Lion Head Mesa Wish this was a love you never felt
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
It had almost been forgotten that @Reyson had been brought back with them. For a month, as the trio had been in Mereo, the soldier would remain in Akashingo.

Even though he answered to Germanicus, Khaba now felt some responsibility over him as the head of the palace defense. Not only would he report to the pharaoh and imperator, it would be made known that he would also owe reports to the jodai.

Today, at some point, he hoped to run into the busied soldier; for these new demands must be discussed sooner than later.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was growing to hate his time in Akashingo even more than anywhere else. Here he felt like a prisoner, with eyes upon him at all hours. At least at Mereo he could move about and go and come as he pleased. And he didn't like answering to anyone but Imperator, he had done as best he could to answer to the Pharoh and the queen, but it was growing disheartening. There was nothing to report. He patrolled, eh watched.

The dark beast of Makono's came upon him and he dipped his head, but continued his patrol. There was nothing to be discussed as far as he knew at this time. Though he imagined since the beast was here, he had something he wanted to say.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Soon enough, he came upon the soldier.

A small greeting was given, but no words were spoken. He simply moved to continue on with his patrol. So, naturally, Khaba would join to follow at his side. Along the way, they could speak.

I reckon you miss the steps of Mereo. By the soldier's expression alone, it was not hard to tell. How are you finding the mesa, though? I'm sure the pharaoh has offered his forms of kindness. Per what he could imagine, this included drink, food, entertainment and the service that came with it. 

But what of everyone else? I trust they are treating you well. Such a high placed man of Mereo should be respected as is demanded. If not, the jodai would have a word with the pharaoh about this unseemly treatment. Perhaps Khaba wasn't the fondest of Mereo, but while Reyson was on Akashingo soil, he would see to it the man was not displeased.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson made a small adjustment to his walking pattern. So that it seemed they were more in sync as they walked. Years of conditioning and marching, rearing it's ugly head.

Reyson gave a small lift of one side of his maw. I do, but a moon is not so long.

The next question turned notched ears towards the other. Oh it was offered and I declined. I am not one who needs a pound of flesh, or honey and berries. I like simpler things. The Queen had some of the is it Fellhan? Set up a fur for me under some trees.

Reyson frowned and shrugged a well muscled shoulder. No one has been treating me any type of way. I don't go out of my way to engage. I am at the steppes from sun up to sundown. I eat and I sleep. Normal soldier duties. The few that I have talked too, have been more than kind.

He wouldn't mention that they all seemed so very fake. That the smiles didn't reach their eyes, and their good intentions sounded robotic and practiced. He felt like an outsider in a doll shop. Afraid to break anything as he moved.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Reyson seemed slightly discontent. But Khaba could not blame him for this. Adjustment was hard. He knew it all too well, as he himself was required to do so during their time in Mereo. For this soldier, it was the same.

A moon is not long. No, it is not. You will be able to return home soon, and to a new title, as promised by Germanicus. The jodai did not fear casting away the imperator's title from his lips. He did not pledge his respect to the man.

Pharaoh is always quick to offer pleasantries, though only to keep everyone content under his eye. But from this, he would speak no more. No spy could return to the pale man with word that his trusted captain spoke ill of him.

The routine is a bore, but it is what makes us guardians... you of Mereo, and I of Akashingo. It is my duty to keep the people safe, and I will never stray from doing just that. They had the same view, no doubt. But for different territories and far different leaders.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't mean to sound discontent and normally he was able to guard his tongue and his ways. This was an adjustment and it came right on the wings of change.

Reyson nodded his head. Yes. As promised.

Reyson thought on Mereo and wondered how much would have changed when he returned. What of the twins and Kallik and Aquene. And meadow. Would she be pleased to see him or would a moon be too long for her.

Reyson gave a soft rumble of assent, agreeing. I have noticed.

That was all he would say on the matter. He wondered if these pleasantries were not a thing to hide a deeper darker purpose.

Reyson chuckled. Sometimes it can be. But I like it. It allows me to not think so hard. It is indeed a duty. One that I take great pride in. And while I am here. I will do my best to guard just as if it were Mereo.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
It gives me ease to know you will take your task so well, regardless of where it be. He would say the same for any. Hardships were not few. 

Akashingo is often a quiet, peaceful place. The jodai would go on, making some form of conversation that the soldier may possibly enjoy or relate to. Now that he had a voice to use, Khaba would not always be silent. Aside from courtly things, not much goes on. On our borders, we have had few run-ins... but even with the number of mazoi we have... Which was too few. ...the mesa is not too difficult of a place to ensure safety.

But enough about the palace. What of Mereo? Have you all many troubles there?
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. It is the mark a good soldier. To do your duty and do it well.

He hadn't had to dig deep for that mindset in a while, but he could remember times he had to, put aside his own personal feelings and do something he didn't really want too. The only time this had ever been difficult was when it was someone he loved.

Reyson listened as the other spoke of his home. He liked it here it seemed. Good for him, Reyson hated it.

Reyson shook his head. The only trouble we've seen since I've been there has been a run in with a lynx.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Even being hardly trained, Reyson knew well of duty. He would not be strayed.

Then there was what trouble Mereo faced. And like Akashingo, their troubles were few.

A lynx? Can't say I've encountered one in quite some time. He couldn't recall it, but surely he had at some point.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson knew his job intimately. He had been training as a soldier since he was less than 4 months old. It was truly all he had known for the majority of his life. There was a slight hitch of irritation in his gullet, to be lightly questioned.

A shake of grizzled head and tattered ears. It has been some time since I had a run in with one myself. We are unsure why it was so close to the territory, but it's been dispatched.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
ready to fade here, if you are?

The unwanted creature had been taken care of. 

Mereo seemed to be capable of taking care of their own, as was Akashingo. The two were similar, but still yet so different.

The jodai continued on silently. There was little else he could think to speak of, unless the soldier felt differently. Otherwise, the patrol would soon come to an end and the two could part ways.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.