Ouroboros Spine Waiting on that morning sun
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Limit Two 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Not quite sure what this thread may lead to (though Nasamik doesn't expect anything), but I'm putting a mature warning on this just in case.

Nasamik was not new to the feeling of craving. This season had come before. But like the last time, she did not enjoy it.

Intent upon keeping to her ulaq until the festering aches subsided, the northern girl lay uncomfortably upon her bed of furs.

Her body refused to rid of the feverish warmth. Trickles of sweat would slowly seep through the lengthy furs that made up her soft, pale coat. 

There were other feelings as well. Some of them, she could not explain, nor decide whether they were irritating or pleasant. Nonetheless, she knew what they led to; an itch to fulfill certain... needs. This itch remained, growing more and more. The young hunter couldn't help it when a whine or two slipped away from her throat. But hopefully, by staying away from the open territory, she would attract no unwanted guests, nor those annoyed by her uncontrollable circumstances. 
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
634 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she had not formally met this woman, though the words whispered between shikoba and her sister was enough knowledge for star hunter to know that this woman was a part of Moonglow. but it was not an act of kindness that would drive the shikoba to nasamik, but rather an act to serve and shield.

shikoba has felt the many cycles of heat and knows that courting males would be brave and willing to trespass for a whiff of her. shikoba would not stand aside and allow for such an act of ignorance. however, her wisdom has come with age and she certainly knows that nasamik is not to blame. she has not left to breed, unlike the last pale woman who stayed within the spine.

star hunter holds a small partridge in her mouth and offers a chuff of greeting to nasamik from the mouth of her ulaq. the bird was nothing more than a greeting gift, though the real intent behind her visit would come later.
[Image: giphy.gif]
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A small sound came from outside her ulaq.

Slowly, the girl's head lifted, eyes peering to see who had come.

It was someone she had not met. But for this, surprisingly enough, she was grateful. A good thing, it was, to meet a new face—even if in this circumstance.

Come, Nasamik invited warmly, pushing herself into an upright lain position.

Something dangled from their jowls. Her eyes sought it hungrily, but she knew introductions were first in order.

I don't believe we've met. I am Nasamik. And you are?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
634 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
nasamik; she sounded of kukutux's people.

"shikoba," the scarred woman would offer her, "star hunter of Moonglow." shikoba had grown to enjoy formalities in her older age, though she is also aware that sometimes they just weren't really needed. so she would come closer when invited and lay the offering before her winter sister before settling down.

"a gift for not coming sooner, fresh." shikoba being in a leadership position meant that she needed to be just as well-integrated with the others in the spine as she was with moon woman and sun man. despite her desire to stick to border patrol, shikoba knew that others needed to see her face and hear her voice.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Star hunter, Her northern tongue rang clear. But she set aside, unknowing of whether this woman spoke it too.

I welcome you to my ulaq, Shikoba, A warm greeting, smile present despite the clear discomfort she felt. — though... I am sorry we had to meet in this way, The smile turned sheepish, ears falling against her crown as she lifted into a hunched sit.

The gift was acknowledged with a small, polite nod. Then with a gesture, Nasamik offered a near pelt that was settled upon the floor. Please, make yourself comfortable.

Perhaps the woman had wanted to leave it at that, but the young hunter was not so naive. Getting to know others of this village—especially the women—would come as a great advantage and benefit to her later.

How long have you called this village your own?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
634 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
time truly had flown with shikoba. in June, it would be her third year upon the spine. 3 years since she had wandered, alone and afraid that there was nothing left for her in these wilds, as was the same with her own home in the desert.

yet the spirits were her clear guides, and moon woman became her own sister. these past seasons have been something that shikoba had not expected to have in her later years of life, yet here she was. she comes to place herself upon the pelt gestured by the girl.

“3 years,” she tells the young hunter honestly, “moonglow has taught me many things.” it was certainly different than her own village in the sand and rock, though shikoba has come to appreciate such differences with her age. she has learned many things while in the spine, things that perhaps she would have never known had she been on her own. she has grown, certainly, in more than 1 way.

“do not apologize,” she would offer to the girl, “it is not something we control. you are wise to stay here.” perhaps she could offer more praise to nasamik for keeping to herself in these times, though she’d overlook the need to plumpen the girl with compliments and perhaps save it for another time.

when she heard the language of kukutux, shikoba perked up a bit. this girl perhaps hailed from the same land? “you speak moon woman’s words,” she says lightly, “do you come from her home?”
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
3 years!

Moonglow must be grateful for the time here you have given, and proud for the growth you must have endured. As all grew over such a lengthy span.

When Shikoba spoke against her apology, Nasamik smiled softly and nodded.

She then questioned the girl's knowledge of the second tongue. I come from a northern village, much like moonwoman. I grew up knowing only that tongue, before later learning to speak common. This place is much alike my home of birth.

An inquisitive gaze then found the star hunter. And what of the place you once called home? What was it like?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
634 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
this girl conducted herself in a way that most would hope their daughters to be. respectful, knowledgeable, and kind. secretly, shikoba hoped that if her next litter had a girl, she might send her to study with nasamik and learn the ways of being proper. "I am the one who is grateful, the spine has given me many things to appreciate."

a husband. a son. a sister. a family. those to love and those to protect. it was perhaps all she could ever ask for. 

her suspicions pointed in the correct direction, as the girl explains her home. it would make sense, surely. and when she is questioned about her own origin, shikoba takes a moment to ponder. truly she was different than her northern sisters. rather than being wrapped in winter's best with the coats of other animals to keep them warm, shikoba called a place of sand her home.

"south from these lands, a desert of rock and sun." it had been quite some time since the woman had waded through the challenging terrain, and even longer since she felt the burning sun upon her back. there were certainly some things that she did not miss about the desert. but there were other aspects that held a special place in her heart. "my family's village was very different from this one," she looks down at the animal skin she sat upon, "we didn't have many furs because of the heat."

"has nasamik ever traveled to such a place?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
South from this land. With rocks and desert. She had never been there before.

No. I haven't. But I would like to maybe visit there one day.

The heat, however, she wouldn't miss.

Aside from the scorching weather, She began, an amused chuckle following. What else was it like? What did you like most about it, if anything at all?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
634 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she was like others. the desert was not a place for travelers looking to spend a pleasant holiday. but perhaps neither was the deep north where everything remained frozen over and wind chilled. everything had its drawbacks.

"water is scarce, rain can be rare and the water can dry up in just a few hours." those who controlled the waterways controlled life, after all. though, when times were tough, short-term peace treaties were made to ensure everyone had a chance to survive the abusive summers. "but with enough time and experience, you know where to look for it." the desert was a harsh climate, there was no doubt in her mind about this. yet there was still beauty within even the aridest of places.

"the fruit was special," she remembered how it would stain her lips for days on end, yet it filled her belly with a plump and sugary-sweet feeling, "cactus fruit. very sweet and colorful, but prickly on the outside. takes patience to learn how to prepare to eat it." meat was sometimes scarce at times, considering the fact that not too many large herbivores called the desert their home. the rabbit was quick, mice were tiny, and sheep were hard to come by. 

"i wish i could give it to you, it is sweeter than the berries here."