Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson headed towards the steppes. That was where he was to be and that was where he was going. The dry air fell upon him, despite that winter was here, it was dry and arid here. Barely any plant life and definitely no trees. That was something that sickened him the most.

He stepped into the ground and began a slow patrol around the steppes. He would catch prey as he saw it, but mostly he was just enjoying the solitude. Away from the hustle and bustle of the pack lands. There were no servants here, no mazoi running to and fro. No Pharoh, no queen. Simply silence and skill.

Large paws moved through the dirt as body made for death and destruction keeled to the shadows at will. Eyes on the horizon, forever watching and waiting.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
328 Posts
Ooc —
a man of mereo who she recognized from the wedding.

here for his tour and duty, no doubt. which meant she must welcome him!

and when she found him, it was with the pose of a soldier. watching, waiting for something she could not fathom. there was a handsomeness in such rugged things. she could not deny it! so instead she opted to finally announce herself.

it is good to have such a man among akashingo!

she allowed him to take it as he would.

you were at my wedding, but i do not believe i had the pleasure of knowing you better.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had seen many faces from the days of the wedding and the feasts. Had met even a few. Though he could put faces with names, especially of those who were of higher status, because they had been above them all as they wed.

Voice spoke. High. Proud. Queenly. Ice Blues snapped to her face, then down and he quickly moved into a position of deference. Though just as it was with the Pharoh, he was too large to completely go down.

Hello. Reyson Ebonywood. Triarius. At your service.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
328 Posts
Ooc —
at her service!

no, it could not be, could it? her heart a heavy hammer. such was a life of power.

i am the Great Royal Wife. she said, as if such was not knowledge! as she had said, this man had been witness to her union. but for this moment consider me a student. and she wondered if he would like such an idea. someone so grand and divine learning from him!

what does your title mean? triarius?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Germanicus had told him to serve the Queen, not the Pharoh. Though he wouldn't say that aloud. He was to meet with her upon their first arrival.

There was not anything he meant by that. He was using the proper words, and ways of things for royalty. The only female he served, was his own.

He bowed his head in deference to her title. Though her next words made him wary. What could he possibly teach her? That she didn't already know. This was going to get messy if he wasn't careful.

He tilted his head, half of his maw lifting up in a smile. I am the third defense. I am an elite veteran. One of the top soldiers, what you wish to call me. I'm a third cohort, after this I am only below Imperator in rank.
328 Posts
Ooc —
a man of rank.

some part of her wished for a lowly roman dog. one who might be more easily charmed by a queen of the red road. yet this would prove fruitful too, that she could not deny.

and then what shall your title be? or will you still be triarius on return?

she made a mental map of these ranks, as advisor and student.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Danni doesn't know the ranks lmao..i'm not sure if it's Legatus or centurion or Pilus. I believe it is Pilus.

Reyson had fought his way to the top. In his first pack and now in this one. He had shown his colors by being loyal, steadfast and true. By not wavering from his position or his duty. Though he was learning he could waver a bit, and still stay on course.

The way these wolves were in this area. It made him worry for when Tierra would come. They would eat her alive. She would be taken with their ways and their rewards. And if she were not careful it could ruin her.

He bowed his head. I am not certain. I believe it is Pilus, but I could be very wrong. It depends on what I excel at which in most cases for me is warrior.
328 Posts
Ooc —
all good!! :D

the man was not certain of his own promotion? perhaps germanicus kept him on edge, perhaps it depend truly on how this tour went.

i see! well, perhaps a celebration shall be held to congratulate such a rising?

voice part humor. words half test.

she wished to know his response!
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The simple fact was Reyson was not aware of latin. He didn't know the words or the ranks. he simply knew what was important and what wasn't. And he was considered important, by sheer hard work and perhaps a small dose of stubborness.

Reyson smiled and shook his head. I would not ask a celebration to be thrown for me. Especially since I won't know if I have passed onto higher rank until after my tour of duty is over and I return to Mereo. But Thank you.

It made no sense to him to have a party, when he wasn't certain he would get the promotion. He was pretty confident, but overconfidence made enemies of yourself.
328 Posts
Ooc —
you are a humble man.

it was a compliment, whether he would take it or not.

perhaps you may send word of your promotion, if it is granted. she did not wish for him to evade her favor over and over.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A small smile offered in return for her praise. Only for a moment would he allow. His real true smiles were only allowed for one.

Thank you.

He dipped his head. I will send word either way if you'd like. But tell me Queen of Akashingo. What else is it that you wish to learn? What has brought you here today? If I may ask?

He turned back towards the steppes, eyes taking in everything around. Watching for any threats. What would it look like were something to happen on his watch. So he would need to stay vigilant.
328 Posts
Ooc —
the curious kind.

why, you have. she smiled and it was sincere despite whatever one may think of royals.

is it not my job and right to come see those who walk our halls? especially those i am not familiar with? a brow arched. she welcomed whatever answer he may give her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson tried not to be curious, and honestly she didn't need to answer him. He'd have not lost any sleep over it. But it felt like he should try and speak, make conversation.

I think that probably depends on what your other duties and you are, Queen Treva. But yes it makes sense. Though I assure you I don't need a greeting as the many who I'm sure have came to the palace.

he was fine working through the next month in obscurity. He didn't wish to be known by many.
328 Posts
Ooc —
my duties are endless, triarius. but her voice was warm honey. sweet and supple.

and nonsense. you should be given the proper welcoming of any guest of akashingo. especially with such an extended stay! this was not a visitor for a night or two. the man would see a moon in his stay. have you been given a proper room with preparations?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson knew better than to comment on such things now. Her duties probably were endless and she would always need to look over her shoulder. It was why he was here, to protect those of higher power whose duties were insurmountable and heavy.

He nodded. I prefer to sleep outside, but thank you.

He didn't like closed in spaces.
328 Posts
Ooc —
a soft tsk behind her teeth, but her look remained warm. hardly scolding as the sound might have suggested.

things can be brought out for comfort. if you wish to sleep beneath our stars. and she did not wish to hear a rejection once more, so she carried on with confidence. tell me where and a fellahin will gather things for you. a month is far too long to be without.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A prickle of unease skirted along his nape, and deep into his ruff. He didn't trust this she wolf, didn't trust any of them. What was he thinking? Could he do this? Could he stay somewhere that he was on edge and unhappy and stressed out. A month he could do a month, just mind his p's and q's that was all. Outwardly he always looked fine, so no one unless they knew him would know.

Anywhere there are trees. And thank you.

He hadn't seen any trees, but he could probably find some, somewhere, or at least he hoped.
328 Posts
Ooc —
maybe a fade and an updated one before he leaves? :D

i will find you a shaded spot, soldier. then decorate it for your comfort. consider it done!

and she nodded with a grand pleasure for herself. having convinced him to accept her kindness!

she had decided that this man was most certainly not a gift from @Germanicus though. he hardly knew how to play as well as the roman.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
[ooc] Gladly. Haha i giggled at reyson's face if he had known she was hoping he was a gift...bahaha. [ooc]

He nodded. thank you Queen. You surely are kind.

The words felt heavy on his tongue, but they fell off as gilded as he could be. He knew to play the game, though it had been some time and he no longer had the temperament for it, truly.