Hideaway Strath we're in international waters
28 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Fury but AW :)

following the riverside from the sweep led here. a well guarded place, scents cluttered in bunches along the only opening to the location. a pack was the obvious answer for her discovery here.

packs meant plenty things — numbers, food, shelter. bodies for hunting and guarding. work to be done.

but she knew nothing about them. nothing about the kind of work they did, what they claimed to stand for. maybe they were nothing more than a family unit. so she had to learn. then she could decide whether it was time to carry on over the mountains, or to settle for at least the cold.

smudged face tipped back as she let out a call into the cold air.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Fullvalda heard the call from her northernmost border. 
After Sovereign's run-in with the dark-furred man, the Warqueen was feeling rather protective and somewhat more territorial than normal, but she would come to answer her guest with her usual air of power, royalty and authority. 

Fury stood before the stranger now, looking upon her with intense golden eyes.
The stranger's own eyes reminded her of her blood-sister, gone now...

"Welcome to the kingdom of Hildibrandr. I am Fury, the Fullvalda." She introduced, expecting the she-wolf before her to extend her own name and why she was here.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
28 Posts
Ooc —
the woman who greeted her sure was a sight.

large and grizzled. marred by man a thing. it nearly looked as if a mountain lion had made the woman a toy, batted her around with claws. she was also surprised by a foreign tongue. at least she assumed it to be foreign, for she had never heard such words in a more commonly used tongue.

i don't speak that language. she confessed first. wondering if that might be some sort of deal breaker.

skelle. i was hoping to learn about this place. see if we're a good fit for one another. flat honesty. better than dancing around it or buttering the woman up.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Arashi was on edge, and rightly so. The incident with the dark furred beast had set his fury aflame. Now, more than ever, he spent nearly every second of the day with an eye held close upon his mate and daughter. 

Part of him felt guilt for not being present when the stranger attacked in the first place; but there was nothing he could do now, other than ensure it did not happen a second time. And it wouldn't.

When a call from the border came, the jarl's fur stood high on end. Whether they had good intentions or bad, the idea of a stranger lurking near was unsettling.

Quickly, he finished digging the new cache for prey before shaking off what he could of the excess dirt and then heading towards the direction of the border.

As he came into sight, Fury's frame was quickly spotted. He had expected she would be here. More often than not, she was always the first to arrive.

Traipsing close, Arashi moved to stand directly by her flank, leaning against it slightly. While the stranger they faced did not seem a threat, his body language showed clear possessiveness and vigilance. If they moved too close, for any reason, he would not waste even a second to lunge forward and strike.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I don't speak that language the stranger confessed.
Fury would be silent until Skelle said her name and her intentions. 

The slight press to her flank; Fury felt the form of her husband, his presence. 
It reassured her, his consistency.
She would not look at him though, instead keeping her fiery-amber gaze upon Skelle.
The Warqueen would then say,

"Hildibrandr is the name of my kingdom here; Fullvalda is my home-tongue's word for 'supreme leader' or 'sovereign'." She explained.
With a pause for Skelle to process this information, she would go on to explain the workings of Hildibrandr

"We are combat-oriented first and foremost. Your ability to hunt and fight is most important to us besides your loyalty. There is also room for healers, scouts, and those who are more spiritual." 
Fury would stop then, allowing Skelle to process this information and to think.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc —
another showed up. this time a man of earthy tones. clearly sitting upon some throne that was the woman's rear. it was only natural, really. she assumed he might be a fullvalda as well. perhaps a mated pair leading. not unusual in any stretch.

although could one be a supreme leader if two sat at the helm?

i only believe in the physical. she confessed as her attention returned to (and remained on) the warrior woman. would that be a problem? am i expected to be...involved in the spiritual?
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Perhaps his wife was the only fullvalda, but that did not mean Arashi had no right, nor capability to answer, and or ask, a few simple questions.

No, He answered flatly, fur resting now against his back, but his frame did not yet ease away from Fury. You are not required to know, nor believe in any form of spirituality. It is only an option, should it intrigue you.

Since your interests and talents clearly do not lie in the spiritual sense of things, where do they? This was an important query for any. If she was to stay here, she would need to have some idea of a path she may pursue. None often lived here freely. Effort was required, just as much so as loyalty.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury was about to answer Skelle when her husband responded instead.
An appreciative, gentle smile curved Fury's face as she nodded in confirmation to his words for Skelle.

Her gaze and air held expectancy for Skelle's answer of her Jarl's inquiry.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc —
dark ears slicked back at the rumble of his voice. a clear answer confirmed by the beast of a woman.

hunting. guarding. the things a wolf ought to do. contribute to survival and a future for them all. i do like to travel to track herds, then become a stalwart defender when i return between tracking.

it was best to air it all out. so that they know she may not always be within territory, but she most certainly would always be easily called upon.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Heretic has said in PM that Arashi is skippable this round along with some light pp i believe!

Fury took in Skelle's words.
It sounded like an acceptable answer to her.
So with a glance to her husband, the Queen would say "This is acceptable. Should you still be interested, you will start out as Thrall. It is the rank given to every new member that joins us. With effort and time, you will see promotions come your way." 
The Queen would wait for Skelle's acceptance or decline before she moved further.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc —
thrall.

a title she had never worn before, but that is to be expected. in a place with a tongue she did not know. yet still she is given the temptation of promotions with time and effort.

very well. she nodded her head to the pair. prepared to either be accepted in full or left to her own devices.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled a little "It is done, then." She said, turning then to head back into the Strath.
"Come, you may take today to rest if you wish." The Warqueen would offer with a glance over her pale shoulder. 
Skelle was expected to follow regardless of the offer, to get familiar with the territory and her fellow clansmen, but Fury would not push it upon their newest.

All in due time.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc —
last from me i think :D tysm guys!

she did appreciate the rest day, truthfully.

even if it might feel odd to intentionally lounge around like a sunbathing lizard. it was more likely she'd dive into work the moment she felt adjusted.

regardless, she'd follow along and play the good thrall like she should.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Last from me! We can close with this post, unless Fury has to more to add?

Fury gave an offer; Skelle accepted. All was a joyous occasion... perhaps.

When they prepared to return, Arashi slid to the rear of the trio, traipsing close at the newcomer's hocks with a steady pace. She would be close under his watch for some time — ... starting no.

So- Hildibrandr had a new thrall. What an interesting journey this would be. It had been a while since new blood had walked the strath. Arashi was especially keen to see how this one would fare here; but more importantly, how long until she fully pledged herself or fled with her tail sunk between her legs.