman simply was daft, and it hadn't occurred to her that she should go much, much further away from the Cliffs than she had, but Chacal was willing to entertain her for a few moments, at least.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
29 Posts
Ooc — Meridian
Away
No problem! :)

A shoreline with waves gently lapping at the coast, cliff sides littered with hollows, waterfalls, and patches of trees. Those dreams were nothing new for Sydney. Visions of a place that was so near, yet so far, had been haunting her ever since she left her pack. 

She woke to a start...the same wolf the had ran her out of Sapphique territory a few days ago. When the she-wolf asked what s Sydney was doing...there was only on answer. I am looking for something...no, somewhere...the same reason I entered your territory. I don't think I am in your territory at the moment, though. She raised her tail with confidence, now on neutral ground, they were equals. But Sydney was not looking for a fight, but if this wolf attacked her, she would stand her ground.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
When not bearing a grimace of fear, the woman looked young. Old enough, Chacal thought, that she should have known better than to trespass, but her upbringing perhaps was lacking in some areas. She raised her tail a bit, which Chacal felt was a bit disrespectful, even though they were on neutral territory. Any other stranger taking that pose might not have rattled her, but this one had wronged Sapphique, and had lost the trust she usually gave to strangers. She gave a silent curl of her lip as warning, hoping she would show a bit more deference to the one she had previously offended. 

”No, you be on Ankyra Sound, now-
De beach, here, an’ de land around. 
It be claimed by no one, today
But do not push your luck after trespassing yesterday.”

Chacal was a mother, and knew how to speak in such a way that was stern without being harsh. 

”Sit back down, an’ avert your eyes when you speak,
an’ I might ‘elp you find de land it is you seek.”

From how it sounded, the wolf wanted to find a place she’d either heard of, or had come from. For whatever reason, she’d potentially trespassed into Sapphique thinking wherever it was she searched for was actually there, within their pack lands. 

There was little Chacal didn’t know about Dragoncrest Cliffs and its surrounding areas. She might be able to point the woman in the right direction, and coach her on how to speak respectfully to someone she’d offended.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
29 Posts
Ooc — Meridian
Away
Sydney sat back down, realising how rude she looked, after all, she trespassed into their territory recently. She averted her gaze. I am from a small family pack, far East from here, just consisting of my parents and siblings.  I left the pack when I was really young and ever since I left...I have been having vivid dreams of a place with a sandy shoreline, jagged cliffs, with patches of forest. I left my pack 6 months ago...and these dreams keep following me. When I entered you territory, I felt that this was the place. Looks like I am not the first to seek such a place...as your territory belongs to your pack.

Her tail drooped in shame. I have spent so long searching, I fell like I am going crazy myself. It was wrong of me to trespass and be rude. I am sorry.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
The woman’s honesty and modesty was appreciated, and Chacal herself sat down to listen actively. The young woman was a runaway, seeking a place that lived in her dreams. Of course, many places like what she described existed. The coastline stretched on for miles and miles- many parts of it would fit her description. And yet, she’d felt pulled to their cliffs.

”You might find it interesting to know,
Dat in dis feeling, you be not alone.
Dere be many tales from distant histories,
Of women who be drawn to de sea. 
Dese women live and die by de shore,
Worshipping de sea at de centre of deir lore.
It was quite a different lifestyle, or so I am told,
An’ deir habits an beliefs from those days of old…
Some are not so much appealing, anymore,
So we live a different way, along our shore.”
She explained. Her tale was greatly abbreviated- the history of the Nereides was not just for anyone, and certainly not for the faint of heart. 

She shifted. 
”If you do continue to search for dis place,
I have some advice to offer dat may ‘elp you keep grace.”
She said.
29 Posts
Ooc — Meridian
Away
Sydney tilted her head to listen. I am grateful I am not the only one. I don't think I am drawn to the sea itself. The place I dream of is a safe place to raise a family. The cliff sides offer protection from many enemies and the hollows in the trees make for good shelter for little paws. Sydney grew silent to listen to the advice.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
It seemed that the woman was in search of a place to raise her own brood of little ones, though Chacal still found it odd that she would try to find that home by trespassing. She sincerely hoped that the young woman learned a few more life lessons before she started procreating. Children were a very steep learning curve. 

"Your ambition seems to know no bounds,
but dere be many t'ings you must know. 
First, 'ow to respectfully visit a pack's grounds,
dis be something I can show."
She said. 

She felt the stranger had many gaps in her education- she'd see to what she could, and let the rest of the world deal with her. It was a kindness she felt she could show not because she needed to, but because it might someday prevent another brawl from breaking out. 

"Never cross a pack's border, unless you be a guest,
an if you be a stranger, den you better act your best. 
Be polite, an' stay back a bit, do not cross deir tracks,
an' when someone comes to see you, give dem your respect.

Lower your 'ead an your eyes to de roots,
do not speak too long.
Talk wid kindness an' wid truth,
do not string dem along.

Know your weaknesses an' your skills,
an' offer a gift per'aps,
but if dey be in no mood for you,
den you best be fleet of foot."
29 Posts
Ooc — Meridian
Away
[size=small]
Sorry for the late reply! I have been pretty busy over Thanksgiving and Black Friday Sales. :)
[/size]

[size=small]Sydney listened carefully while the wolf told her about having good manners. While Sydney could be a rather bold and defensive wolf, she understood that her manners were lacking. She pricked her ears to continue listening to what the wolf had to say.[/size]
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Hope you had a great weekend!

Chacal regarded the woman for a moment, and she seemed to have taken her advice to heart. She sat quietly, as though she wanted more advice. The seawoman smiled faintly, and stood up. Quennell had been taught a lesson in how to guard the borders against trespassers, and for that, Chacal was faintly grateful- though she wouldn't exactly call it a blessing. In return, she'd given the woman at least a bit of an education, which was quite a bit more than what other packs might've left her with. 

"Dat be all I tell you; de rest you learn on your own. 
May de winds be in your favour, an guide you where you roam."

She said, and she turned to leave.