Swiftcurrent Creek total lack of driver’s training, don’t fail me now!
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
A new day dawned and Jasmine already found herself at the bank of the stream. Though ice still covered narrower parts, she’s managed to find a rather wide portion of exposed water that had thawed in recent, warmer days.

Arric had done a fine job of showing her around the Creek. Now all that was left was actually working on making herself a home here. Fishing seemed a good way to start. She was notoriously bad at it, but had a real knack for settling in places that seemed overrun by water anyway.

Oh well.

Jasmine waited along the rivers edge and watched for any sign of fish, hoping the cold might make them more sluggish than usual. It would truly be her lucky day.

AW from Swiftcurrent Creek, tags for visibility! <3 @Akavir @Jakoul @Arric
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
872 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A newcomer was among them—@Arric had given him a brief rundown of the girl and now Akavir sought her out—looking to acquaint himself with the she-wolf who would now call the creek home.

Her scent was easy to pick up on—and as champagne eyes drifted over the gentle form of a delicate looking female of variegating auburn shades, her own attention rapt upon the shifting waters.

He uttered a crooning growl as greeting, announcing his presence as he took only a step or two closer, allowing her space. “Arric told me we had a newcomer. I wanted to introduce myself,” he offered, his tone gruff.
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
As rapt as she focused on the waters below, she gladly turned at the chuff of another. At first she thought she might find Arric on the other end, but while the man who met her was dark furred, that was about their only similarity.

Akavir, then? Arric had given her a rundown of what their bossman was made of, but had he ever told her what he looked like? Strong and silent could really look like anything.

Akavir, right? Jasmine mustered her guess, teal eyes lighting upon him. Well, you’ve found me just in time for a round of ice fishing, you want in?

So far he’d kept his distance but Jasmine tapped the ground between them with her tail, breezy and light. I can’t say you’ll be very impressed by my fishing skills, but I find those aren’t usually the best judge of character anyway, and she flashed him a little grin.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
872 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She was open for conversation—a quip followed with an easy stance, and the dark wolf found himself drawn closer, eyes drifting from her to study the frosty waters of the creek, bemusement written on his features, if only for a stolen moment.

“I never was able to master this,” he offered, the humor hinting in his voice. “So let’s have at it.” His voice a soft rumble, the Alpha trailed the shores of the creek’s edge, eyes rapt upon the waters now. “Get a handle on this now, and maybe we can show off our ice fishing prowess later,” he mused, aiming at easy conversation.
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He had a look of confusion about him in those pretty champagne eyes. It lasted only a breath, but Jasmine found the fleeting moment reassuring, especially when coupled with his next confession.

Right on, man! she said with a good-humoured grin, and thought to light her way towards him — but she’d found a pretty sweet spot already, and she wasn’t too keen to give it up yet.

Ha! If ice fishing’s next, I wouldn’t mind sucking today so you just tell me to stick to rabbits instead, she laughed and tried to focus a little on the fish in the waters, but he was the first wolf he’d met here besides Arric, and she’d missed the companionship, hey, here’s a question: if you could eat only one kinda prey for the rest of your life, and if you could hunt that prey perfectly every time, what would you eat?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
872 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He shrugged, a smirk pressing to his lips. “I mean, go big or go home.” The creek ran swiftly throughout the year, but he didn’t think it was past forming ice in spots. Whether it would be safe to stand on was another thing…

While his eyes were rapt on the waters, looking for a good place to begin, the she-wolf asked him a question—good-humored in nature and offering easy conversation. It was a nice change from what had transpired over the past months. “Boar,” he decided, without much hesitation. “What about you?”