"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
All Welcome 
tagging @Bartholomew but aw! quen & mir are visiting! <3

true to her word, in the next weeks, mireille took her little brother @Quennell down to the shoreline and showed him where a sandbar ran its way to the island. better than swimming the whole way, she surmised, though she was unsure such a feat was even possible. "run fast!" she exhorted him, the wind whipping and lashing her red fur all the while.
when they arrived at the sandy borderlands, mireille was mussed and stained with seawater, but she did not put her fur into order. "heda?" she said to herself in great surprise, then howled for an audience with the mentor of sweetharbor — and his advisor.
336 Posts
Ooc —
they ran, they roved. quennell hardly strayed from mir's side on their journey. every now and then he lagged while searching the coast. yet he would never be out of calling range.

so they crossed the sandbar in a messy fit of cinnamon furs. practically one seabreeze swept form as they arrived on the edge of the island.

heda?

whatcha say, mir?
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
figures upon their sandy shores.

he wondered if heda already spotted them. some part of him wondered if it was mo, returning. but the cinnamon fur and salt tussled looks told him exactly who it was.

at once he began his descent from the greenhills to greet them. a doggish sort of bark escaped him as he neared. wondering just who the boy was that mireille had brought along.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
the man's greeting was odd and welcomed, as she had always done with him. "bonjour, bart'olomew. dis be my bro'ter quennell."
now she glanced toward her rambunctious young sibling, realizing belatedly she had not answered and did not know how.
"we have come to see your island. an' i have come to see heda! who i did not know lived here." her grin was quick and bright.
336 Posts
Ooc —
whoa!

what had happened to this man? he seemed...stretched, in all the wrong places. quennell did not hide the perplexed look on his face as he stared at bart. mir could blabber on all she wanted with the man, quen was more concerned about if they all looked like bart on this island.

you be lookin' like a sea beast i saw once.

not his strongest greeting by any means.
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
mireille was as polite as he anticipated from her always. wild, but kind.

then her brother sputtered words that gave him a wide-eyed pause. he had been called plenty of things in his life, but never before had he carried the mantle of sea monster.

you must tell the story of such a thing to us. he invited the boy, instead of taking too much offense. children were honest at best and horribly blunt at worst.

and you, he swung his focus back upon the young woman. must share how you know heda! i have only briefly met those she knows from elsewhere.

his voice was warm and he meant to guide the two of them further inland.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
a sea beast! mireille could have cuffed quen; her paw raised as if to do this. but the man was good-natured. she set her foot back down and snorted in her brother's direction.
when he moved so did she, at a fair clip. "heda an' i hunted wid duskfire glacier an' moonglow, last year in de winter. killed many caribou. she was always so fierce." the obsidian smiled a bit at the memory.
336 Posts
Ooc —
quen almost quipped with a complaint about not being invited, before he remembered slowly that he had never seen winter before. oops! such was the way of life when it felt he had grown too big for his boots already.

yah, well, my story be far more interestin' den some tale o' huntin'! he quipped playfully, bumping into his sister before tossing the sea monster looking man a boyish wink. but, uh... he hoped to rebound before he offended either party here. where be heda?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
fading!

bartholomew answered. mireille was pleased and joked to quennell as they went to find her.
the island was filled with loveliness and a peace that the obsidian experienced as she traveled with the gentle man and her brother through this land of god.