Redsand Canyon I'm in a world apart, a world where roses bloom
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
News had spread through Mereo. Though Ali had not present long, she did not struggle hearing of the pack's whereabouts.

As far as she could tell, they were now short a healer, and a matrona. She wondered what would now become of the soldiers. So to seek an answer, Alstroemeria searched for @Germanicus

Imperator. I hear your matrona has gone. Would he confirm this news to be true?
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"she has." he received her at the sparring arena.

part of germanicus wished to lapse into latin for the comfort.

but he did not.

his yellow eyes watched the woman. "have you interest in the role?"
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
So it was true.

When he then spoke of whether it interested her, Alstroemeria was caught off guard. But she did her best not to show it.

I do not know of what the role entails. Besides, as far as I am aware, there are no plebians to govern. You would have your soldiers, and I would be alone to the civilian housing. There was little she knew of Mereo with so little experience, but she knew enough to speak this truth.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"the first matrona was an ambassador. the second had skills in both fighting and medicine. the role is built by those who hold it."

it had been a lesson from towhee. "but you are correct. for now there are no civilians." the spring would change this he hoped.
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
It was a role made to be refined, he claimed. Any who held it had their own specialties. But it was not what talent the matrona had that she cared for, but only for its original purpose.

But the role itself... it was made as a position to govern the plebians. What is required from the matrona aside from that? She wondered aloud.

It does have my intrigue. But like any, I want to know what prints I'm stepping up to fill.

If to committ herself to such a role, she needed to know what added responsibilities she would have.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"the role of the matrona is to support the commoners. it is designed for a skilled individual who can provide a safe place for each of her subordinates. in addition, the matrona may be called upon for advice in certain military matters."

the lady was thoughtful with her questions. the eagle drew a breath. "it was created with my first wife in mind. she was an ambassador but did not often travel due to an injury. but she was warm and companionable and capable. many came to her for their various reasons."
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He explained further. She listened with thoughtful consideration.

You have thought this role out well. Knowing this has me wondering if I am even a suitable candidate. Alstroemeria was humble, but also doubtful. Could she be such a figure for Mereo? Would they even accept her as such?
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"you are a plebian with experience. these are the only qualifiers."

he thought of ruenna and his heart — 

"take some time to know the soldiers and the others. soon i will call us together."

he thought of fennec and he was steadied. she had told him to show more of himself. "we should discuss it then as mereo."
62 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The imperator wanted for her to get better acquainted with the soldiers. 

I can do that. And she would.

Assuming that their discussions had come to an end, she moved in preparation to leave. I will eagerly await your call. Until next time, imperator.

And if that was all, off she would go.