Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson found himself atop the steppes again. Sun kissed fur dancing through the draped shadows of the early dawn. He preferred this time, when all was silent. The only creatures moving in Akashingo were the Fallahain as they traveled to and for in the pack lands, doing the duties they were tasked.

It was what he preferred. Doing a duty, away from others, away from noise. So he stood with nose pointed upward as the sun rose. Bathing the mesa in it's bright colors of pink and white and purple. They danced along the grasslands and the ripples below, shining bright on the frosty ground, that crunched under paw.

Breath drew out in a smoky haze, and blue eyes watered at the slight cold, but he enjoyed it none the less.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
the nobleman went up the stone steps with a tripod gait; one paw busy pressing the frontshanks of a pelt to his chest, the rest of it stiffly bending over his hindquarters and tail.

he'd come up in search of the priests, little nala and young senmut, but found only a blast of wind upon poking his head out. merciless mama winter tore the prairie dog pelt out his measly clutch, and sent it flying up in the air.

"m'cloak!" exclaimed the small noble, yapping and hopping in attempt to reclaim it.
[Image: GUCCISIG.png]
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson heard the yap and turned with a quickness in his step. He saw the little dog beast yapping like a mad one, and in a few quick strides. He was at his side, towering above him.

He leaned out, and grasped the prairie pelt with his teeth, snagged it by the edge. He then backed up for the little dog to get up on the stepps then he'd hand it to him.

Come on wup. I'll 'and it to you. his voice came out muffled against the fur.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
"oh, oh thank ya most kindsome sir!" gucci shuffled over the last tall step, rising onto the top proper. 

after its little prank, the wind seemed to calm, and the little dog graciously accepted his cloak back. 

"this gawd-awful weather-- ah tells ya, it ain't been this bad when ah first came 'ere! naw sir, this spells us a bad winter, them priests'll tell ya same..." the chihuahua blathered on as he adjusted the pelt back over his shoulders.

his face finally rose up to properly smile at the man, when the sight of the large, marred head, invoked a vague sense of déjà vu.

"...uhm, pardon-" the smile persisted, to conceal the confusion. "you've meet me before, yeah?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson let the cloak go quick enough as you please. Gaze on the little creature below him. He looked so breakable. It was disconcerting.

Yes winter does seem that it will be bad this year. Hopefully, there is enough meat in all teh caches to weather through.

Reyson gave a direct nod. Yes I was here for the marriage between the Pharaoh and the Queen.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
gucci's mouthline curved. he was ready to smile, be polite, maybe give a surprised little "oh", as to properly fake recognition...

...when images struck his brain in a non-sequential order, like a rapid-fire slideshow of shame.

the noble's eyes grew wide.

"oh."

awkwardness was immediate. shuffling in place and crossing his paws, the way one so appendaged might wring their hands, gucci avoided looking straight at the taller man's face - lest he spot some open (bad!) or poorly concealed (worse!) mocking amidst the highway of scars.

"sah, uhm... wha' brings ya back 'ere?" he attempted a laugh. it sounded like a dying man's last wheeze.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson saw it the minute the little dog realized exactly how he knew him. He didn't smile, but he dearly wanted too. He figured that would cause more awkwardness or more hurt feelings so instead he focused on the question.

IN order to ascend to leadership, an officer position in Mereo, I must do a tour of duty for 30 days in Akashingo.

Reyson shook his shoulders out. Briefly however he was wondering if it was even worth it to do so. He hated it so much here.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
he gave a quick nod, overly enthusiastic to latch onto a topic, little advisor hoping to steer the conversation away from how he embarrassed himself before the man of the canyon.

"ahh, and how's th' stay been s' far, hm?" gucci's head tilted inquisitively, smile forced. "avail yaself t' th' fella-heen, yea?"

he giggled.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
This dog beast was an interesting creature. He didn't quite know how to take him. He wasn't unpleasant to converse with, just different. And his accent was one that he didn't know.

It's been busy with patrols and postings. Granted Reyson preferred it that way. The less he had to converse with the wolves here, the happier he would be.

No I haven't and I won't. My heart belongs to a sweet wolf already and i wouldn't betray her in that regard. Heart, mind, body, soul belong to her.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
"oho!" and gucci's tail wagged in approval. "loyal, ain'tcha!"

"where'd ya find one gal worth so much?" tiny head tilted, eyes squinted with good humor. 

the mereo man seemed the image of a good soldier.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A smirk danced along Reyson's maw. It's one of my better attributes.

He thought of Meadow then, and he wasn't quite sure how to answer. He didn't like giving away Epoch, as he wasn't certain Akashingo knew of it. Though that would change in time, but well.

She healed me when a porcupine's ass bit my face. He deadpanned.

Reyson tried to be a good soldier, but he was finding it more difficult here in this place. Where he wanted to rage.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
there was about a second of silence, and then the little neb's laughter spread over the mesa's balcony.

"oh, oh tha' deliv'ry- naw pricetag on that, ah tellsya 'smuch!" gucci wiped a tear out the corner of his eye.

"mm, say, soldier, how's life in mereo treatin' ya? never been in th' sunspires. shocking as ah clearly come fram mountaineer stock." and the chihuahua positioned himself sideways to best display his dwarwish build.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The little dog beast laughed, it was a lot like him. Loud, Vibrant. Vibrated his tiny body.

It's good. There is much to do and it's prettier than most once you get past the sand and rocks. There's some hidden gems there.

Reyson gave a small smirk. I see.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
"hidden gems, ya say?" and gucci smiled and lifted a brow, believing that this soldier's woman was one of said riches.

"n th' people? what's them canyon folk like?" and it was asked with sincere interest. mereo being a question mark on the political senet board, it meant plenty to hear of its wolves.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. Yes you know hidden places that are pretty. Small forests, rivers and other such things. It's not just rock and dirt.

He tilted his head wondering what else it could be, why was it a question.

Reyson thought about it. well most are like me. Duty, loyal beasts. There are a few that are young and happy in their young age. But most are soldiers through and through.

Even the women, like Towhee were strong and vibrant and duty bound. Despite that Towhee had left them.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
a nod from the nobleman. it fit the image he had of mereo, a picture painted by the demeanor of its imperator.

"now..." and the neb shifted his weight, adjusted the pelt tighter about his body. "... wha' kinna spring ya seein' fer mereo? 'self, others."

"germanicus."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The imperator was a harsh wolf, no nonsense and very dutiful. However, he was also a male, and a husband and a father. Reyson only saw a cool and calm side of the Imperator, but he had no doubt the man had other facets. He just had no reason to dig for them.

Reyson blinked and then lifted his head and closed off his features even more than he had.

That's not for me to know. The wolves are their own responsibilities. It is not my right nor my inclination to dig in the affairs of who does what come spring. And as for me. That is up to my lovely lady isn't it, and I find it disrespectful to talk about her like that.

Reyson blinked down at him, then averted his eyes. But in his gaze it was clear he knew what the little dog was about.

So that was what he was. He was a ferret for the Pharaoh. He spoke under a guise of friendship and kindness and then probably reported everything back to the leader of this realm. He shook his head. A small smile on his face. It reminded him of Rook, though Rook would have been a little more convincing and he wouldn't have dropped the Imperators name.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
another gust of wind. 

this one tussled the cheek fur of the mereo wolf, framing the hard lines of his visage. the same wind toyed with the dog's collar, making its accessories tinkle like wind chimes.

gucci knew he'd taken too forward a step. by impulse his ears flattened and tail swept and fell.

"n-naw, naw offense meant, good soldier!" he hurried to amend, tripping over syllables. "ah jes- ah jest thought-" spring! come spring our children'll be grown 'n' born too! they could make o' us closer friends than this formal, dry tradition does!!

but for the first time, gucci found himself falling quiet in response to a blunder.

"...ne'ermind." his gaze fell. "pardon mah questions."

the chihuahua did not speak for a moment, as he shifted the pelt upon his shoulders, leaving room for the wolf's words.

"ah, ah should be on mah way. got, m'family t' take care o'." his smile was stilted. "ah appreciate- appreciated th' conversation, though."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The thing that hung from the creatures neck was interesting to Reyson. He studied it.

That makes a strange noise. It was all he said about it.

Reyson nodded his head. I wasn't offended. I just don't like to make assumptions about others. I assume there will be children from someone in the barracks, just like I imagine your pharaoh and any other's will have little's.

Reyson nodded his head. Then he did offer thanks. Thank you for the conversation. It makes the days go faster.