Rising Sun Valley Sunshine riptide
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,377 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
Me: Okay two read only threads is enough
Me to me: Post another read only

Set right in the middle of Overture Downs and Stone Circle.
It took time, but eventually Reverie was certain Kvarsheim was near. It was dark, but she still recognized this place. If she was quick, she could be home before morning.
Instead she lingered and wondered what she would tell them. That she had gone looking for a wolf known as a menace with every intention of offering aid that likely wasn't needed at all? She'd only wanted to be useful, but she realized that she had been thoughtless. Desperate. She didn't want to be those things — and she didn't really want to be a healer, either. Not anymore. She would need to find something else, but other than an intense desire to help those she met, she wasn't sure at all what she was interested in pursuing. I don't want to be important, she thought, not the way Bjarna and Gunnar are. I just want…
What did she want?
She wanted to dance. It was silly, it was out of place and not at all where she'd meant to take that train of thought, but she was beginning to understand that… well, that was okay. Sometimes, she thought, we just need something simple and thoughtless, and it doesn't have to make sense. Medicine didn't always make sense; sometimes it seemed contradictory, and maybe it was the same way when it came to healing the mind. Maybe healing, in this moment, meant being a little silly; a little impractical, unthinking, untethered.
Maybe it meant dancing alone in the dark, dancing until the hurt faded away and everything else followed, until she didn't care if anyone found her and thought her absolutely mad. She was still hurt, after all. But then…
I am a little mad, aren't I? A bear, really!
She laughed at that, and danced under the stars until the world was nothing but air and light.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you