Ouroboros Spine On Bended Knee
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
@Kukutux @Aiolos @Shikoba @Callyope @Sakhmet @Kigipigak @Kivaluk @Amalia @Inutsuk I know a couple of threads aren't finished yet, but they will be. So have a Dyn confession. It is not my best, and If you want me to save this for another time, pm me. :D <3

Rodyn was shaking in his fur, literally. His eyes were wet and he couldn't quite breathe right, but he was determined. So he had called all the pack members and then he had called for @Samani herself.

His thoughts raced and tumbled around and around. He was about to take a step towards a future he wanted, but was unsure what she wanted. But Moon Woman had told him to do so with pure heart, to speak his intentions for all to hear, so he steeled his spine.

Nearby lay all the bride price, he had wrestled and he gotten scarred getting what was wanted of him. He had proven himself, but he would continue to prove himself everyday, to be worthy of Samani.

He tightened his spine and stood tall and stalwar, and sought out the familiar presence of Samani and smiled at her, eyes shining.

Samani Nuiruk, I Rodyn Ardeth am here to declare my intentions. If you'll have me, i'd like to travel the world with you, raise children with you, live until my last breath with you.

A soft sigh came from him as he took a deep breath. Samani. I'm not perfect. There are times i may upset you, and I will do my very best to make sure to fix it. I came here looking for a home, a place to belong and you and all your people gave that to me. As I grew into myself, i quickly realized how amazing it would be if you would be there beside me. I'm not very good at confessions and speaking. I am one that does by doing. But I want you to know.

he swallowed. You are amazing. I love the way your eyes shine when you're talking of the tracks in the dirt of passing animals, how you wrinkle your nose slightly when your thinking. The way you wear your heart openly. The way your eyes match the sea, and the way every time i feel the wind I think of you, happily running. I recently went on a trader mission, to bring a bride price for you.

He smiled, tears slowly slipping down his face. It was not easy, but I got through it because of you. You were in everything I did. When I went to the forest and chased brother Otter, it was your laughter i could hear in the trees, the splashing was you when we went fishing. When I traveled to the sea, the ocean reminded me of your eyes, the sand curled around me warm and inviting just as you are. The music of everything, the melody that I carried in my heart was yours. When i traveled in the dark shadowy forests, it was thoughts of peach colored fur that got me through it. When I was scarred, all i was worried about was getting back to you. Every step I took, every breath that I breathed was for you, to make sure I was and am worthy of you. Every animal I took down I thanked Sedna and you, because it was your indomitable spirit that got me through it all.

And I hope that you understand how very much you mean to me. So Samani Nuiruk, would you do me the honor of standing beside me, and allowing me everyday to help you when I can. To be the support you need when you need it, to be a melody that twines and grows together?

Then he stood with warm yellow eyes, tears upon his fur, heart heaving in his chest, waiting on the answer. Gaze fixated on Samani and Samani Only. Everyone else an afterthought.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
he, along with the rest of the pack, is summoned by rodyn.

while this sparks a general sense of confusion within kivaluk; curiosity and courtesy win out and he makes his way to where rodyn's call had risen from. a quick assessment of the male gives kivaluk the suspicion that he is nervous ...and there is a quicken to his heartbeat as a thousand possibilities run wild thru his mind at what this meeting could be about.

turns out, as rodyn segues into his monologue that anything kivaluk had thought it could've been about had been dead wrong.

kivaluk watches as, with eyes only for a peachkissed woman, rodyn professes his love before the whole of the pack and kivaluk — though he doesn't necessarily find girls icky anymore — feels uncomfortable. even the internal assurance that this was probably a tradition of moonglow does not seem to help ease it. he feels like he's an intruder, or a bystander who happened to walk in at the wrong time and wanted so bad to leave but was afraid movement might draw attention to him. as to which he did not want.

awkwardness settles upon kivaluk's facial expression, despite that the love confession was sweet. touching. gentlemanly.

and though rodyn had nothing to be embarrassed about because delaney was 'awww, this is so sweet' the whole time she was reading the post, the next emotion to snag kivaluk within it's grasp is what could only be described as a second-hand embarrassment. kivaluk's ears flutter back to rest at half mast atop his skull, sneaking glimpses in desperation at his packmates in the hopes he might garner some ( correct ) social cues from them.

adopt my children
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she was not ready for this day.

and yet it had come.

rodyn had many words. she felt the water-rushing of them. he had spent long moons in work for samani. 

the pack stood close. the hunter stood before their ulaq and poured himself out to her sea-girl.

her eyes grew wet with salt. she looked to her husband and then to her daughter when the man had finished speaking.

moonwoman came to samani's side. "it is the way of moonglow that a woman asked to be wife can say no." her words were a reminder not only for rodyn but for those gathered who had not yet seen their ways.

and his gifts arranged close proclaimed his wealth, even if samani did not accept.

there was no rush to speak. she was silent, adding her strength beside her child.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
When Samani woke that day, she did not expect she would be met with Rodyn Ardeth’s words of love. More than just to her, he had called upon Moonglow to see him declare his feelings. If she were not such a private thing, she might have danced to him.

Instead, when Rodyn called to her and she arrived, Samani listened with pointed ears and gentle eyes. His face was handsome, nervous, soft. The things that he said were important to him. The girl could feel her heart flutter like a butterfly, beating on hurried wings in a desperate attempt to escape. The peachy girl could not believe that he had so much to say, so much to profess. She almost felt ashamed. If she had been asked to do this, she did not know if she could have given so much with her voice.

Samani was only just beyond her first year. She did not know many things of the world. The young girl had chased the chance to learn anything new, anything she did not know. It helped to ground her, in the moment when Rodyn asked her to be his mate. Nervousness erupted inside of her.

There had been many daydreams about this moment. Samani had only imagined it might come later, closer to the end of spring. She had hoped that she might get to know him, grow closer, that he might understand the inner workings of her heart with more clarity. In her make-believe scenarios, she always said yes to him. It didn’t seem right not to give the same response, now.

Samani gazed at Rodyn before turning her eyes to her mother. Kukutux spoke one thing – that she was welcome to refuse his offer. The girl could not see how. Only a fool could look at the humble hunter man who stood before them, soul bared to the world, and say that it was not enough. Though she was young, she understood that there were not many truly good things. Most good came with a balancing amount of bad. Rodyn was not like that – he was good down to makings of his bones.

You know I did not need this, she said softly to the man. Her slender snout gestured to those who had gathered to listen to him speak. Samani would have been content with something private, something small. To me, it is a very brave thing… standing here and speaking so much from your heart. She could not fathom how vulnerable he must have felt.

Rodyn, I will accept. But I ask that we are allowed to move slowly, from this point. You have been away so long on your hunts. I want to take my time to get to know the man who will be my mate.

The girl tilted her head. She wanted to look to her mother, to see if her eyes held approval or concern. Samani fought the urge and held onto Rodyn’s features.

Do you accept?
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had wanted to wait. But he knew the longer he waited, the less nerve he would have had. So it was with absolute sureness that he had jumped in with both feet. He was what he was. There was no changing it.

Rodyn was older than Samani, almost 3. And he felt a momentary flare of panic, when he realized it may have been too much for her, but he had to do what was asked. In order to even consider he had to speak it. It was what was professed and what was given. A condition.

Rodyn would have not been dead were she to say no. He knew this, it would ache and it would hurt and he would cry, but he would have as he had stated many times before he would let her go. This was her choice, and if he was not enough or if she wanted something different it was not his job to stand in her way. It was his to step aside.

Rodyn's maw twitched into a small shy smile. I know you prefer simple things, but it is a tradition I couldn't ignore.

There had been vulnerability there, and it was still there, and his ears laid to his skull as she continued.

He nodded his head and then spoke softly. That is fine with me and if even we move things slow and you find I am not what you want. I'll stand aside. I will not make you feel upset for that.

He gave a soft noise in his throat and nodded. I accept.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos followed the path of his daughter and wife, one which brought them before Rodyn. He had sung out for all the pack to come and spoke now for all the pack to hear. 

Aiolos eyes cast to the young Kivaluk, a silent acknowledgment of his presence. His coat brushed with color of bright red. As Aiolos, as Rodyn, as Stratos, their coats colored with brightness of the Sun. Aiolos takes in a deep breath and lands his eyes upon the man who had called them here.  

Tears slid to the cheeks of Rodyn, eyes wet in turn by mother and daughter. Aiolos remains silent, firm, listening. 

His eldest daughter was to be wed. At least, one day. Their engagement would take some time and for this Aiolos felt the tension in his shoulders ease. It too gave the parent time to slowly acknowledge Rodyn as his future son-in-law.

It also brought him to wonder of Kausiut. If she had found someone of interest. If she may return to her parents with a family of her own in tow. Then his thoughts turned to he and Kukutux latest litter. Who would be next? Callyope, Ariadne or would Stratos seek to further their bloodline by finding a mate to call his own? Aiolos was reluctant to wed his daughters (a usual father's protectiveness) but was happy in knowing years of his family would long go on after he had passed.
moonglow daddy
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
last for me! <3

she listened to samani speak.

she listened to her daughter accept this man.

her heart was filled with joy.

if samani looked to her now she would only find love and encouraging light.

"let us sing! sing for samani and for the hunter rodyn."

she lifted her voice softly, sweetly.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]