Stone Circle vöxtur
372 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
pack meeting! it is considered mandatory for important knowledge purposes! if your character cannot make it for whatever reason, let us know. :)

please allow @Gunnar to post first since he's the communicator. <3
@Ethan @Reverie @Skáld (avoided double tags, i think!)

it had seemed the right thing to do.

kvarsheim had settled into a new sort of semblance of peace. bjarna was often times too busy to simply exist by herself anymore — and she found she did not mind. after a discussion with father bear, it seemed time to take stock of their home.

the faces that stayed, the faces that grew.

with the winter well upon them, it would be good to find places for each face. hunters, trades, scouts. a medic would be nice and yet she figured it was only herself and gunnar that held that knowledge.

she made her way to the tall stones. prepared to meet gunnar there before they called upon the rest of kvarsheim.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Kvarsheim was both growing and changing, much like the age that pushed through Gunnar's body and soul. His face had grown whiter around his maw. His fur had grown in shaggy and soft, but he could already tell, he'd have difficulty removing all the fur come Spring and summer. Two season's he longed for with a fervor that surprised him. His body no longer liked the cold.

One such day was today. He had woken stiff and tired, his body had taken longer than normal to unbend and crack and pop, but now he was alright. He seemed hale and hearty, which was all he wanted. He didn't want to scare his little white daughter so soundly.

Gunnar arrived beside Bjarna and greeted her with a smile. He touched his nose to her head.

Ready?

Then he tilted his head and called forward the wolves that colored their ranks. Once they would assemble. They'd hear him say.

Good Day Everyone. There are some changes amongst are pack lands and pack mates. We also have news to discuss, trades to go over and a general meet and greet. Please gather around and listen.

He repeated what he said in Icelandic for the younglings and Bjarna.
Then he'd wait for everyone to arrive and Bjarna to start speaking.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Raventhorpe
NPC
Trans Male -- He/Him -- Should be misgendered upon first encounter though
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan padded over to the meeting at Bjarna and Gunnars calls. He called out for @Ike, urging his son to come to the meeting as well.
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
"Leave me alone if you want to hurt me"
32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ilizabeth perked her ears at Gunnar's words and Bjarnas summon. She had yet to be at a pack meeting since she very recently joinedl. She sat down respectfully, a short distance away from both speakers
^^^Signature^^^
---
Ilizabeth has had trauma in her recent past and is very wary around males and everyone for that matter, but especially males since her sister was killed by and abusive false lover. She is still very shooken and weak as she ran away from her home to this new land to escape him. She may flee or freak out if your OC approaches her, especially a male or a very strong or battle scarred female.
---
Ilizabeth is fluent in both Icelandic and English
Raventhorpe
NPC
Ike Means Laughter
81 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ike sat next to his father, interested in what Gunnar meant by his words. he had also never been to a pack meeting before so that interested him as well
++Signature++
Ike is great with pups and younger wolves, and wishes to be a caretaker towards them and even a teacher

Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri came into the Pack meeting and settled near the back and she waited and listened. Taking note of the words that Gunnar said. She was determined to learn Icelandic with her Norwegian and her english.

Then she waited for everyone else to come. She hoped they would touch on why Sanja was not here anymore.
Common
Norwegian

372 Posts
Ooc —
carrying on for time sake! :)
@Reverie and @Skáld welcome anytime still (if you want me to assume they are present without posting, PM me!)

softly they filed in. one by one. not everyone was here, but the bulk was.

gunnar took charge.

she listened to him say things. once in the tongue she was hardly beginning to grasp, then again in a more familiar, comfortable language.

there were many things to go over, she figured the biggest thing might have been the prolonged absence of sanja. mother bear. how long they had danced around her absence and bjarna had held on that one day she would come back. prepared to be mother to her, to kvarsheim.

she licked her lips, thoughtful.

ranks, skills, first?

she encouraged father bear with a soft nod.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar lifted his head and spoke, his voice commanding, domineering. Just as his father had taught. He had been born from a Drotting and a King, almost a God. His benign figure and moods hid a wolf that could command a room.

FIrst and foremost. Trades and skills. We wish to open up the tradesman's ranks to those who are working towards a trade so that we can assist you. To move up are hierarchy we ask that you learn a trade, whether it be hunting, fishing, warden. Etc. We are in need of healers.

Gunnar shifted and continued. any Questions before i continue?

He spoke everything in common and repeated it in Icelandic.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,389 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She was just outside of the territory when the summons rose into the air. By the time she arrived, Gunnar was already speaking to those who had gathered. He spoke of trades and skills, ranks and hierarchy, things Reverie hadn't put much thought into before now. They needed healers, he said.
Guilt clutched at her. She knew she could help, should help. But could she really? Or would she only make things worse, if she tried? Was a bad healer better than no healer at all, or worse? She shuffled nervously as she took her place among the others, considering Gunnar's words and her own place in Kvarsheim. She would have to find her role here, and maybe that would mean facing her fears. Or maybe not. She couldn't decide.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan shook his head. He was working towards being a hunter and would appreciate a new rank for his future trade. He liked the idea
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
Raventhorpe
NPC
Ike Means Laughter
81 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ike wasn't working towards any particular trades but he loved hanging with Skald and teaching him and he knew caretaker was a trade so perhaps he could get a trade and rank like that...
++Signature++
Ike is great with pups and younger wolves, and wishes to be a caretaker towards them and even a teacher

Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Black and White ear twitched as she listened. She was unsure what her place was, but she knew of where she could start. She liked to fish, to hunt, to scout. So perhaps she would do these things. She was fast finding that she was worth more than she had originally thought she was.

She smiled at Bjarna and listened if anyone had questions.
Common
Norwegian

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ilizabeth also wasn't working towards any trades but she knew she was good at hunting and could perhaps aim to that. She also had an interest in healing though she knew little to nothing of it. "I-I could maybe learn the art of healing. I think it is cool." Ilizabeth said quietly.
^^^Signature^^^
---
Ilizabeth has had trauma in her recent past and is very wary around males and everyone for that matter, but especially males since her sister was killed by and abusive false lover. She is still very shooken and weak as she ran away from her home to this new land to escape him. She may flee or freak out if your OC approaches her, especially a male or a very strong or battle scarred female.
---
372 Posts
Ooc —
gunnar took charge.

bjarna found a comforting peace in this. even if some part of her wished to be standing forefront, speaking to kvarsheim. her people, her family.

she smiled warmly to reverie. then inkeri. the latter she knew she must speak to after, for there was a task to be done. yet that was not to be shared here, openly.

when things seemed to be understood and settled, she nodded to gunnar.

prepared for the next topic.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
The next topic on the agenda. He squirmed a little. Not that it bothered him, but he didn't know where the wolves would go to find what they wanted, and he wouldn't be offering his services to anyone.

He tilted his head and spoke again. As you all know, spring is going to be upon us before we know it. In an effort to grow Kvarsheim and the like. We will not be putting a punishment on those who wish to breed and bring forth children.

He held up a paw. Though we do ask that you think had about the resources we have available to us, you be responsible and that you seek Bjarna and I out for proper permission. We do not want pups who will have no quality of life. Nor do we want any surprises.

He said it firmly and without an offer of argument. They could breed if he or Bjarna gave permission and only if they had the means to take care of the babies. He would not have fatherless children, or orphans among the ranks. He wouldn't. He spoke it both in english and again in Icelandic. Though the latter it sounded firmer, darker.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,389 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She hadn't missed as much as she feared, thankfully, but the next topic of conversation came as a surprise to her. Gunnar started speaking about something called spring, and breeding, and pups. Reverie wasn't ignorant to these things, but she'd never put too much thought into it before. And there was so much she didn't know about it!
What she did know was that she was still too young to have children. There was plenty of time to prepare and figure out what she would do when her own time came. She did wonder what would happen in Kvarsheim, though. Would anyone else choose to have children here? Gunnar seemed too old, Bjarna too young, and Reverie didn't know anyone else gathered here. She thought she ought to fix that, and glanced around at her packmates. She said nothing, though; there was nothing for her to add to this conversation.
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan knew he had just bred with a male. And that he was hoping for pups. But he debated whether to speak up or not. If someone else did, he might, but he'd otherwise wait till after the meeting, or until he knew he was expecting, to tell
***Signature***

Raventhorpe
NPC
Ike Means Laughter
81 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ike knew that at the moment he was too young to breed. But he had intentions to once he was older. It didn't have to be this season though, or a Kvarsheim wolf so he didn't think it mattered
++Signature++

Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri said nothing, as she listened. She hadn't thought about children, and had always dreaded her season. She still did. Though know it didn't seem so daunting. Somewhere she was safe and happy. It had merit. However, she also had no mate. Not that she had been looking exactly.

tail moved behind her as she thought of the answers.
Common
Norwegian

32 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ilizabeth wanted nothing to do with men and pups this season. She didn't even understand what a heat cycle was and is taken aback by her own, unsure what to think.
^^^Signature^^^
---
---
372 Posts
Ooc —
alright crew, i think we're good to wrap? danni pls correct me if i'm wrong lol <3

it all seemed reasonable, everybody seemed to understand.

or at least nobody asked questions, rather. not from what she could tell.

so it seemed their time here had come to a close. she nodded happily to her father bear, as she turned her gaze out among kvarsheim.

content for a rare moment.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Thank you everyone for joining in

Gunnar lifted his head and spoke. Thank you all for coming. If you have questions you may seek out Bjarna or myself. Thank you.

he repeated it again in icelandic then with a flick of his tail and a nod to his packmates, he dismissed them. He'd stay around until they all left or came to ask questions if they so pleased. And then he would move on to his own den. And ease his sore body down.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,389 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Last post for me!
No one spoke up, no one said anything, so Reverie could only assume that Kvarsheim would have no children. At least for now. She wondered briefly what she would do when her own time came, and quickly put the thought aside. Her, a mother? Laughable! Maybe she would feel differently in a year, but not now.
For now, she headed off to go dance or stare at the clouds or something.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There was no more to be said and the time wsa slowly winding down. Wonder how many wolves would have pups this season.
Common
Norwegian