Lion Head Mesa badger
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
All Welcome 
out in the open air, she called upon @Reyson. sending word through the sanpin that, if he was not busy, his company had been requested.

she felt it important to check in with the man of mereo.

exchange words, perhaps exchange a lesson too.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was in the midst of a patrol when he was summoned. It rankled a bit that he was at the beck and call of the royals, but he didn't fuss about it. He instead, moved forward and towards the call.

Averting his eyes and bowing his head when he arrived. Princess Makono. You called?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
it is crown prince — or sōzokujin, triarius.

her voice was neither demand nor correction. it was a sharing of information.

i am the heir to pharaoh. she supposed it had mattered little when she had been sparing in mereo day in and day out, but here it mattered more than ever. especially as she continued to grow.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Ear went to head, quickly. And he gave a swift nod. Though there was a small burn of irritation in his head. How was he to know this, if no one had told him. He immediately thought of Imperator and he was a bit agitated. Though, it was a lesson he knew this. He had to prove he could do this. So he pushed the feelings aside.

I apologize.

He tilted his head and kept his eyes away. You called Crown Prince.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
i would like to continue lessons with you, among my other trainers here. for reyson was a man of mereo. one she knew, one who would rise to leadership if germanicus' words held true.

so far the eagle had not lied to her.

i wish to be a proper warrior and tactician. as such i would be foolish not to use every available resource.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson remembered her having said something about this before, though he had thought it would be for her guard Khaba, not her. Though he saw no reason not to teach her to spar, and learn the terrain among other things. He couldn't necessarily drop her in the woods somewhere and tell her to find her way back, like they had done to him. But he could do what he knew and how.

Very well. Then you will want spars and lessons on different terrains, weather conditions and the like yes?

Reyson was already thinking through some of it. Night time he could teach her to watch for the whites of their eyes, and their teeth, claws if they had white ones. Winter you needed to keep your head down and watch the feet, because normally the wind was above your head. When it was hot and arid, trust your other senses not your eyes. So much he could teach her. And yet so much he wasn't sure if he should.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
yes, of course. she agreed with a warmness.

would you be open to the other soldiers here attending? watching? perhaps the lessons should be in the evening when the mesa settles.

ideas. she waited for his opinion on such matters.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson dipped his head in acknowledgment of what she said. Blue eyes turning around the area. Then back to her and averted quickly.

I am fine with this. I have taught others before.

He thought briefly of those he had trained in his years before Mereo, he thought of those he had trained in Mereo. He thought of himself. Yes he felt that he could do just by her.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
what do you like to teach, triarius? the imperator gave me the knowledge of a tactician. what might you give?

warm and inviting, despite the formality to her words.

such was the way.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A soft mm in his throat as he thought of how to answer her. What would be a good thing to teach her. She had speed, she had learned to spar. Perhaps he could teach her how to use the weather to her advantage.

I can teach you to use the weather to your advantage and what to look for at different times of day so that your attacks are true.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
have you had the experience of a place like akashingo? it is not exactly the same as the canyon, the weather is different among our sands.

she did not say this to challenge or test.

she asked with genuine curiosity, wondering if she might gleam something of the man from this alone.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson smiled at her and nodded. I have been a soldier for many years and before Mereo I was in another. I was a commander. Trained and tried all the new recruits. I have traveled up mountains in snow, i have been in trenches during storms and in deserts with no food or water. Cactus have water if you ever need to find a drink. Though their quite hard on the paws.

Reyson had been a combat wolf for years. He could kill a man more ways than even the princess probably knew, but that was not something you bragged about in polite company, nor would he brag about such a thing anyway.

he had also fought in many different places, in many different weathered areas.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
how does it compare to mereo? your time as a commander elsewhere.

for a moment, she did seem childish in her gaze. asking after a story, a tale. anything that might give her a glimpse into another life.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson thought about it. Then spoke. It was a harsher existence. As a soldier of Mereo, we know how to fight, we can fight. We will fight if we must. However, in my former pack. It was we will, we can, we know. It was we do, we must, and we often did. Blood of many stain my paws.

He didn't mind sharing some of his past. There were things in it, he'd rather forget. And though he was careful, not to give much away. He did keep some things locked away, from this she wolf. This prince.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
maaaybe a fade? and we can kind assume some training happened BTS if you'd like :)

she did not know which she might have preferred for herself.

only that both seemed rather bleak compared to the gold divinity of her life now. ripe with its own turmoil, but steeped in culture beyond that of soldiers.

thank you for sharing.

and she meant it. knowing that not all were so willing to humor her endless questions.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Sure. Thanks for the thread. <3 and depending on what happens to meadow they should have another thread after. But he may not be nice then

You're welcome.

he tilted a head forward and then dipped his muzzle. If you'll excuse me Princeps. I have things i must attend too. I hope you have a good day and we will meet again for training.