Lion Head Mesa I-ei
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
@Makono another one if you don't mind?! bonding threads... I need them

it was planned! her very first trip! toula moved with all the grace she could muster (an Amiirad never moves with haste! had been a lesson she knew too well) as she requested the fellahin summon her sister (oh! only if she has time to spare!, she would chirp) to her own quarters. would that she could run to Makono, but she must prepare!
she had her mother to aid her. for this she was grateful. but her sister had made their parents proud, and now she sought her sound advice on how to ensure she did well for Akashingo. the Amiirad had learned much from Makono; she hoped to come to learn more, this day!
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
saying this is beeeefore redtail thread for makono's sake LOL

toula could not know that makono currently bore the weight of the world upon her shoulders.

that makono made moves for the future of her cherished sister. that makono looked upon her and wondered if perhaps she should be queen heir. would ashikaga strike her if she made such a move?

what did it matter! none but her and @Senmut knew these things — and she would inform him of the possible idea of keeping toula close instead. only to likely continue to brew and flip on the idea constantly.

but even if she could not speak of all these things, a tiredness clung to her soldier form as she became a golden ray in the doorway.

are you excited?
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
Makono was announced. at once Toula spun on her heels, beaming as she swept toward the Crown Prince. she could see that her sister was tired, and lowered her head apologetically. oh! I am sorry, if I disturbed you—please, sister, rest! and she led the Crown Prince toward an assortment of comfortable mats lain out, just for her!
one was for her, and not to lay upon. it was the most brilliant red Toula herself had ever seen upon a fox. its meats were before her, dried out and lain alongside the sweet, edible syrup of trees. wear this and think of me, when you miss me! it has been blessed with the protective sigil of Shen, as had the other gifts provided to the family she departed from that were divine!
Toula looked to be sure that her sister was alright and comfortabe before answering, selfless even above her own thrill.
I am! I hate to be away from Akashingo, but, I am eager to meet with those that are our friends, and see their ways for myself. your stories have enchanted me, she shared, but admitted in a quiet breath, but I am nervous, too—I have never been away for so long... she lowered her gaze. she knew she had her mother at her side, and that she could be strong enough to handle it... she only did not know how. Makono, she believed, had such answers. how did you manage this, sister? she asked, still quiet, gaze flitting back to her sisters strong face.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
she stepped in line with her pious sister, finding no flaw in her in those moments. seeing her as every bit as radiant as she could be. she had wished to share affections in hugs and kisses upon crowns. things she reserved only for toula, it seemed, as the days became darker in her mind.

and how often she wanted to weep in the presence of her sister. for every time there was a grand gift, a meaningful gesture. she could not ignore the way her sister treated her, shined up at her.

oh, toula... her voice shrank in the back of her throat. overcome with exhaustion and emotion in equal turns. at once she wished to don the gift, to show toula how it looked upon her and how she would wear it with such greatness. such pride! i will always think of you.

but now came the time to settle in. with contemplative silence in the moments that followed as her sister spoke.

akashingo was always with me. in myself, in the people i brought with me, in times of worship. her voice was soft, toned for toula's ears. although she may have been a tactician, she did not speak with the hardness of one now. more advisor than anything! and i always busied myself with learning, seeing, doing. you will find out how quickly you will tire when everything is new!