Stone Circle This doesn't look like the dog park.
10 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous author.
All Welcome 
When he climbed over the hill heading north, the fog seemed to lift for a minute and Nils saw familiar shapes: tall things, like his master standing! Except as he studied them from afar, they did not move. They were closer to the buildings back home; sign posts maybe, or walls?

He was so focused on these shapes that he failed to notice the all-too-obvious scents of other dogs. Maybe that was partly why he felt so comfortable cantering through the snow? It felt like he was returning home!

He came to a sliding, lurching halt by one crooked stone dusted with snow. Here he shoved his face in to the base of it and marched eagerly in circles, studying the smells, even scratching the base as if he might unearth treasure! He left faint claw marks against the stone but did very little damage to the frozen soil.
372 Posts
Ooc —
bjarna was stunned.

a thing that resembled her more than the wolves. she had never...! she was as smitten as she was disturbed that he had waltzed so freely into kvarsheim! with no one!

all at once, she moved in an uncoordinated gallop. a soft sound building in her throat until it shattered the silence with a WHOOF!

she knew not if he might be friend or foe.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
10 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous author.
His flopped ears twitched as he lifted his head up for a moment, tugging at weeds he had shoveled clear with his nose; then he heard the bark, and looked wildly up and around with such speed and interest one ear overturned in an ugly way.

There was another dog! She was big and white and close enough in resemblance to himself, Nils was thrilled! She came waltzing over with her tail up in the friendly manner of a child wanting a friend - and Nils borfed back at her.

He lunged a step and slapped the snow, bowing only briefly, showing off that he was happy to see her.
372 Posts
Ooc —
her heart and stomach did that funny thing again.

for a moment she was struck into inaction. standing there at a sudden halt, watched as he slapped against the snow. he...well, he didn't seem bad. even if maybe he had done a bad thing, coming into kvarsheim without call.

yet she very much wished to welcome him here. even if only, selfishly, so she might have one like her.

without another thought, she dropped into a bow herself. shaggy fur scooped up snow in soft clumping tangles. a soft pounce forward as she wondered if he'd meet her or bounce away.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.