Blackfoot Forest I had what I wanted; it went away so fast
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,387 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
Referencing some oocly agreed upon things for timeline purposes!
Since their last brief meeting during which they'd agreed to postpone their trip, for now, Reverie had thought many times of @Turmeric. Just not quite as many times as she thought of Lestan and Kvarsheim. Oh, and the bear. They'd only met twice, but already she felt she knew him well; it seemed destined to always be so with those she met. She went through life as if living a memory; someone else's memory. This was not her place, but it knew her for the role she played.
Reverie was beginning to know this place, too. All the trees, they seemed so familiar even through the darkness. Was it only that all forests were essentially similar? It had to be more. For a moment she wondered how she had come here. Then she remembered. Turmeric's trail had broken across a series of small cold streams in the meadow, and she'd wandered. Oh! She'd meant to find Turmeric.
A distant shriek froze her mid-step. Then another, and another! Foxes, she told herself, only foxes. The night felt colder and more familiar than ever. Unsettled, she wove through the trees with a slow reluctance. The forest called to her in a way that felt wrong, so she turned away from it.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you