Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 
Set directly after this Thread

Arric had arrived after the howl. He could smell the scent on the wind and though his entire body was more than willing his brain was quiet and his heart too. Especially after he had seen some of what had transpired.

Long legs walked him to stand beside the male and he spoke quietly. MMM you know. I can think of many things to call you, but right now. Ass just seems to fit the bill.

Arric watched the retreating figure of Jakoul and then turned back to Akavir, his eyes glittering like ice. There was a heavy set of disappointment there, and absolute disgust.

No offense, but what you just did. That was absolutely shitty. Not only did you string her along a little bit, then you cast her aside and gave insult further with the offer of another. If you didn't want her, then you shouldn't have given her hope. Should have been straight about it, but you definitely shouldn't of done what you just did. She's gonna feel like shit.

Arric swung his tail behind him and shook his head. He felt that in this moment, @Akavir needed a heavy dose of honesty and brutally so.

YOu just insulted her and possibly crushed her confidence in one blow. Top notch work fella.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
When Arric arrived next to him—a hulking shadow who moved with a stealth that shouldn’t have been possible for a man his size—Akavir barely cast him a sideways glance, his own eyes staring to the empty space left behind from @Jakoul, a frown pulling his features.

Arric was a man of many words, but particularly more so right now, and the Mayfair took his healthy dose of reality and medicine with a certain quiet, though there was a certain annoyance that flared in him. A bare of his teeth were given, not necessarily to his Beta, but for the entire situation in and of itself.

“You think?” He huffed, now finally allowing his eyes to slide over to his counterpart leader. “Because I think I just let her dodge a bullet.” Bristling, and then, truly curious, he continued: “What would you have me do, Arric? Mate her? Sire a litter? My first mate and I met through her heat… we gave into it all when we were young and didn’t know any better.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Mature language

Arric had learned early on how to be stealthy. Sometimes his life depended on it. Size didn't matter. And he liked to surprise people now and again with such things. His leader and friend had a frown on his face.

Is that how she see's it? I think based on what little i Know. She's not used to kindness. We are kind to her, without intent. And she's old enough to know the difference between things.

Did I say fuck her? Arric raised a brow at him.

I said you should have been kind about it. Akavir, man. You were all over here, and then you weren't. That kind of hot and cold shit, that's damaging.

Arric sighed and shook his head. I'm pretty certain you're a straight shooter right? As is she. Do you need to make her your other half? Seems to me all she's asking for is something to live for, something of her very own. And that would be children. You don't need to stay with someone  you sire pups with if you're both in aggreement about it. And some women. Well they don't want male involvement. or you could have denied her, without giving her hope first.

Arric snorted. And you definitely shouldn't have cast her off like some sort of sloppy second to someone else. That was low.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language

Arric certainly had a high opinion of it, and Akavir shifted, now looking fully at his friend. “You’re right. I had no right to touch her. I know that,” he noted, his tone a rumble, losing the sharpness of an argument. “And yeah—in more than a few words, I think you did say fuck her—and in less words, she also requested that.”

Wasn’t that, at the end of the day, what this was about? “She isn’t exactly the talkative type and didn’t give me much indication what she expected. I also didn’t outright ask her. But whether I flat out rejected her, or what I had hoped to originally do, comfort her, she was still going to feel shitty about it.”

He snorted, his features scowling further. He didn’t hold any of this against his friend—if anything, could appreciate Arric stepping in for one of their pack mates. “Since you’re accusing me of offering her out as ‘sloppy seconds,’ as you’d call it, I’ve been trying to call out for Lestan for awhile now—fuck knows where he is. I figured she’d be safe in his presence in case one of those rogue assholes crossed our borders—Lestan would alert us. Then I called for you when he didn’t come.” He paused, his tone flattening. “If giving her permission to mate with whomever she wanted is offering her out to others, well, fuck me, I guess.” Because that was an interesting perception the Beta seemed to hold of him right now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
[quote="Akavir" pid='553499' dateline='1672855931']

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language

Arric dipped his muzzle down. He didn't have an issue with the invitation the male was given, he also didn't have a problem that he rejected her. How he did it, was what rankled. It just seemed overly cruel to a woman who had no control over what her body did. 

Arric's eyes showed a bit of mirth at his friends deadpan words. Akavir wasn't wrong, exactly she had wanted to be loved upon, she wanted something the males could give, but she had chosen Akavir. Now what that meant he wasn't certain.

Arric sighed and nudged his friend with his shoulder. It's not that you did it. It's how you did it. It just could ahve been handled differently. Telling her she could  mate with different males is fine, but the way you did. Well i mean you basically reduced her to a whore by calling us like that. Not that it was your intention. But you get it?

Arric lifted a shoulder. I haven't seen Lestan either, but a girl from Kvasheim seems to overlap with his scent. What that means I couldn't tell you.

Arric looked him over. Maybe you should give in, Akavir. It might do both you some good. Give you a purpose and her a purpose. You don't have to make her yours. At the very least, talk to her about what she wants exactly. You might be surprised.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

He stared, incredulous for a moment at Arric’s words. Well i mean you basically reduced her to a whore by calling us like that. Not that it was your intention. But you get it? And then horror, as everything clicked together. “I didn’t call you for that—do you think she thinks I called you for that?”

Oh, fuck.

He groaned, slumping back now. Before, on his list of bad deeds from the entire scenario, he had simply felt he should have held restraint from her—not touching her. Enjoying her warmth… her scent…

Now it looked like instead of trying to get someone to keep an eye on her should a rogue cross their border, he was trying to present her as a packaged toy.

He shook his head, another snort given to Arric’s suggestion. “Remember my dead wife? Did I ever tell you the time our daughter got lost, and I almost drowned trying to find her? Moss and her sister saved me. And then Moss’s sister nurtured me while I healed. And when I finally could come back home to my wife, months later… she had just given birth to another man’s pups.” Again, deadpan. “So, no. I don’t think trying to win father and husband of the year this time around is a good idea. They’re pups, Arric. You don’t just start a family and take on that responsibility to give someone purpose.” He paused, and then glared at his friend. “And I used to be a straight shooter. I’m done with that.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
[quote="Akavir" pid='553521' dateline='1672858432']

Mature Content Warning

Arric raised a brow. I know you didn't, but yea she could have, probably did take it that way. 

The poor woman probably had taken it that way. He hoped not, but it was probably what crossed her mind. Hell it's what would have crossed his, sort of did in a way.

At any other time he would have found this perhaps slightly amusing. But there was nothing amusing about this at all.

Arric cursed low under his breath. That's a shitty thing for sure. I'm sorry that happened to you.

What kind of woman was that. That was just an absolute nightmare.

Arric sighed. That's not what i meant. Some women don't want any type of man involvement. They want that purpose. Not you.

Arric tilted his head. You truly are a straight shooter even if you don't feel that way. I know you are. You have been since i met you.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Ah, the usual response when he spoke of his near death, mourning wife, and not even grazing the potential cuckolding she had given him—sorry bro, that blows. Akavir lifted a paw, pressing it to his temple for a moment before chuffing out a soft breath—trying to clear his head.

Arric seemed to withstand his assumption that Jakoul looked for purpose and Akavir shrugged, his own mood turning saccharine. “Tell you what, go check your crystal ball and tell me what she wants, yeah?” Arric could lecture him all day on what a shitty display that had been—that was fair—but assuming what it was Jakoul was seeking wasn’t for either of them to know lest she share it.

“I’ll think about it,” was all he offered. And then, giving his friend a look, brows arched. “Or you could.” She was gone for now—likely seeking the touch of another, and while that stirred a certain jealousy in him, he swallowed it down—she was not his to be jealous of.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

He hadn't meant her death. He had meant he was sorry that Akavir had to go thorugh a cheating spouse while he was possible dying. That was what blowed, that was what sucked. It was cruel and capricious and perhaps if she did die, she got exactly what she deserved....maybe....depending on what she had done inbetween.

Fuck you. Arric said with a small bark of laughter. How about you pull the crystal ball out your ass, and call it square dick head. He shook his head. He was not upset at all by his friends sarcasm. He just hoped his own words would be received kindly. He meant them in good fun these ones anyway.

Arric shook his head. maybe if it was clear she didn't want you. Sure she'll come after Lestan or I, maybe, but that way she acted with you. She wants you first and foremost.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He snorted, still reclined, his posture heavy. “You don’t need to flatter me, Arric, I already gave you the rank,” he huffed back, though his brows furrowed with consideration. Then, a smirk of amusement barely touched his lips, and with his own barking laugh, he added: “Tell you what. If she isn’t looking for someone to settle down to and doesn’t care who the father is, you and I both do it, huh? They’ll just be the creek’s pups.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
God now he felt creepy. But he also understood. This was a way to deal with it. Neither one of them knew Jakoul, but they did know each other. Arric had heard of sister wives, could there be brother husbands? Or well they would all share a woman. 

Truth be told. Arric actually wasn't as freaked out by that as he probably should have been. But his proclivities were a little different than normal.

Hey man I'm good with sharing. As long as everyone else is on board. But if one wolf gets jealous then it's just a big ole mess and bah.

Arric chuckled and settled his large body next to his friends. Not quite touching, but he was there. I really am sorry your wife cheated on you by the way. That's just shitty. he spoke it quietly.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“I’ll try not to get jealous when your spawn tower over mine,” he retorted, though in truth he did consider the idea to not be terrible. “Pretty awkward question to ask her, though, yeah?” Jakoul, however… if he had insulted her now, it could be even worse if that was brought up.

As it was, Arric spoke then of Ibis, and Akavir grew quiter for a moment. “She thought I was dead, I think,” he finally offered, the instant reflex to defend her. “But… Yeah. It sucked that my supposed death wasn’t enough to warrant her to… not partake in breeding season.” Worse—she had welcomed him home, at least at first—and then balked at his offer to pretend to be the true father to her current litter. Raise them as his own.

That was when she had seemed to imply he had been doing that already… and he had shattered with those words. “We fought… didn’t really reconcile. And after only maybe a month, she just died… Like. She was just dead. Didn’t look like anything attacked her.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric nodded. If you weren't such a short shit. Eh i don't know. I guess it could be construed as awkward, but I'd rather know what is wanted and where i stand than not. Pehaps that's just me though. Arric didn't really now how to go about this whole thing. he'd never shared a woman before.

Arric made a soft hmming noise as he listened. That whole story was weird at best. I've heard of that happening. Sometimes where someone just gives up or there's something inside them. It sucks, but there's so much that you just don't know. My mom was like that. She just got sick one day and died. Dad well he died fighting to save an innocent babe, but you know.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Let the cards lay where they’re played, I guess,” he offered, finding good reason to close the matter for now. It was awfully presumptuous that Jakoul would even return to him or withstand his presence now during her season—as one who had very well just broken her trust, he had some grovelling to do, especially as her Alpha and the one who promised her a sense of safety.

Arric spoke of sometimes others just giving up—he couldn’t imagine Ibis had done that. She had lived for her kids—whether his or not. Something had to have taken her… a sickness, perhaps? Or… a Mayfair curse, that seemed to follow them along… But he kept these thoughts to himself. Instead, he rolled forward, eyes grazing over his companion. “Thanks for coming to hand my ass to me.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric c huckled. Very well. Arric had no doubt though that Jakoul would come back for Akavir again. There was something about the male taht drew the femme, and she wanted him. And it was her season. She'd come back around to him.

You're welcome. I'm always good for a good ass handing. He nudged his friend with a paw and then lazily flicked his tail. Content in the moment with the othe rmale.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
849 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He let the silence settle over them—comfortable and welcome. He considered going after Jakoul, but assumed it best to give her space for now… and also to see if perhaps she did find interest in another male of the creek.