Hideaway Strath we do have a protection plan
28 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she looked out for @Arashi.

she had decided, by herself, that it would be best to get familiar with a few patrols before she went off tracking. and the big fella seemed best to learn that from. or so she hoped.

whenever she spotted him —

can you show me the best patrol route?

he seemed the kind to cut to the chase — and she was too.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Skelle, their newest approached him dauntlessly; and she comes with a query — one he did not yet expect to hear.

It was a surprise to him, frankly. Most would take advantage of given time lounging, but this one did not. She was eager to be put to work.

The murky thrall stood before the jarl. With a lifted chin, the man acknowledged her presence with a small, heavy grumble. Then after, he would speak. You found me at a good time. I was about to leave for a patrol myself. Join me. Then I can show you what you seek. A hint of an invitation lurked Arashi's tone, but.. in fact, it wasn't that at all. If this newcomer was to earn the right to their status here, then she would learn the ways of Hildibrandr. By his means.

28 Posts
Ooc —
alright. case closed, they would cruise on as a patrolling pair.

so she said nothing more. only hunching some in a smaller way (as if she needed to before the giant) out of respect.

prepared to silently follow along, and watching him for movement with pale eyes.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She followed along without question. Good. He had no time, nor patience to argue over any simple thing.

Making an exception for her smaller stature, the jarl did not move too quickly, in fact taking shorter strides. There was no purpose to this venture if Skelle could not keep up with him.

Unlike most of the other packs within these wilds, we are a bit more confined to our own space. None border us, fewer to be considered even relatively close to strath. This comes as our advantage... but make no mistake — we should never be less vigilant.

Packs had a tendency to sprout left and right. Even if careful, there was always the chance that one were to appear out of thin air and bite them in the rear.

When patrolling, it is wisest to follow the tree-line closely. Once you have reached the stream, you will know you have reached the strath's end. Not with concern, but of curiosity, Arashi peered behind his shoulder. Was the girl truly listening, or were his words all for naught? 

28 Posts
Ooc —
sorry, still trying to feel her character out more!

she noted everything he said, everywhere he led her.

nobody around would make hunting and tracking far easier too. the river would be convenient if she ever wanted to try her paw at fishing or needed a quick wash of scents before heading out.

what lands beyond do we consider ours to use too? a genuine question as a brow pitched up some. she figured at least the woods that bordered their entrance. a good spot to hunt close to home.

but...did they have eyes elsewhere too?
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
No worries!
Will be using this to reference different areas in the strath. Wanted to share the link so that there's no confusion.

We don't, He answered, tone a bit sharp. Arashi wasn't a fan of the idea to use outer territories as if they belonged to them. None of them did. So the strath was where they stayed.

When we chose the strath, we did so for a reason. Even if there are unclaimed territories around us, they are still not for free use. I cannot speak for the fullvalda, but I personally will not tolerate land hopping. We have no idea who stands just outside our borders. Enemies, or those with an itch to be, are all around us. Fury has the intent to keep Hildibrandr as much of a secret as we can. So that is what we will do

The strath was what we claimed, so we will use the resources here. If they weren't going to use the land, why be here? 

If you want a decent place to hunt, the moonshadow clearing or windrunner fields is where you will find the most open space. The herds tend to migrate there in the warmer seasons. Then when it gets colder, they huddle within the deep hills or twilight hollow for shelter.

He looked to her now, curious to see if she would understand his reasoning of sticking to the strath.

land hopping: a very awkward way of saying hopping territories; especially those outside of the strath