Stone Circle north
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Joining 
A daughter’s instinct compelled her to leave; she had gone in search of Sanja, but returned to Kvarsheim empty-pawed. The vast skies and wilderness stood behind her now, as she stood alone along the borderline.

She returned thinner than when she had left, leaner, and tossed by the wilds and the ache of loss. But her spirit ran strong, as much as the scent line she found firm around Easthollow — no, Kvarsheim’s claim.

Taktuq threw her head back with a call for @Gunnar and @Bjarna. Theirs still ran strong here, and where loss ran rampant in her heart, she felt the warm wash of longing to be with them again, and to let what she could not change settle in the wilderness behind her.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar had not known where Taktuq had gone, but it had concerned him only a little. Her age, wolves came and went often. He had been as such. IF they truly wanted to come home, they always found their way back. He had.

He heard her call on the wind and moved his old and achy body towards it. It was growing worse with each winter season, but after a few loping strides it would loosen and he could move.

SHe was think, looked a bit feral touched, but it was still the same youngling that had been there months before.

Hello TakTuq. He spoke quietly. Welcome home.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Gunnar.

A soft smile accompanied her quiet greeting. Home. Home! She had spent her young life on the road, venturing far and finding very little that satisfied her for very long at all. She had wondered if she might never find a place that truly felt as home to her.

But Kvarsheim remembered. And she felt that soft glow.

I went looking for Sanja… and though she could say more, she simply shook her head, and knew Gunnar would already surmise the outcome of that, but it is good to be home now. You are well? Bjarna?

The borders seemed strong, and Gunnar looked healthy, despite the gray that continued to age him.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar tilted is head and returned her smile. He had roved and ranged most of his younger years, so he could understand that displacement. That sense of wanderlust that always seemed to accompany those that traveled so much. And that deep want of some place to just stay. But even when you did it never quite felt right. Like a pelt to big, or loose.

Knowing eyes looked over the girl, and though he hoped she had good news. He wasn't surprised when he didn't get it. How he longed to find the mother of the pack. But he couldn't leave those under his care any further. Even the one boy was gone now, off into the wilds. Gunnar had let him go.

I am well enough. And Bjarna too. She is coming into her own. And what of you darling girl? How are you faring?
372 Posts
Ooc —
it was a cry that left her.

loud and vibrant. she nearly wept all at once to see taktuq standing there. the woman had once been mother like. not as much as sanja, but nearly. perhaps she was like big sister, or aunt.

TAKTUQ!

she put all of her strength (what very little she had of it) at once into crashing into the beautiful, polar bear woman.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq knew that look of knowing. There was no more to be said. Not on the subject of Sanja, at least. She hoped the young mother would find their way back to them, but there were others here to focus on. The tangible and present. Gunnar, Bjarna, the others they had brought into their little family.

Our family, Taktuq corrected. Gunnar made it clear that what stood here remained hers as well.

Her face softened when he spoke of himself, and even more when he spoke of Bjarna! How much the small girl must have grown in these months she'd spent away. Taktuq ached to see her. I miss the pack around me, she confessed, already knowing he could see that she was well enough by sight. It was her heart that held the sickness for home. I miss - BJARNA!

It wasn't quite what she had planned to say, but it was no less true. Taktuq laughed and threw her arms about her little sister as she crashed into her. Taktuq heim, she reassured in words she knew the girl would understand, and offered her a kiss on the forehead. And my, had she grown! She was still not very big, nor anything great by worldly standards, but Taktuq saw only Bjarna and the face that made her her, and she thought her beautiful.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the cry and a small smile worked his way along his muzzle. He moved forward to nudge Taktuq gentle and then nodded.

Welcome Home TakTuq

Then he turned around to let the two women reaquaint themselves with each other. His body ached as he moved away, and there was a slight limp in his forepaw. It would work it's way out it always did. But he couldn't help but wonder how long his body would stay well. And what if his mind went first. That thought was enough to fill him with such a fear.

Last from me. He's skippable. Please let me know if I need to retitle you and put you in the ranks <3
372 Posts
Ooc —
she peppered the polar bear in kisses.

cheeks and nose and chin. bjarna assessed every part of her with a caretaker's gaze. even as gunnar saw fit to slip away now.

she did not know why and she deeply hoped she had not overstepped him in some way. a problem to discuss later.

heim! she beckoned taktuq forth into the claim further. there was so much to show the once nornir! so much to tell too! their friends in riverclan and the trading they had begun.

oh — but she knew not it taktuq required rest or food first.

come, she meant to lead them to the nearest cache first.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq laughed and let herself be taken by her little bear’s embrace. Little sister, little niece. Bjarna was all these things to her, and would never be anyone less.

She kissed the girl upon the head, between the kisses Bjarna showered her with!

Heim.

The word sounded so sweetly from her sister’s lips, and Taktuq followed as though she had never left. Oh, how the little bear had grown! Not only in stature, but in confidence. She thrived, flourished.

Worries of what the pack would do without Sanja slipped away.

Tell me of you, little bear, she said. Her heart filled with lightness and love, share news of life with me.
372 Posts
Ooc —
can fade and assume they spent the day together or we can keep going, either or <3

you.

life.

bjarna felt a bit sheepish. the woman had known her since she was nothing more than a sniveling babe at the side of mother bear! now? well —

nornir.

a paw raised to softly tap at her chest.

ah, trades! yet she was not equipped to handle explaining the relations with riverclan! she felt that taktuq would soon come to learn anyway, for the two heims were close to one another already!

and whispered
where does it hurt?