Lion Head Mesa chardonnay or bordeaux
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
aw for the tantalizing potential for whatever drama may come but also for @Reyson

Epoch held a certain routine now that had become a comfort to the gentle waif. With her pack mates in good health and little to worry about, Meadow had given in to her desire to meet her blue-eyed soldier. He had been gone only a week or so— she had lost count, truthfully—but she missed him, and so her paws carried her in the direction she understood Akashingo to be. 

A certain stubbornness to her when she did so, hoping Reyson would be okay with her visit and that he wouldn’t get into trouble for her actions. 

He had said he could visit, but somehow, she felt it might be easier if she were to come to him. If only to steal a few hours…

What she came upon was one of the more exotic sights she had ever seen, and she found silver paws wavering, hesitating. Whatever had Reyson on guard about this place was clear in her mind and she would do everything she could to not distrust their culture. And so she faltered beneath the moonlight—amber eyes flashing in the faint light and the pale beams shining upon her copper masked face as she considered whether or not to call for him.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was leaving the steppes. His body tired, and his mind exhausted. How long had he been here? Too long truthfully and he still had so much more to go. It was not the constant patrols that he minded, or the spars. It was the constant guesswork. The feeling of being on edge all the time. He trusted no one here. They were snakes in teh grass, and the pharoh had proven that his first day upon meeting him.

Perhaps it was cruel of the scarred soldier to think in such a way, but he couldn't help it. Not really. He would be glad when this was over. And he could see Meadow again. he had wanted to visit her, but the Pharoh kept him busy on patrol.

As he was descending he was thrown for surprise by the small waif standing at the edge of the property and his blue eyes lightened at the same time, that his chest tightened. A second wind came upon him and he pushed himself forward.

Meadow? A small smile lit up his face as he drew closer, and though his heart thundered in fear and trepidation. He couldn't help but draw nearer and press his muzzle to her ruff and give a chuff of greeting.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
this is a cameo! tag him back in when u get to the throne room <3 also lmk if the powerplay isnt cool!

ramesses and @Makono stood atop the mesa. he spoke calmly of trade routes: mereo for furs, paleo for poppy. 
but the man of the roman ruler did not go unnoticed. he worked the steppes and each day pharaoh's watchers reported to the divine one.
the land was long and flat. those who approached could be seen for a long while away. and despite the small, unassuming figure which moved to meet the soldier, ramesses weighed the meeting and decided at once it must be severed.
"crown prince," he said after a moment of watching the tiny forms upon the steppes greet one another. "take your guard and invite the stranger to my throne room." an invitation that was not. "and if they should flee, adjudge them a spy and capture them all the same. order the soldier to stand down."
there was a test here. makono was skilled enough to see it. ramesses wanted to see her loyalty in movement. his lapis eyes did not alight toward her, for pharaoh only expected her do as he commanded.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
assuming khaba is with her, heretic let me know if not okay! :D

she thought of senmut, in busy hours. it was unbecoming. it was girlish.

for the first time in a long time, she welcomed the orders of her father. quick to gather @Khaba with her and set off at once towards the small gathering. the man of mereo having company was odd. unusual. he had seemed so...lackluster in the social department.

triarius, your guest should not stand out here in the cold! her voice was warm, but her eyes fluttered to the woman. tantalized by whatever was stirring here. again she thought of senmut and again she felt hot.

come. you are to be welcomed by akashingo. her voice softer now for the woman.

an encouragement, a test.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
He had been present while the events conspired. Pharaoh had some plan in mind, but Khaba was not there to question — only to obey.
As Makono descended the hilltop, the jodai followed close in step.
She spoke to the pair; he listened, ready to act accordingly, should the invitation be denied in any fashion, by either woman or the accompanying soldier.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
And there he was—her wayward soldier. Large and scarred, Reyson cut an impressive and intimidating figure. At least, until icy blue eyes fell on her and softened a great deal. A look she felt might belong solely to her…

At least, she could hope. She had fallen for certain thoughts like that before.

Still, her own features warmed under his attention, a low croon escaping the masked lady as she took a step into his embrace, greeting him with a certain amount of shyness. Was it okay she had come? She did not know.

His heart beat soundly—if not rapidly. Why?

“I just missed you—" she began, but was cut off by the sight of an exotic creature—both stunning and intimidating in a certain manner. Smooth words were offered, the golden she-wolf beckoning her welcome, flanked by a silent shadow.

A sideways look was given to Reyson, her amber eyes questioning, if not apologetic—perhaps she should not be here?

Still, a gentle smile was presented to her greeted, taking a step back from Reyson’s embrace as she dipped her muzzle lower in a respect she would offer any whose borders she stood on. “I’m sorry—I hope I’m not intruding” she offered, uncertain how Reyson would react now, even as she brushed her shoulder to him.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was absolutely thrilled to see Meadow, even if it also filled him with fear. She slid right into his embrace, and he smiled against her ruff. He tugged gently.

I missed you too. He murmured quietly.

Makono was there and then Khaba and Reyson immediately was on guard. Eyes flashed to them, and then back to Meadow. He tried to give her a look, that it was okay. But he knew that this invite was not a question, it was a demand.

Reyson immediately cut to a guard pose on her side, blue eyes flashing from first Makono and then to Khaba, but he said nothing at first.

He pressed a head to Meadow's side, and spoke. Princeps Makono, Jodai Khaba. This is Meadow. The female I am courting.

There it was the line in the sand and the possessive energy that he was laying it clear who she was to him. Though there was no threat in his words. If they had any idea of his inner workings. They would realize that were they do something untoward to his woman, despite where he was or who he was. There would be a consequence to such an action.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
courting.

it was such a fanciful romantic idea to the crown prince. crown prince would could not court, instead she would have her divine consort when the time came. perhaps envy made her tighten her grip further on this interaction.

then we have even more reason to welcome you to akashingo, meadow. a warm smile for the woman before she looked to khaba. knowing that he would fall in line, whether things went smoothly or fell off the mark.

and you have been invited to the throne room. please, it would be an honor to host you.

she planned for them to move. now.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
It was selfish, but the jodai had no true interest in the woman, nor who she was to the soldier of Mereo. The day had been long. He was ready for it to end — but it wouldn't until this all was over.

When the crown prince extended the invitation a second time, the dark beast grew slowly irritated.

Rounding to the rear of the pair, Khaba readied to urge them forward at Makono's lead.

If they would not follow willingly, he would herd them onward like cattle.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
There was certainly reading between the lines—the polite beckoning was met with the silent shadow moving behind them, which offered little room for argument. Her brows arched upward in mild surprise—the throne room?

Reyson was at her side, his announcement to them offering even less for argument. Inwardly, she surmised this was absolutely a mistake. And so she gave a quiet nod of acquiescence, not looking to get the guardian at her side in any form of trouble. “Of course,” she murmured, lissome paws beginning to move after the one called Makono.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson looked around him, unhappy. He kept a weather eye on the male behind him. Moving closer to Meadow, encompassing her in his space. He frowned. This was not okay. he didn't like this and it made him infinitely uncomfortable. What was their ploy here.

He felt his throat tighten and the shadows beckoned at the ones in his mind. But he tampered it down. What would he do if something were to happen to Meadow. Oh he'd kill them all or die trying.

He wanted to warn her not to partake in the honey and berries. Had told her before of it. Hoped she would remember or her medical training would surmise that it wasn't good to partake in it heavily.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
tagging back in @Ramesses assuming they all follow.
(and if they don't...well i can edit ;D)

khaba flanked.

makono led.

the throne room would await the now quad of moving bodies. she ignored whatever fit reyson may have had over the whole ordeal. soldiers, she reminded herself, were finicky. she liked him. truly. but the importance of this went over whatever...courting occurred between these two.

and meadow was but a perfect guest. obedient.

lord pharaoh, divine one, she stood tall and straight. she knew her part in all of this. a play practiced a thousand times. a guest has arrived. lady meadow.

and now she would play the part of lunging sword with her next words.

i shall take the soldiers with me for training.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
they filtered to his court of justice, and he was dismayed to see the roman there among them.
at his side glimmered the jewel that ramesses had sensed close to his land, a woman of silvergilt tint and demure nature. from his throne he saw how the light traced her throat.
makono parried. the lazuli eyes moved hotly to her. he wanted to command that she stay and observe the statecraft. but her command gave reyson leave to follow — and ramesses leave to be alone with the lady meadow.
smilingly, he descended his perch and drew closer. "very well, crown prince. come to me again this evening."
his gaze was only for the woman, for he expected all others to follow his heir away.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Hope I didn't post out of order here o. O

Unlike his expectation, they would not all be staying as witnesses.

Makono was swift to command the jodai and Mereoen soldier elsewhere. Khaba was not displeased. His talents were better used for else than as a mere spectacle to courtly entertainment.

Dutifully, and with subtle eagerness, he followed at the crown prince's flank.

He did not turn to ensure Reyson's company. Makono could deal with the grouchy soldier just fine from here on out. Though, she he become physical with his irritations, the jodai would not be hesitant in extinguishing the flame.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Had her nerves not been aflutter, the she-wolf would have likely been in awe from the route they traipsed. Into the stalwart Mesa, a chamber was where she was led, and briefly, her eyes shifted to study Reyson, pulling her attention away from the rather grand interior that surrounded her. In that very moment, she longed for a forest—how one could live within the walls of caverns was beyond her.

Her expectations were completely void in this moment—requested to be within, at first, Meadow had assumed the guards of their home were only looking to interrogate the stranger at their borders. What she hadn’t expected was to be practically delivered to a regal looking creature who’s eyes were the brightest she bore witness to, and who looked to her like she was but a pawn on his master chess game.

It had to be her imagination, that last part. Surprise wrote itself upon her copper features, a stolen glance to Reyson as she already could surmise exactly what he would think of that—and a gentle touch of her muzzle to his shoulder—to ground him, lest he say something he regret. She knew his thoughts of this place, and she could see why unfolding before her.

This wasn’t quite the evening she had planned to steal a moment of Reyson’s time, but for now, she could play a gracious guest, and with the deference of innocence, she bowed her head down further, waiting to see what the purpose of this was.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
On any other day. Reyson would have shown her places within this place, that he knew she would love. But today the surrounding area felt harsh, unyielding and suffocating. And each step, his anger grew and grew. His blue eyes burned into the fur of Khaba, of Makono and then of Ramesses. To make his innocent healer a spectacle and the way the male looked at her. He kept his temper in check. His words quiet. If they met his gaze he kept a respectful aversion of his head, but it was there.

His stomach rolled and his ice blue eyes burned with such an intense hate, that it would have made his commanders roll over in their graves. What these wolves didn't know was, Reyson was a commander. He had fought and won on many battlefields. Had cut his teeth on bastards like the pharaoh, and he would have this man's hide if he so much as touched Meadow. He wouldn't care if it would be his life forfeit, or if he was run from Mereo. But he would burn this goddamn place to the ground.

The only thing that kept him in check was that Meadow touched him. She touched his shoulder and gave her gentle strength.

He spoke softly, his voice hushed. You are a guest Meadow. And remember Mereo and yours is behind you. The berries and honey are good, but like poppy seeds.

It was the only warning he could give. I'm by the tallest trees.

At this moment. He was giving Meadow all his trust. He was giving her the benefit of the doubt. That she would be able to see through the Pharaoh and return to him unscathed.

He stared at Makona his voice pitching into a low growl. I'd love to spar as training if at all possible.

If they listened closely they could hear the hatred that dripped from his every syllable, the absolute wretched, writhing ugliness that Makono had now awoken. She would not get his best anymore and were either of them to spar. It would not be to train, it would be to maim, to harm. Reyson was furious. And he wanted their fur and skin and blood upon his teeth, his claws. They had just made an enemy.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
last from me!

patrols.

she was not blind to the way the man before her turned to a snake. hissing and seething, but everybody had a role here and she had played her part.

she could not be the only one to blame, but she would welcome the brunt of it now.

regardless she would keep khaba impossibly close in the hours to follow. suddenly finding that she must not trust the roman soldier among them. when not even a month ago she had been learning beneath him.

she considered sending word to the imperator.

things to dwell on as she navigated suddenly murky waters among her men.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian

Assuming that Khaba is good to post, since Ramesses and Meadow have moved to a different thread. If not, I can remove and repost after Ramesses has done so.

Will also be the last from me!

Reyson was not at all pleased with the recent events. But the jodai could not easily relate, for he had never known romantic closeness with a woman. And so, there was no pity for the soldier.

Khaba knew well of the tension. From then on during their trek, the dark beast hovered closer than he often did over the crown prince.

If the Mereoen had any intention of fuming his angers upon her, he would too easily meet the wrath of the once, but no longer mute guardian.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Reyson whispered to her—fervently, worried for her, she realized—and then a frown crossed her brow only momentarily before she aimed to resist it. Emotions always played upon her sleeve, but she knew it would do her well to hide most of her thoughts here.

She didn’t like the idea of Reyson, practically quaking with a fury, sparring these wolves. “Be safe,” she all but tried to hiss at him as he was led away, and then she turned to the Pharaoh, a smile trying to smooth away the worried features upon her—forced, but willing, before she waited for the others to disperse and for him to set the mood of what was to transpie between them.