Ravensblood Forest Never did I want to be here again
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
This is for @Aatrox!
Tybault still wasn't comfortable in forests. Every time he looked up, every time he remembered that the sky was blocked out by all those trees, his heart raced and his lungs felt tight. He felt trapped. So he didn't look up.
The creepy trees didn't help, though. Some kind of sap, he figured, but it was red like fresh blood. The trees looked like they were bleeding. Maybe he should have had some kind of deep thoughts about that, but he didn't. Ophelia or Athens would have, probably. They always spoke for hours about strange things like that, and how they could be metaphors for other things. Tybault didn't see the point, but he kind of missed listening to it. He missed them, all of them, together. He didn't miss their parents, but his siblings... they were his family. He had to bring them back together.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
14 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
From the sea where he had emerged, the great raven had become weary. For those that had flown overhead, he followed. Eventually, they led him down and through a wide forest. It felt almost pleasant to be here. Woodland was where he found the most comfort, despite being a foreigner to these wilds. But like in most tight woven territories, few would be of disturbance. 

Though, that did not make all exempt. 

Weaving slowly through the trees, paced steps echoed his own. Another was near. He was sure of this.

Retracing his steps, he searched for the other's prints. Once found, he would move in close proximity, observing them with caution. The ravens above noted his silence, following suite. None would caw, unless unwanted movement was made.
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Someone was watching him. Tybault felt eyes on him before he caught the stranger's scent, and the scent came to him long before he saw the man between the trees. The hair along his back rose. His first thought was that Germanicus had come after him, or maybe sent someone after him. That guy was super paranoid. But the scent was that of a lone wolf, not a pack wolf.
He turned with his head low, shoulders tense, and that was when he spotted the dark wolf. What do you want? Tybault called out, still and watchful for now. Making the first move would give him the advantage, but he couldn't bring himself to attack before he knew the stranger was a threat. He looked pretty damn suspicious at the moment, but Tybault tried to be fair in all things.
14 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
This stranger was no fool. But nor was the magus. It was expected that his scent be found, though it could not have been predicted how long it would take.

The answer: not long at all.

They turned to face him, then wasted no time to speak their thoughts.

What do you want? To know where you travel. This place, it is new to me. Was that not enough of an answer? Even still, it is all the stranger will get from the raven.
Hearthwood
Singer
124 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault snorted. He knew it was unfair of him to be annoyed by the stranger's ignorance, but he was anyway. Figure it out on your own, he was tempted to snap back. That's what I'm doing. Not that it was working out very well, but at least he wasn't putting the burden of his own lack of knowledge on someone else.
You're asking the wrong guy. Never seen this place before. Hope I never see it again, He shot a glance around, his distaste evident in his expression. It was easy to direct his annoyance at their surroundings instead, and he felt a little less like an asshole that way.
It seemed his hostility did the trick, however, because the man suddenly wasn't interested in talking. Tybault was happy to go his own way, out of the forest and to the coast.