Stone Circle That of Which we know
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Private 
Gunnar's grizzled form chiseled through the pack lands. Sandy gloved paws, tearing up the ground, the mask that hid the slate gray of his eyes. There was strange things happening, and it made him nervous. Sanja was becoming more reclusive, the children were growing well. But there was something else, something coming. he had learned long ago never not to trust his gut feelings.

Though for now there was another problem that needed spoken of. The youngling Skald and his ailment. Gunnar had racked his brains for days, trying to remember everything he could about the disease that caused you to seize and froth at the mouth, but he couldn't remember it or how to treat it.

If his mother was here, she would. He lifted his head and called out to @Bjarna, perhaps she could describe it a little better and they could come up with a treatment plan. If she could help him to pick his brain.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
busy!

bjarna hardly ever rested, she carried wolves home and doted on those who already lived here. it had seemed like almost overnight she had become a woman, an adult.

but she was called upon and she answered swiftly.

seeing who it was, she moved in to nuzzle at father bear's chest, instead of speaking first.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar watched as Bjarna ran around thr pack lands. Always busy, always selfless. His heart hurt a little at it. She reminded him a bit of his mother. So sefless. He wished she'd take care more of herself.

Gunnar didn't move, rather he settled his head around her shoulders and gave a soft hum if contentment.

hello bjarna
372 Posts
Ooc —
her limping tail waved. briefly a banner of her excitement to see him, to know he was well.

i have missed you. it never did matter how long or little it had been since they had seen one another. time away from family was always time too long.

but you called! what is it?

a smile remained on her features as she pulled herself free of his fur.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A smile remained on his face, as he shifted. I missed you to, as I always do.

He loved this girl as if she were his own. There were no words. He could feel it now, the way is father had loved him, even if he wasn't his own. He had loved him just as he loved Bjarna.

I wanted to talk with you about Skald. When we met up the other day I didn't wish to scare him.
372 Posts
Ooc —
she understood now why gunnar had not been as alarmed as her that day.

he had the knowledge and the kindness to know better than to make a big ordeal before her brother. although something about that in and of itself scared her! why hide it? how grim had it become?

okay. her head nodded softly, hesitant and nervous.

do you...know? what it is.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar had been extremely alarmed, but more so inside than outside. He was still alarmed and the simple fact was he didn't know if he could help, or even if his knowledge would help in this situation. Diseases of the brain were so, difficult.

Gunnar grimaced. It could be many things. And it could be mild or severe depending on what it is. Sometimes children who are born early, or who are born traumatically like Sanja's brood, they have a.

He couldn't think of the right wording. Something doesn't attach right in side their head and they have something called seizures. Now sometimes herbs can stave it off, sometimes not. And you mustn't ever hold them down, just make sure they don't bite their tongue or hit their head to hard. But not knowing how severe his is I am not even sure what we could try herbwise. I will have to try and remember. Perhaps we should make a trip to Sapphique and speak to Erzulie.
372 Posts
Ooc —
it was too much to take in at once, a soft sting at her eyes.

a caretaker she wanted to be! and yet she already felt so overwhelmed by this. the only light at the end of the tunnel was the discussion of sapphique. that their healers might know.

i- who will go? we...i do not think we can both go. not right now.

not with her whole life constantly shifting and turning, not with her siblings still too young to be left behind.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar quickly shifted and gathered her to him. A gentle chirrup in his throat as he did his best to soothe her. It pained his heart to know his adopted daughter was unhappy.

Gunnar thought about it and he smiled. His voice low, his father's tongue dancing along his lips.

You should. They prefer women and you are the one who wishes to be a caretaker and healer. I will hold the pack, while we wait for you. You will want to call for Erzulie. You can use my name, though I am unsure if they will like it. I believe I left them on good terms, but they may not have seen it as such.

He thought on Erzulie, he had told the woman goodbye, but there had been much upheaval and being he was a male well there was already a prejudice there. Not that he blamed them their anger.
372 Posts
Ooc —
perhaps she understood.

perhaps she did not wish to understand, even if she could.

i cannot speak like them. she said with a soft gust of embarrassment. how will i tell them everything?

and her gut burned hotly to think of leaving behind her siblings.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar looked her over and nodded.

If you don't wish to go. I can.

A thought crossed his mind and he wondered about it. Or we are small enough we can take the siblings with us. A day trip. I had promised you i'd take you to the sea and teh beach anyway. The question of who will stay behind. We should only be gone a couple days, it is not a far journey.
372 Posts
Ooc —
she was frustrated.

frustrated that her brother had to live with this, frustrated that she did not speak better and that she would have to send away the closest faces to her. even only temporarily, it would still sting. she had no idea what she would do.

only that she knew she was not fit to be there. that she would be baggage on their journey. physically, emotionally.

you go, i think. take skáld. show him the sea and tell him to bring me back stories. she knew that this was the right answer and she desperately pleaded for gunnar to see it too. if they will not speak to you, then i will go when you come back.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar could see her frustration, for their Bjarna wore her heart on her sleeve and in her face. He felt bad, that he had been part of the cause. However, he wasn't sure what else they could do. Other than this.

Very well I will go, or perhaps we could send a messenger to ask for her to come here. I am unsure if Skald would be welcome there, or if he could even make it. If it should become worse on the trip.

Gunnar sighed. He had not asked for this in his old age. That didn't mean that he minded, but the simple fact. He was not young anymore. There would only be a time he could help Bjarna lead before it was time for him to go to Valhalla himself.
372 Posts
Ooc —
Gunnar had forgotten about the black and white she wolf. So quiet and restful. She was one that he didn't worry about often.

She could go yes. But would she? She seems a bit shy? What would you like to offer in trade?

Gunnar was helping her, but he was trying to push her to make most of the decisions. He wasn't sure how much time he had left on the mortal coil and he didn't want her to be left with nothing and no one.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Somehow when i was writing my reply i deleted yours and put mine in your place so I mean? I don't know how to fix that lmao......sorry
372 Posts
Ooc —
i think she would. she wants more, i think.

or perhaps she had projected upon her? bjarna could not tell.

i would like to give her more. tasks, responsibility. a bit firmer in her words now, softly straightening out her spine some. i am willing to give hunts. to give plants that they do not have there. anything for skáld.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar nodded. Very well dóttir mín The words slipped out before he could stop them. Then he simply let them be. There was no lie in his words. To him she was his, even if she hadn't been born of his loins.

[i]Speak with Inkeri give her the task and tell her what she can tell them. And then so be it. Try and give a time limit too. We don't want her gone too long in winter.

Gunnar thought of Erzulie and Rosalyn. He wasn't sure how they would receive Inkeri, but well they needed help and he was not above asking. he though the had left friendly.
372 Posts
Ooc —
fade? <3

her cheeks burned.

for so often she thought of gunnar as father bear, but never had she bestowed the title upon him. it had not been discussed. it had not been said by sanja.

but mother bear was gone and only father bear stood in the place she had left behind.

i will do it, faðir björn.

she made to dance away at once, to be out on her task, before she could catch a reaction.

and whispered
where does it hurt?