Redsand Canyon I'm not the one who's so far away
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Forgot to tag! @Germanicus
The red canyon was stark against the grey-and-white mountains, like an old bloodstain from a battle lost long ago. Tybault stood just beyond the outskirts of the claimed land, watching. Only a few moments had passed since he'd halted here to survey the land, but it felt like an eternity. He hated this. Another day, another pack full of strangers. When would it end?
Winifred would have laughed at his complaints. She had always been his opposite, always disagreeing with him. She was flighty and unpredictable, and devastatingly confident to make up for what she lacked. She didn't see the value of family or loyalty. Even on that last day, when it had mattered more than ever. She had told him not to search. Then she laughed in his face when he said he was going anyway. She had known he would hate every minute of it — and so had he. The difference was, Tybault knew why he had to do it anyway.
He steeled himself and howled for an audience. The sooner he got answers, the sooner he could move on. He didn't let himself dare to hope that these pack wolves would bring him anything but more disappointment. So far, every encounter had ended the same way. No one had seen her. No one had heard of her. Maybe she was dead.
But he couldn't give up until he knew for sure.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
his talk with fennec echoed in his head.

germanicus attended the call. it was a golden canine-seeming creature. their ill-fated discourse with diesel had not left him without prejudice.

still he approached with stalwart step. "hail." his yellow eyes bored. "this is mereo. i am germanicus, its imperator."

why have you called?
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm sorry he's such a jerk, I think Mereo is cool!
The wolf who answered Tybault's call carried himself like a leader, but everything else about him said fighter. His envy was easy enough to stifle when the man introduced himself. Just like the last pack leader Tybault had met with, he led with several meaningless, fancy titles. As if some random visitor was supposed to know what that meant, or if it was important. Germanicus made it easy enough to guess, but how was Tybault supposed to know that the snivelling fool who introduced himself as the High Warlock of Nerdsville was actually the leader, or that the regal Bldhtymjdh of Zxmbdhy was a mere servant?
Fucking weirdos. Tybault kept his face neutral and his tone polite. He had to remind himself to dip his head, lower his posture. This was a pack wolf. Well met, Germanicus. I'm Tybault Medeiros, and I'm looking for my sister. She has golden fur and eyes, and she may be in poor condition. Have you seen her? His heart beat a little faster as he finished, to his embarrassment. He knew the answer would be no, but he still felt it every time — that spark of hope mixed with fear. That looming anticipation of this time being it. But it never was.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he's great! <3

the stranger sought information. "there has been no one here by the name of medeiros."

and had there been, he might have guarded the information. there was the consideration that this man was not who he said he was.

but the eagle was weary. 

and so he was silent.
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Aww, thank you!
Tybault was quick to let himself be disappointed with the news, but something about the way it was delivered didn't sit right with him. No one by the name of Medeiros. It was an odd thing to say, but it made a lot more sense for someone who knew that his sister didn't use her given name anymore...
She might be using an alias, He said slowly, a mounting suspicion evident in his gaze. If this man was hiding Ophelia from him... When I saw her last, she hadn't answered to her name in months. She's... unwell. I don't know if she can care for herself. If you have any information at all, I would be grateful. His tone was clipped with those last words, despite his efforts at self-control.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the man's eyes were shifting.

the eagle remained unmoved.

"how do i know you are who you claim? you have come seeking information on a runaway." and why had she fled her self-named brother?

the stranger would receive nothing more from germanicus. he was feeling uncharitable.
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Thank you for the thread!
A runaway. Maybe Germanicus wasn't hiding Ophelia from him after all. She wasn't a runaway, not from Tybault. Their parents, sure, but him? Their siblings? He'd never believe it.
Besides, it was laughable to think anyone could look at any of the Medeiros siblings and question their relation to one another. Time to get out of here, before this guy's apparent paranoia spotlighted him more than it already had. Tybault wasn't here to make enemies. He definitely wasn't trying to befriend any of these lunatics either, though.
Right. My sister clearly isn't here, so I won't waste more of your time, He dipped his head once again and flashed a polite smile, but his eyes were cold. Thank you for your help, Germanicus.
If the Imperator of Mereo had no argument, he would make his exit.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
and to u! <3

germanicus watched the man go.

he gave a brief description and the offered name to his sentries.

he himself stayed upon the borders for another hour, slowly touring in watchfulness.