Two Rivers Isle [M] What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Flirtatious actions later on down the thread. NOTHING explicit, obviously, I just wanted to mark it Mature just in case.

Ulrich had been feeling distinctly embarrassed and uncomfortable about his... outburst in the den earlier. He had acted like a small cub, whining and crying to his mother. If Adylaide still had feelings for him after all that, well, then he commended her stubbornness, he supposed. They walked now together through the trees, away from the den, moving north. He cleared his throat to break the silence and said, Is it just me, or are the trees thinning up ahead? Okay, so he was just going to pretend that he had not had a complete meltdown in the den ten minutes ago. Unless she brought it up, he was determined to leave that behind him. Of course, he still planned on courting her... if she would let him.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady didn't find herself fussed about the outburst of Ully. Ully was a wolf that thrived on routine and duty and loyalty and all of that. Well, it had been torn asunder within mere days. Then his routine had changed and on top of that, she had confessed a huge, huge truth upon him. She felt this was a reasonable reaction given all they had been put through recently. 

But knowing Ully, he was absolutely certain he had messed up some how. He really needed to learn to let loose a little. Something she hoped she could help him with at some point. Though her thoughts were broken with the silence as he cleared his throat and spoke.

She moved closer to him, not realizing she had been lagging behind and studied the tree line. They did seem thinner. And were they moving at an incline. 

Are we going up a hill, Ully? Do you think we'll get a good vantage point there? If we are going uphill, should we move our den? Because well water runs downhill.

She frowned wondering if that was what had killed that fox. Had he died while sleeping, drowning in his own home. How awful.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Thankfully, Adylaide seemed willing to just ignore what had happened earlier. She too noticed the trees thinning, and asked if they were moving uphill. Yes, he said. He hadn't noticed it before, but now he did. We are moving uphill. At the mention of their den, his brows furrowed in thought. I suppose it might be wise to try and find a den up here, but we'll wait on that for now. Why don't we see what's past the trees for now.

After another few minutes, they made it through the last of the trees, and found themselves standing at the top of a hill overlooking... well, more hills. The area flowed out for a long time, a winter wonderland of rolling hilltops covered in snow. And way to the north/northwest, Ulrich could see more trees. He took a deep breath of cold, crisp winter air. Imagine this place in the summer, green as far as the eye could see.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady had discovered in the last copule days, that they both had a lot of growing to do in the relationship department, and sometimes. Sometimes, they would need to let stuff go, or ignore some things. Nothing paramount, and they would need to have hard conversations if they continued from here, but she was realizing quickly she had a lot to learn about relationships in general. Sure she knew what love was, but how did you make it last and work?

He answered her quick enough, and discarded the thought of looking for a new one. Which she could understand, but part of her wanted to make her own. Well she supposed their own, she had slept next to Ully their entire trip now and the thought of going back without him near was rendering.

Though when they crested the trees and on past the hill. A soft little Oh Left her maw as she looked out over everything.

Oh i bet there's all kinds of flowers and baby animals, and little bitty bugs. Those trees probably block out the sun, and the rivers probably near those trees. Wait are there two rivers?

She blinked and then shook her head and continued with her chatter. Birds probably sing all day long in the tree. You know Ully, birds are delicious, but they look and sound pretty too!
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich could not help but laugh at Adylaide's fountain of words that burbled up from her mouth like music. She talked a lot when she got excited, and he had to admit he found it charming. And it was strange, to allow himself to find her charming at all. He smiled at his paws, his ears pulled back along his skull in bashfulness, and told her this. Now that we're... courting, I don't feel inappropriate telling you that you are... endearing when you talk so much. When you get excited like this. He still did not look at her. It had taken everything in him just to say this much, for inside him, a war was raging between the old and the new. One month ago, saying this to her would have resulted in severe punishment--possibly death. It was hard to let the thought of that go, hard to grow new habits. But he would try.

Clearing his throat loudly in embarrassment, he squinted off into the distance to look for her mentioned two rivers. Are there two rivers? he asked, mostly to himself, but it was difficult to tell at this distance. I believe you have better eyesight than I do. The comment about birds he left alone, for he had never given much thought to birdsong. They were tasty, though.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
His laughter turned around her, and filled her to the brim with the warm and cozies, and she couldn't quite hide the small, little grin that lit up her entire face. It was equal parts silly and sweet. She just loved him in unguarded moments like this. She eyed him. This had been what had made her fall in love with him. The inbetween moments, when it was just her and him and nothing else, and he let that guard down just a little for her to glimpse at the male behind the mask of duty and loyalty.

Then the moment continued, as honeyed words fell from his lips, well honeyed words from Ully. Her eyes grew wide, and her smile grew larger. Her tail wagged so hard, she probably hit a tree branch, and her tiny paws, shuffled briefly. 

Thank you. I always thought I talked too much, but I just. She lifted her head and looked up and out over the expanse of winter wonderland. I get very excited and it's just like bam, they all come out in reckless abandon.

She shook her head. I mean i don't know if there is. You just taught me that when there's a copse of trees like that. She pointed out with an petite ivory paw. there's usually a river nearby.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich felt like he was melting at her reaction to his words. She was so overjoyed that he decided he'd compliment her as much as he could from now on, just to see the look on her face. You don't, he said. After a pause, he clarified. You don't talk too much, I mean. I hardly talk at all, so I feel you talk enough for both of us. And... He glanced at her with a small smile. I am not as excitable as you, but again, I think you feel enough emotion for both of us. Then I can continue to be grumpy. And he set his face into a wrinkled mask of pouting, his brows drawn together, frowning. After a moment, he smirked, one side of his maw lifting in amusement.

Ulrich did not recall ever telling her about the fact that a copse of trees like that usually meant there was a river nearby. Did I say that? he murmured, and felt his chest swell with the knowledge that she paid attention when he spoke. That she learned from him. Come, now, he said, and began to trudge downhill through the snow. Let us go see about this second river, shall we? If we're going to make a home here, we should see the boundaries of the territory, and start marking it. He paused. That is... if you'd like to stay...?

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ulrich continued to speak and she had to smile. She tilted her head, to his words, making sure to listen to what he had to say. A giggle filled the air at his pouting face. Though she had to take a deep breath at the smirk that followed. He honestly had no idea how handsome he was, did he. She wondered if he had noticed the stares in their former home. Probably not. Which truthfully she wasn't entirely upset about.

Yes you did. though it's been quite some time.

She bounded after him at his next words and nudged his shoulder. You mean we can stay? Really? We don't have to run anymore? Like we can honest to goodness stay?

She smiled to herself. She liked it here, it was pretty and there was abundant food and water. She couldn't wait to start making it into a home. What kind of leader would Ully be, did he expect her to lead as well?

Did she like that idea? One thing was for certain there would be nothing like her parents reign. Nothing.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was both overjoyed and saddened at her excitement about staying. He felt terrible that she had been ripped from her home under such awful circumstances, that they had been wandering aimlessly ever since. It made him even more determined to create a new home here. Yes, we can stay, he said, quietly. The air was filled with the crunching, shuffling sound of his legs trudging through the snow, carving a path downhill. They would have to go up and down several more hills to get to the river ahead of them.

As he gave it more thought, he said, I don't know about making a den out here. These hills are too exposed. It would be colder out here, and more dangerous should we run into trouble. I feel keeping our den in the woods might be better. But we'll see once we explore more this area. He frowned in thought. We'll have to mark boundaries and... set up caches, although hunting will be more difficult in the winter. We'll need luck, though we seem to have been lucky so far.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
This was a bittersweet moment. First and foremost terrible circumstances had brought them here. And yet, Secondly. There was more potential for growth into the she wolf that she wanted to be. Not what was expected of her, or what her parents drilled. No her own species, being etc. Though Ady wanted to forge ahead, she was unfortunately much small than Ully, so she was using her body and legs to expand upon the path he was already breaking. Though she felt bad, and hoped it didn't hurt.

It doesn't hurt to break a trail like that does it, Ully?

She frowned as he mentioned the hills being exposed and she eyed them warily now. Though one good thing, they'd see someone coming. She listened as he ticked off all the things they must do to make this place a home.

Well one good thing is there are winter birds just as spring and summer ones. If nothing else we can catch them, and plump rabbits, and squirrels in their trees and holes right?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
"It doesn't hurt to break a trail like that does it, Ully?"

Hurt? No, he said. Not really. It's more tiring than anything. It's just exercise, like wading through water, but harder. He paused, and felt bashful, a shy smile on his face, though he continued to look ahead of himself to see where he was going, and not at Adylaide. Why? Are you worried about me? I can assure you I'm all right.

He continued to smile, this time at her optimism. My la--ah, Adylaide, I hope you never feel real hunger, but your wishful thinking about the abundance of prey in the winter is... well... perhaps you should keep that optimism, and I'll be the realist. Inside, he was embarrassed at his slip-up. He had hardly ever called her by her name in all the years of her life, so it would take time to stop calling her by titles instead. We'll find whatever prey we might back in the woods, and not out here. Here, the snow is far too thick and all little creatures who make their homes underground are buried for the winter, hibernating. It would take hours to find anything in these hills.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She listened to him and bent to sniff at the ice. The sharp edges, she touched one with her tongue. It felt like it might hurt. Though she supposed, they had thick fur and thick skin. So perhaps it would just hurt vital organs like eyes, tongue, ear. She curled her ears to her head and looked upwards there were not trees or caverns near here with icicles hanging. Those always looked deadly. How her mind went there, she wasn't certain, but well it was what it was.

Of course I'm worried about you. You don't worry about you, so I do.

And he didn't. Ully always worried after her, never himself. And she would not allow him to enter an early demise, because he was more worried of her than himself. No she would give him the same, because he worried and because she loved.

He almost called her my lady, she was about to correct him, when he correct himself. A small glow of warmth and happiness flowed deep into her chest, warming her stomach and cheeks. He remembered. And if she imagined it really hard. She could also hear him calling her 'My Adylaide', but she didn't want to get ahead of herself so she gave her head a small shake.

She was momentarily embarrassed that she didn't know that, but they had always had food, when she had grown up. She thought apparently wrongly that it was abundant even in winter. She frowned a furrow in her brow. There was much to learn.

How does one build a cache?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich smiled at Adylaide's comment that she worried about him because he did not worry about himself. It was an amusing and warming thought, though also a bit concerning. He supposed she should worry about himself more, if only for her sake. If anything happened to him, where would she end up?

"How does one build a cache?" she asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

It's fairly simple, he said. You hunt an animal down and instead of eating it right away, you dig a hole and bury it, to keep it for later. Squirrels do the same thing, in the fall. They scurry about, looking for nuts, and bury them below the ground to keep until winter. Or... is it til spring? He paused. I may be mixing up my information. Regardless, building caches is vital to any wolf pack, to help stave off starvation in the winter. Ideally, we would've started this in the fall, but, alas.

They were approaching the river now, and Ulrich stopped pushing through the snow to look at it. He swiveled his head left and right, noting the bend in both directions. It circles around... And there is another river behind us... Are we surrounded by the two of them? That would be good natural protection against any attacks from rival wolves.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady knew why he didn't worry. He was too busy worrying about her and he was a rather capable wolf. So he also knew he could take care of  himself and her. Still, even the best wolves could have things happen and she worried.

She listened with rapt attention. It sounded simple, but she wondered if it really would be. Can we even break ground right now without breaking our footpaws?

She stared at the frozen ground and then his broad back, wondering. What a time to be making a pack. She wasn't upset about it, and would rather have a place to settle, but it was concerning given the time frame they had.

It would be good yes, but what of flooding? Is there enough high ground to keep ourselves safe?

She didn't know much about  nature, but she did know that water grew with rain, with snow.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
"Can we even break ground right now without breaking our footpaws?" Adylaide asked.

Not here, in the hills, Ulrich replied. Maybe back in the woods, where there's not as much snow build-up, and it's slightly warmer. But even then... maybe not. Still... He thought for a moment. If the ground is too hard to dig up, we might be able to bury any prey we kill in the snow, above ground. That would keep it fresh, if nothing else, though we'd have to check on it often, to be sure no animals had come and dug it up.

She wanted to know if the rivers wrapping around this land would be cause for flooding. He hummed as he thought about it. It might be, yes, especially in the rainier seasons. We may have to have two dens--one here in the hills and one back down in the woods. This way if the rivers ever do flood we can simply move up here. The hills will give us height, as well as act as barriers to the floodwaters. I don't imagine it would flood so much as to cover the hilltops.

Ulrich looked at Adylaide, studying her face. A small smile played at his mouth. Where did you learn all these good questions? he asked. Was this sort of thing taught to you in your princess lessons?

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She listened. Taking down everything he was saying. Some of it was slightly concerning, if she was honest. This was not an ideal time to be making a home from the sounds of it. There were other packs, they could have joined. But even though she had discussed it, she hadn't been overly concerned or irritated by Ully's adamant no. She didn't really have it in her to be accommodating with other packs at the moment.

She didn't know that much about rivers or water in general. But she had enjoyed watching nature in all it's glory during hard times. It served two purposes. She saw things that were awe inspiring and her mother left her alone. When she was communing with nature, her mother saw it as meditation an left her be. It was peaceful.

Ady laughed and shook her head. No that was how to talk to a gentleman, the right thing to say to make a prince fall in love with. How to command a room. How to pass down judgement. I'm afraid. I wasn't very good at princess lessons.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
The right thing to say to make a prince fall in love with you.

Ulrich latched onto those words suddenly, and stared at Adylaide without realizing he was doing it. He heard the rest of her words, but seemingly from far away. Feeling warm despite the freezing temperatures, he murmured, What do you say to a prince... to make him fall in love with you? His voice, unbeknownst to him, had gone deep and husky and suggestive. His head tilted to the side as he continued to stare at her, his eyes piercing and full of longing, though he did not realize that he felt such things. He did not even know what made him ask the question. All he knew was that he now needed her answer.

Would she speak sweet, innocent words? Or would they be seductive? Would she bat her eyelashes at him? He was intrigued.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady was taken aback by the way she was being stared at. Clearly he wanted to know what to say, but hadn't she also said that she was not a good pupil. Though, she could have a little fun. Her mother had indeed taught her what to do, what to say. She hadn't been very apt at picking up the right words, mostly because the thought of simpering to a male, made her ill, especially to one she didn't even like. 

Instead, a small gentle smile took place on her face, and she lowered her gaze. And then slowly met his again and looked away. 

She moved closer, shifting until she was chest to chest and lay her nose near his ear. A soft whine left her maw. And she whispered. 

Her voice was soft, low. Lots of things Ully. But I was not an apt  pupil at least for words.

She tilted her muzzle down from his ear, to the edge of his muzzle, her tongue darting out gently. Then back in, another soft whine. She nibbled at his shoulder. Nose moved from his ruff down, and then back up. Gentle nibbles, and pressure.

Finally she stilled, pressed harder against him, and then stepped back and again, brown eyes looking up at his. And she tossed her head.

Something a bit like that.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
She began with a soft smile, her gaze darting to his, then away, then back again, and away. Then she came toward him slowly, and he found himself frozen in place, unable to move or look away from her. She came so close that they were touching, and laid her maw against his ear and whined. Heat suffused his entire body from head to toe, and he began to tremble, but still could not move. He was so lost he could hardly understand what she said to him, but he strove to listen. She said she was not good with words, had not been an apt pupil of them.

She moved her head and her tongue darted out and licked the corner of his mouth. She whined again, a soft keening sound that he found nearly irresistible. She touched him and nibbled at him and pressed her body against his. And then--

And then she stepped away. And acted so... cavalier. As if this were a game, and she had won, but nothing more than that. He'd had no idea she could act like that.

Ulrich's legs suddenly gave way beneath him and he sat down heavily in the snow, staring at her with wide eyes. Several emotions tore through his body, at war with themselves. He wanted to run away from her, to scold her for flirting with him so. He was only her bodyguard. Except that was the old Ulrich. Now he was courting her, and flirtation was part of the experience. He was still trembling, now even harder than before. And, if he were honest with himself, he had enjoyed that. Immensely.

He opened his mouth to say something--anything--but no words came out. After staring at her some more with glazed eyes, he finally stumbled to his paws and made his way down the river a few feet away, and, without thinking about it, dunked his head in.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady had never actually tried what her mother had taught her. So she was a bit nervous, but she pushed that all aside, because frankly. She wanted to show him she could do it. She wanted him to feel a little bit of the small ache she felt all the time. When he was near and pervading all her senses. However, what she wasn't expecting was how well her flirtations were received. She had been flying by the seat of her tail, if she was honest. But he trembled. He actually quaked against her. 

The head flounce was her own way of controlling herself. She had almost been lost in the moment herself, and she needed to press her advantage and move away before, before. Well she didn't know what, but before something. Ully told her he wasn't quite yet there, he didn't know how he felt. And she didn't want to push him into a place he didn't like, or worse fall even further into love with him, until it was everything, and he was everything and she couldn't handle it. So she had to give herself that small space. She had to act as if it were merely a game, when in all actuality her heart was galloping against her rib cage and her body ached.

Ully fell to the ground and Ady went to rush towards him, but stopped. The expression on his face was frightening. He still trembled there in the snow. A strange feeling of absolute power broke through her and she gave a soft little gasp. This is what that felt like. Honestly, she didn't know if she liked it. How could she, in good conscience do this to Ully. What if, what if he didn't like it? And that was why his face looked so strange.

Then suddenly  he stood and took tottering steps towards the water, and then he dunked his head in.

OH MY GOD, ULLY!

She rushed down the incline, slipping a bit on the ice and grasped his shoulder and tugged, trying to pull him from the water.

Oh my god I ruined him. I killed him. What have I done. She moaned softly, fur between teeth, but she couldn't budge him.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich came up out of the water with a huge gasp, water cascading down his head, and stumbled back away from the river's edge. He didn't notice Adylaide at first, as all he could focus on was the fact that his head was so cold that it felt like it was on fire. He hadn't heard her calling him either, since the rush of the water all around him when he'd dunked his head in had been so loud. But at least now he could think properly. He turned to see her looking so distraught that he was immediately on alert. What's wrong? he demanded, seriously, shaking the water from his head. All thoughts of what had just gone on between them vanished in his worry for her, as he had know idea that she'd thought she'd killed him just now.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Large head came from the water and he backed up again and again. Finally, stopping he turned ot look at her. Then like a fool he asked her what was wrong.

Her eyes flashed and she stomped her tiny feet, once, twice. ULRICH!

She stared at him. You, You! Oh my gosh. You...just...and...then...I and I thought......dying.....but no....just oh let's just...put my large head in that water don't worry that the woman who loves me will worry....not at all.....then you'll all just....la...de....dee....da..

She shook her head around with the sound effects. her tail lashing behind her. Her voice growing in an octave. Then you just stand there....looking....looking.

Suddenly she froze and brown eyes traveled from muzzle down, down....the water sluicing across broad shoulders and chest....to drip....drip on the ground.

Looking like that. She breathed out, voice going breathy and quiet. There was a twitch in her brow and she closed her eyes.

Why do you have to look that amazing when I am upset with you!
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich blinked several times and stared in shock as Adylaide's tirade rained down around him. He did not speak or try to interrupt her; he merely listened, eyes wide. Now that he knew what was wrong, he supposed he deserved to be yelled at. He must have looked a fool, dunking his head in the river like that. He must have looked insane, more like.

"Then you just stand there... looking... looking... looking like that," she said, and he felt her eyes on him like two hot coals trailing down his body.

He stood rooted to the spot, wondering if he was about to have to dunk his head in the water again.

"Why do you have to look that amazing when I am upset with you?"

Ulrich did not respond to her for a long moment, but simply stood staring at her until she opened her eyes. With a smoldering expression and a deep voice, he said, Don't pretend you don't like it.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There was silence and Ady thought, Alright, all's good. He's not gonna say anything, we can move on, because i cannot continue this train of thought or we're gonna have to find a tree or a bush or

She derailed her thoughts immediately knowing that he wouldn't and she couldn't or she'd really be lost. So there was no point in even allowing herself to fantasize. She took another breath, maybe she should put her head in ice water.

When she opened her eyes, Ully was staring at her and her heart started faster and, she felt a shudder rack her ear tips to her tail tip.

Of course I Do. Which is why, since I know very well what your answer is going to be, were i to suggest anything untoward.

She took another deep breath. Lets go find something to eat. I'm ravenous.

Then she shook her head and moved past him towards the tree line, though she did snap her tail across his nose as she went.

And stop looking at me with come and get me eyes, before i do come and get you.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich's amusement dissipated immediately the second he realized that she wanted more from him. But he had no idea what to say to that. He could not... do that. Not now. Not yet. Possibly not ever. Not until he knew for sure that he was in love with her. Otherwise it would be completely unfair to both of them.

She saved him from having to speak by insisting that they go and find something to eat. And, as she walked past him, she playfully smacked him in the face with her tail. And he knew that all was still right with the world. He took a deep breath, smiled, and followed along dutifully behind her. Yes, my lady, he murmured, but it was said with so much affection that the words contained a different meaning than they ever had before.

[End.]