Two Rivers Isle [M] Sets you off against, the planets last dance
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
All day long Ady had been slinking through the pack lands. But she had wanted everything just perfect. She wanted to show Ully how much he truly meant to her. She loved him with everything she could muster, and that was no small beans. It had been hard to hide what she was doing from him, but she had been determined.

She had searched all day for the best spot, and she had found it. overlooking the meadow and the one river, she had found a stump. That stump once upon a time had been a behemoth. In it's time it had probably shadowed many beneath it's boughs. But now, now it was broken , the large trunk on the ground, but the perfect spot for a table. She had ro pull some of the wooden pieces off, and her side was lower than his. Jagged and rough.

They could see there and peek down over the land. The moon glistened along the river, and peeked through the clouds to dance with small slivers of yellow light. It was breathtaking.

To wrap it all up, she had hunted and caught two rabbits all on her own. It had taken her the better part of most of the morning and evening, finally caught the last one moments before, but they sat now upon the table of wood. Her mouth pooled just thinking of it, but that was not the time. She finally lifted her white nose to the sky and called a small crooning note to @Ulrich
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich heard Adylaide's call and eagerly trotted in her direction, a smile playing at his mouth, butterflies in his stomach. He was still unused to all this, to calling her Wife, expecting her love. Thinking of her made him giddy but horribly nervous. He hoped he would calm down with time, for he was tired of hardly eating for fear that he'd get an upset stomach later when she spoke to him.

He found her sitting in the moonlight beside a very large tree stump, the trunk cracked off and lying to one side. How do you always manage to find the interesting spots? he asked, and then came to her and bumped his forehead to hers. He smelled the rabbits and turned to see them on the table. Did you catch these for dinner? Well done! And... thank you. He was proud of her for catching these rabbits; his hunting lessons seemed to be rubbing off well.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady still wasn't used to having Ulrich as her own. Not that she was upset about it in the least. But she couldn't help the thoughts sometimes that circled around her. Wondering if it wouldn't end somehow. She knew in part that was from the trauma of her parents demise.

Ady smiled, her eyes lighting up. Because I Look for them.

She liked to find small pockets of bliss she called them. Enjoying the hunt for something that no one else had seen, or that anyone had seen in sometime. Her tail wagged at his praise.

I did. It took me forever, but i did it. That last one there was particularly hard to grasp, but he seemed to end fairly easily. I barely had to put any pressure on him.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich supposed Adelaide was right. She was always the one wanting to find the interesting spots. He only cared about the Isle insofar as it was a decent, livable area. He had no real eye for beauty.

He nodded as she explained about hunting, and smiled. Well, is he for me? he asked, and bent towards the rabbit that Adylaide had indicated--the one she hadn't had to put much pressure on to kill it. And as he leaned towards it, his mouth salivating, intending to take a bite and tell her how delicious it was so she would know her work was appreciated--

--it jumped off off the stump and was gone in a blur of movement so fast that Ulrich had no idea what had just happened for a moment. He stared blankly at his empty dinner plate, so to speak, his mouth open. Then he burst out laughing.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
IF Ady couldn't be surrounded by the beauty of nature, she really did feel that she would waste away. And it wasn't necessarily just the trees, and the flowers and the bright things. Ady found beauty in the little ants that walked in twos and threes along paths, with items bigger than even they were. She liked the different spider webs that were woven into all kinds of patterns and sizes and pretty dewdrops laying heavy upon them in the early morning light.

Ady wiggled a bit and nodded he head. Yes he's for you.

Ady jumped in surprise as the thumper jumped and ran. OH MY GOODNESS! she called out and then stared at Ulrich as he laughed and almost wet himself. Then suddenly her laughter joined his, trilling and happy as she watched it run away.

Well goodness. I guess today was his lucky day.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was laughing harder than he had possibly ever laughed in his life. He was making ungodly braying-like noises as he attempted to suck air into his lungs in between guffaws. He had fallen on the ground at some point, though he did not remember doing so. A-Adylaide! he cried, trying to speak between laughs. You'd... you'd better... hold onto that other... r-rabbit! What if it's not dead... either!

After another few seconds, he finally did catch his breath, and lay on his back in the grass, staring up at Adylaide with a large smile, dark eyes twinkling in the moonlight.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady had calmed down, but she couldn't quit the smile that lit up her entire face while she stared at her husband. At that thought an absolute thrill came across her. He was her's wasn't he and she had made him laugh like this. Someone who hardly ever laughed she had done that. Go her!

She jumped at him playfully, and she didn't land atop him exactly, but she curled up so her front paws were upon his chest and she smiled down at him. And licked his face.

Laughter looks good on you, husband! So Handsome.

Then she simply curled up into his side and looked up at the stars as they peeked in and out of the clouds. Their breath frosty in the air.  She was content and happy.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
She rested her two dainty front paws on his chest and kissed him, and then curled up beside him to stare at the stars. And he was content like that, truly. He lay beside her on his back, looking at the night sky, with stars that twinkled particularly brightly in the crisp air. Somehow winter always made the stars seem brighter, as if their light was attracted to the cold. After a minute, however, Ulrich could feel the cold snow seeping into the fur on his back, and the smell of the dead rabbit upon the tree stump was calling his name.

Shall we share dinner, then? he asked, sitting up. We could split this. And we have more in the caches, so if we're hungry later, that would be all right.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He didn't move bless him. Just took her affection and gave it back with his contented silence. The stars truly were beautiful, but much like Ully the cold was beginning to press against her. She tilted her head and shifted, getting ready to mvoe and he spoke before she could. Downy head turned to look at him.

Are you sure? She lifted off of him and shook her fur free of winter frost. I'm sorry I didn't kill it the whole way.

Though a small smile curved across her lips at the memory. Despite that they wouldn't get as much food, it was a treasured addition to the home movies that played across her minds eye of her and Ully.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Of course I'm sure, Ulrich said, and then shook it as she started apologizing about the rabbit that had gotten away. There is no need to apologize, Ady. There. She'd like that. He hardly ever called her that. Now that you've watched an apparently dead rabbit get away, you'll be sure to shake all your prey extra hard from now on. So, lesson learned. He sighed happily. Besides, I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life. He glanced down at the rabbit. So! Split it? And he began to tear into the creature, ripping off a hunk of flesh and gesturing to the rest of it with his head. Take some.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady smiled and tilted her head. Okay then.

A warm glow lit along her cheeks and made her eyes glisten happily, at the nickname he uttered. It felt familiar, intimate, she loved it.

I suppose yes that is a lesson learned. She giggled.

She bumped him. I enjoyed your laughter.

Ady leaned forward and took a bite from the creature. It tasted better than most things had in a while. She wondered if this is what they meant when they said good food and good company?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich and Adylaide were married now, and he knew that, yet this, here, felt so much like... like part of courtship. A moonlit dinner alone. He chewed slowly, trying to think of something to talk about. Questions about family and friends were out--he did not want to make her sad by talking about the past. His brain flitted towards the topic of children and he quickly squashed that thought. He did not want to suddenly bring it up while she was mid-swallow and watch her choke to death in shock.

He frowned. So, what was there to talk about that was romantic? He wasn't very good at this. He knew he tended to overthink things. Finally, he simply said, I'm glad you're here with me. That we're... here together. I... I hope we have many more nights like these. There. That sounded all right, and properly affectionate.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There was a certain type of lull in their speaking, but Ady wasn't too concerned. Ulrich had never been much of a talker and if she were honest. She was happy just being in his presence. She could sit in silence with him and be absolutely happy.

A brilliant smile lit up her face and eyes and felt a tell tale warmth going across her cheeks. Thank you Ully. I am very glad to be here with you too.

She tilted her head and looked up to the stars. Ully what kind of future do you want? Not just a new home, peace. But if you could make your perfect future what would it be?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich stopped chewing in surprise at her question, and then quickly swallowed and stared at her apprehensively. It was as if she had read his mind, his thoughts of children. He cleared his throat, clearly feeling awkward, and turned his head away to think. W-Well, I... Um... He sighed. In the past, he might have tried to get out of telling the truth, for fear that the truth would make everything worse. But Adylaide somehow knew every time he was lying, and he had sworn not to lie anymore.

Truth be told, I... I wonder whether we might have... children... in the future, he said, trying to keep his voice light and calm as if this were not a very serious topic. But... we've hardly been married more than a week, and... I don't want you to feel pressured. I don't even know if you want kids ever, and, since I am not the one who must carry and birth them, I will defer to your wishes, as only seems right.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She hadn't meant to surprise him so. She actually wasn't certain why he was so surprised. He even stopped chewing. She furrowed her brow in thought. Trying to decide why he was so nervous. What had she said, she had simply asked about the future. What he saw for it?

However, with his next words she realized where his apprehension had come from and she chuckled.

She held up a dainty paw and moved near him. First I don't feel pressured. It hasn't been on my mind until recently if I am truthful. I would have told you a firm now had we lived where we came from. I would not bring children in a world where my parents could use them as pieces to barter with. But  now. yes I could see us with children. I just recently thought of how wonderful of a father you would make.

She grinned at him and thought about pointing out in order to have children they would need to do other pleasurable acts first, but thought she might give her precious husband a heart attack were she to be so blunt about it.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Adylaide silenced his ramblings, for which he was grateful. She was always so good at doing that, at quieting him and making him feel better when he mind spun out of control. He breathed easier as she spoke and was glad to know that she did not feel pressured by him to have children. And then...

"I just recently thought of how wonderful of a father you would make."

Ulrich stared at her with wide eyes, then looked down at his paws, shuffling them a little. You... You think I would make a wonderful father... he murmured, emotion tightening his throat. He swallowed. He wanted to disagree with her, for he was not sure of that sentiment himself. He had never been a father. How was he supposed to know how well he'd do the job? But... But if she thought he would be good at it, if the thought of it pleased her, then perhaps that would be enough. Perhaps he would believe her, just this once.

Thank you, he said, quietly, still not looking at her, too overcome to meet her gaze. He stepped forward and buried his nose in the fur of her neck. Funnily enough, the other day I had a thought that you'd make a wonderful mother.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady was glad that she could calm her husband so easily. Though she felt she had always been able too, even before they were an item. It made her feel special.

He was adorable in that moment with his wide eyes. And his shuffling of paws. She couldn't quite take her eyes off of him. Then he was there and it burned, but in such a good way, and she let a little gasp slip through her maw. She tilted and swirled. Her heart felt as if it was going to explode. So she placed her head as tightly as she could against his shoulder.

You're welcome. Well I don't know how good i Would be at it. But I would certainly do my very best.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mentions of heat and conceiving children

Ulrich stayed close to her and said nothing for a time, merely embracing her. He allowed himself a feeling of contentment. And then his overthinking brain came back on and he could not sit in the silence any longer. So... when do you... I mean... You haven't gone into heat yet-- Even thinking about that made him flustered and embarrassed, though it wasn't as if he had never been with a woman before. But... W-When do you... want children? We'll have to plan for them, to ensure we can provide for their needs. The pack is... coming along nicely, but are there enough members? If we add pups, will there be too many mouths to feed?

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Suggestion, Puppies etc

Ady enjoyed the brief moments that he held her tightly. It was soothing and made her warm under his touch.

No I haven't, but if I know myself and how everything works, which i do by now. I will soon enough.

She raised an ear and tilted her head forward. This wasn't entirely easy for her either. It felt so clinical, but also it was a conversation that was needed. She shifted and licked along the seam of her maw.

Well Ully, do you want children yet? Because if you do, we have very little time to prepare.

Ady moved and settled to her haunches. I think we are bringing more bodies into the pack lands. Which this will help with food caches and gathering. They can also help with den building.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
When did he want pups? He stepped back and stared at nothing over Adylaide's shoulder, trying to think. Think, think, think. Is that all he ever did. Maybe he should be more impulsive sometimes, but he did not feel that being impulsive about babies was a great idea. He took a breath. Well... I will be five years old soon, and if we wait til next year, I will be six, which is past my prime. He smiled tightly. I tried to warn you I was an old man but you wouldn't listen. But... if we want to start a family, perhaps earlier would be better, so that I still have the energy to help raise them. Now he hesitated. Yet doing this now feels a little rash. I... I don't know. I think in this matter I must leave the decision to you, or we'll never have pups.

She did make a good point about the others being able to help bring in more food and build dens. Yes, he said. And yet, for every piece of meat each one brings in, two pieces will be eaten, with pups. But... He sighed. Again, if we leave this up to me, I'm not sure I would ever feel ready enough. I suppose we must simply... act.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Nervousness eased along her spine. Had she overstepped. She hadn't meant to upset him or make him spiral. Her Ully was a thinker, a logical wolf to his bones, if she didn't find it so endearing it probably would have driven her mad. And honestly if it was anyone else it probably would have, but as they say. Love is blind, or at least ignores some things in regards to others.

Ady placed a paw right over his maw, pressing down with her dainty paws. Now i won't hear you talking badly of yourself Ulrich! I don't let anyone else do it and i for sure won't let you either.

Ady moved really close to him and slid her maw along his until she reached his ears. Then I guess i better find you when my season comes, shouldn't I.

She gave a breathy little laugh and backed up. She had made a decison and he would respect it she knew. It would be hard. They would have challenges, but she didn't care. She and Ully, far as she was concerned, could do anything, and she would tell him just that. 

We can do anything we set our mind to Ully. And that includes raising the best little ones.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich did not know how to feel about being shushed, except perhaps amused. Adylaide was adorable when she was trying to calm him down. He hoped he didn't annoy her when he got like this. But then... they had spent the last three years constantly in each other's presence, so if she were going to be annoyed, she would've gotten there already. Truly, he still did not know what she saw in him.

He closed his eyes and shuddered as she touched him, but she pulled away all too soon, and he shook himself a little to pay attention to her next words. If you believe in us, he said, with a smile, then so do I. His chest stopped feeling so tight and he breathed easier. Let's finish this rabbit, shall we?" he asked, gesturing at it.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady didn't think of her actions. She hardly ever did at least around Ulrich. In moments when it was strangers or nobles she had. But with him she didn't feel the need to keep up appearances for any reason. There was many things that Ady loved about Ulrich, and she'd be glad to tell him over and over again as much as he wanted.

Okay. She spoke clearly and moved to eat with him.

She would help him finish the rabbit, then a yawn would still across her face and she'd be ready to curl up in their den and sleep the night away. Wake up for another day.