Blacktail Deer Plateau I think I need help
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
set for roughly a week after her current ongoing thread w/ Redtail Rise! @Ingram and @Ash Paw primarily but AW!

The girl had staggered and limped from the marshes after the wolves of the Rise had more or less left her for dead. 
Sov continued to look over her shoulder in hyperawareness as she braved the mountains, eventually, slowly... slowly, did she stumble to the borders of another pack.

She didn't know the scents that lingered here, the wolves the markers belonged to.
And so the Prince with a sharp pang in her chest would attempt to stumble away, only to collapse in the snow on the outskirts of Basilica. 

A low-noted series of crooning whines as Sovereign faded in and out of consciousness...

Would anyone help?
Was there even a chance...?
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
83 Posts
Ooc —
He'd been around the borders a few times now already. It was near time for him to return and seek out Ash Paw for a new lesson. But when a faint whine echoed through the air, the deathbringer stopped quickly in his tracks.

At a fair pace, the beast of a man traipsed towards the origin of the sound.

Soon enough, Sanguinex came upon a limp form. A smaller, white wolf that appeared to be nastily marred.

With a grimace, he watched the body for movement. Then, as he figured was necessary, he pressed a heavy paw lightly against the neck. They were still breathing.

But that was the extent of his knowledge when it came to this kind of stuff.

So, reluctantly, he set a call through the air for @Ash Paw. As far as he was aware, she was their only healer of sorts.

Then later, the dreadfather would be called upon for direction on what to do with the mangled wolf.
Riverclan
Star*
681 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
A call came for her, and though she recognized the voice, the tone was different. He was not calling for a lesson, but rather for healing. It sounded serious. So she grasped the rabbit pouch gifted from Syrax and filled it to the brim with bergamot, aloe, cobwebs, what she could and raced towards the border.

She stopped only moments to touch a nose to the flank of Deathbringer, more so to have him move from her way, but also to make him aware she was there. She immediately went to work, all but ignoring him. A certain fervor in her bright blue eyes as she worked over the girl. 

Oh child. she murmured quietly as she tried to get what she could of the matted blood from around. She lifted azure gaze to her pack mate and motioned at him. 

Please find a way to fetch me some water. Sometimes leaves work, or if you get some moss and dip it in. I need to clean this and I'm afraid there's too much for me to lick away.

She chewed up the herbs she had carried and worked to place them where the worst pains were. What she could see past the gore that marred her. This poor child had been worked over and left for dead. How she had  managed to get here. Ash lifted a prayer to both Atka and Sos who surely were watching over the girl. They would not affect balance so both had a stock in her, giving she was almost dead, but still alive. 

Not sure what all her wounds are. So I was ambiguous for now.
godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
though ingram had not ( yet ) been called, he'd faintly heard the low crooning whines and had diverted his patrol so he arrived upon the scene all the same.

snow crunched beneath the dreadfather's paws as he moves past his dagger towards ash paw who fawns over the collapsed, bloodied mess of fur at the outskirts of their claim.

a low growl rumbles in his throat as she sets the deathbringer off on a task to collect what she needed. mages, he nearly wants to scoff: trying to save everyone's life. it appears fairly dire: ivory fur staining deep crimson with her own blood, open wounds and sores littering her body.

she is young — the age of his own shadowchildren, or at the very least close to it. ingram was not known for his generosity for any boons always came with conditions ...and he sees this playing out in his minds' eye one of two ways: either she could be saved and would be a valuable asset in which he could use to basilica's advantage or she would be a worthy offering, another bits of bone to add to his threadbones.

a slow blink and he sees flashes of praimfaya: dying at his own behest, beneath his teeth. the reaction is small but visceral. there and gone and swept swiftly away before ingram could dare to focus upon it. do you think she will make it? he asks ash paw.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
83 Posts
Ooc —
The mage arrived quickly. But she rushed past him and to the child, only after to bark orders in the direction of the dagger

Who did she think she was? 

Besides, he was a creature meant to take lives, not save them.

But before Sanguinex could snap a retort, the dreadfather arrived. He too moved past the pale white beast, but he did not seem as keen as Ash Paw to kindle this wolf back to health. 

Instead of turning away to collect whatever the mage had asked for, he moved forward to flank the rear of Ingram. It was he who gave the dagger orders. Thus, if it was his wish for the child to live in, the deathbringer would (again, reluctantly) carry out the little femme's will.
Riverclan
Star*
681 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Her eyes flashed at both Dreadfather's growl and the other's blatant refusal to help. So she returned a growl. Her words coming out hot and heavy filled with implications.

Not if I don't have the items that I need to save her life, but by all means continue to ignore me. 

She hissed and then continued to use what she could, using her own tongue to clean the worst of the mats. She was filled to the brim with irritation and absolute boiling anger at the moment.

She was not a leader, but she was a healer and her job was to heal, whether they were part of the pack or not, and she would be damned if one of them, refused to allow her to help. She'd die on that hill.

She snapped at them both. If you aren't going to help me, then please leave me so I can do what I can without your interruption. If I get the medicinal herbs upon her. Then yes she has a good chance.

She grew quiet then and placed the begamot upon her wounds. Tightening what she could with cobwebs. Already the blood was beginning to slow at least. Though without water, there was much she couldn't see.

She was a follower of Atka, of Sos. Atka was a goddess for the living, sos for the dead. So either way she looked at it, she was fulfilling her duties as a healer and as an avid worshipper of the two.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign felt both a hesitant hope and a streak of fear as a man came to inspect. 
Then a woman, who drew closer than he and immediately began going to work trying to get her bleeding to stop. 

Another man would soon come, asking if she would make it.
She could hear what seemed like arguing,  but after some time of fading in and out of consciousness, the child would attempt to stand up.

It was a shaky effort, but one that she felt would benefit the healer. 

"Can..can...move..." She breathed for Ash Paw, eyes meeting the Mage's face with the intention of showing she would do her best to follow if Ash needed to move her elsewhere.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
his dagger moves close to his flank, ingram notes with a twitch of his ear and a small glimpse over his shoulder: ignoring ash paw's directives: as to which she does not take kindly. understandably, but ingram does not command the deathbringer to do as ash paw told him. not yet.

it strikes him as duly unfair to make such a bargain for the young, injured woman: basilica's help in exchange for what ...he has not yet decided. a life debt was not something the dreadfather takes lightly.

still, though the girl rouses back to consciousness and stutters out a half-hearted response and stumbles to her paws with effort. still, ingram is quiet. studious. stony and cold.

lifedebts are not whimsical things, ingram speaks: to ash paw, to the bleeding, wounded girl at the outskirts of his claim. our help, whether endorsed or not — a knowing look is sent to ash paw. creates the bond of a lifedebt. the voidwraiths witnessed it. he, as a daedra prince in mortal flesh witnessed it. perhaps, would he not have seen it, it could've been avoided but the threads of destiny were already spun.

heal her, if she accepts it. though ingram is not sure that she is in the right headspace to make such a bargain. heal her if she does not and you insist, ash paw. a pause is given. but know that a lifedebt will be paid either way.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
30 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Probably the only post for Völva but feel free to PP the Seer helping Ash Paw, everyone! <333

The Seer followed to the event of the day - a child marred, wounded. 
Ingram spoke of a life debt.

The Seer felt the pale girl was too young to incur such a debt this early in her life. 

"I will pay the child's debt." She spoke for them to hear.
Her normally ghostly aura was replaced by one of presence.
Her thoughts on this matter would be clear upon her features.
83 Posts
Ooc —
If the child was to be saved, there would be a debt. The dreadfather decided it. 

Though, still, the white beast did not move to aide the mage. If she wanted to heal the girl, she would do so alone.

A new body then neared. Sanguinex knew they belonged to Basilica for the time being, but still, he held no fondness for them.

They spoke of the debt Ingram mentioned. They wished to claim it. The dagger did not like this.

So boldly, he stepped between the acolyte and circled assembly, teeth bared in warning. This was not her business. Nor was the debt of the child hers to take. 

The deathbringer was not at all content with the woman displaying such blatant disrespect in the dreadfather's presence. He would not allow it. 
Riverclan
Star*
681 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash Paw turned upon them all with a growl. If you do nothing but argue and upset my patient please leave. She needs rest and you are not helping.

She glared at all of them. She would take the damn life debt herself, honestly this was ridiculous. She growled again and with fiery steps and anger in her eyes she grasped ehr rabbit skin and then leaned forward to help the girl.

Come along child. Let them sort out their own affairs. While we get you sorted yea. Her voice slightly muffled with the fur.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign didn't yet understand the meaning of a life debt, but it sounded like something she shouldn't take lightly.

A dark woman came and offered to claim it in her stead, which the pale man who came first didn't seem to like very much.

The healer snapped at them, to which the Princess wouldn't interject, looking at Ash Paw as she then offered her support in getting Sov to a different location. 
The girl nodded a couple times in response and would, with Ash's help, begin to move to wherever the Mage needed to take her.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
as his conditions are set, the seer appears on the scene and proclaims she will pay the child's lifedebt. a low warning growl rumbles in his chest. it was bold of her and he does not accept based on the sole fact that she does not know if she is staying to not. as acolyte she has no right to make such claims, as far as ingram cares to see it. you are acolyte, he snaps, guard hairs bristling. and you, ash paw are mage. not a leader. do not presume to tell me what to do.

he would squash insubordination. cruelly. coldly.

the lifedebt will be paid by the child when she is well enough. it might not've been so had his patience, his authority not been tested, not been ignored. but he is feeling cruel and like he needs to remind them why he is the dreadfather.

the next one of you to speak so brazenly to me, as if we are equals, to ignore my authority will be met with my teeth. this is your only warning. it was not an idle, empty threat: on the promise of violence he would make good. fussing at the womenfolk only continues to ignite his growing ire. come, deathbringer. he commands, gesturing for him to follow.

he would confer on how the lifedebt could be paid in the meantime.

30 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Völva bristled in turn as the pale man and Ingram both refused to allow her offer. 
The pale man bared his teeth and the Seer bared hers in turn, unafraid.

"She is too young to incur such a debt, Lord Dreadfather." She insisted to him alone, in a more pleading voice.
"I insist, please...I will stay indefinitely on your terms, if it means the child doesn't have to pay it." The Seer meant to deflect the child from future problems.
Children did not deserve to deal with the harshness of such things. 
She didn't intend to challenge Ingram, but this...
This...
She would die on this stance, if it meant that Sovereign went free.
83 Posts
Ooc —
The deathbringer turned briskly upon Ingram's order to join him.

But then the unwanted voice croaked.

Infuriated beyond reason, the pale man lunged for the acolyte, teeth wide. He hadn't quite measured the movement, so it was unknown of whether his teeth would hold any contact with the target or simply sound a brief snap nearby.

The dreadfather has spoken. The conversation is done with, acolyte. Ingram's decision had been made clear. Why could she not drop it?