Lion Head Mesa we are the wasted youth
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
The first time she came here, Tierra had been way too excited by the prospect of a party to really scout the place out. Since they were already out and about, and totally confirmed that Nanuq was fine and healthy and not, like, missing or anything... Tierra decided to make a little side trip on her way home. @Minne was totally cool to come along if she wanted, but Tierra wasn't going to be offended either way. She originally thought having someone tag along was going to a drag, but it turned out the other girl was totes awesome company.

I wonder where Reyson is? Is he, like, guarding the palace? Or did they put him on, like... idk. Back door duty. He probably woulda liked that better even. I bet he hasn't even talked to anyone.. Tierra let out an emphatic sigh just thinking about it. What a waste!

Well, she wasn't hurting anything by just kinda doing a little circle by the border, right? Helping them keep an eye on things, learning her way around, all that cool shit. And if she happened to catch a glimpse of a certain god-star-guy, well... maybe she'd get lucky. Maybe he'll get lucky too. Just maybe though.
83 Posts
Ooc —
she figured it wouldn't hurt either. a little scouting detour, maybe find out if siku was nearby. even if baby fetching duty sort of...fell out of her brain the closer they got to the palace.

the place looked fucking wild.

tierra seemed comfortable though, doing a clear round the border. the smells here were wild as well. herbal, sweet, refined. yet the place seemed almost move devoid (landscape wise) than the canyon. what the hell was going on here?

you looking for something that isn't a wayward baby?

her voice teetered on humor.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra looked at Minne, then looked around, obviously checking if anyone was in earshot. When the coast was clear she grinned. Okay, so like, don't tell anyone. Alright? But there's this Pharaoh guy here. He's kind of a jerk, but he's suuuuper hot, and he was totally into me last time I was here.

Plus, they throw like, the best parties here. It's nothing like Mereo, and I think they're kinda into visitors. So if we show up as two hot, mysterious soldiers, I'm betting we could both have some fun here too! Tierra paused for a minute, then added, I mean, while we check for what's his name. Siku or whatever. That was the one not in Epoch, yeah?
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
While Khaba would have preferred to not stray far from the sōzokujin, being jodai meant he had other responsibilities as well in the palace.
Since their return, the dark man was lesser on edge. The mesa gave comfort; that which the redsand canyon was not able to give. But even happy to be home, he did not shirk his duties one bit.
It did not prove difficult notice the two wolves that had neared all too closely to the border. They weren't exactly stealthy with their travels. One of them, he remembered. It was the woman who had fought Makono during her training. But the other did not strike his memory. Nonetheless, he knew one thing was certain: they did not belong here. Perhaps they had not yet crossed into the mesa, but if he hadn't appeared, they might just have.
Why are you here? You are quite close to the veil of the mesa. The jodai wasted no time, approaching with a hollow, hoarse tone and heavy, disapproving stare.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

83 Posts
Ooc —
oh. my. god.

minne could have never anticipated what tierra spilled. nor the idea of being two super hot mysterious soldiers. how well would that even work on this place?

regardless she definitely wanted to see how it would pan out. worst case scenario she played wingman and rested while tierra did...whatever with pharaoh hot jerk.

only some dude showed up and she had a feeling he was not the guy tierra had just been talking about. either way she felt content to let her friend handle this one. especially if she had been here before. minne would just do her best to pretend she was a hot mysterious soldier.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
This dude was so not who she was looking for. Tierra recognized him as the weird, quiet guy who constantly lurked behind the princess, but Makono wasn’t here right now. Plus he was talking, which was totally new.

Well, he was passably cute. And if he was into the princess, or close to her, probably worth some attention? Not because it was politically expedient, of course. Tierra was wayyy more interested in the social cred implications.

We weren’t looking to intrude or anything. We just knew Reyson was here and thought we’d see if he was on patrol. And while we were at it, figured we could keep an eye out from this side. I guess we ran into you first, though. So you must have this part covered. She let a touch of admiration enter her tone, but just a touch. She didn’t want to overdo it, but he felt like the soldier type, so complimenting his work had to be a total turn on.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
They both knew Reyson. Perhaps this meant both were soldiers alongside him.

But the jodai was not a fan of their given excuse for being here. They searched for the man on duty here. But he should not have been distracted.

Reyson is here to serve Akashingo. If you wish to see him, you can wait until he returns from his service here and is back on Mereoen soil. He was not here to be entertained by his packmates.

I do not want to find you here searching for him again. His tone hardened, stance firm. Do I make myself clear?
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

83 Posts
Ooc —
uhHHhhhh.

yikes, was all that minne could think. dude had a serious stick up his — deep breath! she tried her best to stabilize her mind so that she didn't just spew venom at him.

maybe tierra would be mad at minne throwing her deck on the table, but here went nothing.

well, actually, i'm requesting to see the pharaoh that had been the fancy title, right? so if you could tell him, yeah? happy to wait.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Wow. Seriously!? This dude was in Mereo, like, all the time and they weren’t even allowed nearby? What a joke.

Minne was going daring, which Tierra totally jived with. But if he was going to be a complete asshole she wasn’t going to worry about calling him out on it. They were allies, right?

Yeah. Tell him that. Or, if you really think it’s best, I’ll tell the Imperator we aren’t doing visits anymore. So next time you and the Prince pop by, we can send you packing. Seems kind of harsh, but if it’s what you want, I can’t argue.

She stayed casual. There was no use starting a fight, and he could keep all of the posturing and stuff. But she was totally not above being petty, even if she was 50/50 on if she could actually convince Germ to back her up on this. He had to. This was totally whack.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Last reply from me! I'll be tagging you both in a new thread here shortly!

One requested an audience with the pharaoh—the other self proclaimed the decision that Akashingo was not welcome in Mereo.

The calmer of the two, he first ignored, choosing to focus his attention on the righteous and arrogant one. That is no decision you get to make. And when it comes to visitations, you have no right to say that our royal family compares to your galivanting to do whatever it is you do with your packmates. They were nowhere near the same! And if this girl thought they were, an obvious issue was present.

Back to the soldier's presumptions. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, it isn't a decision Germanicus can afford to make either. Mereo exists because of Akashingo. You all would be wise to remember that.

Now, the jodai turned his head to the one inquiring upon the pharaoh. I will take you both to see him. To Tierra, he then said. He will be hearing of your words and troublesome behavior. And I can tell you for certain now, he will not be pleased.

With a sharp jerk of his muzzle, he urged that both should follow. And it was not a suggestion—but only an order; one they would not disobey.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
gonna wrap this! And be vague <3 since it stretched oop

Hell yes! Success!

Tierra didn’t even honestly care about actually seeing the Pharaoh - all she cared was that she’d managed to get what she wanted out of this other wolf. She figured it was a pretty good mark on her diplomat record that she got him to change his mind and give them an audience! Even if he was rude at first.

Whether or not Ramses had time for them, she’d go home happy, enthusiastically crowing to Minne on the way about how rad it was that they pulled it off.