Two Rivers Isle A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Private 
@Adylaide

Ulrich had been thinking about his declaration of love that he'd made in the den a few days before, and the memory, while joyous, also made him cringe a little bit. All of it had seemed so... informal. And if he and Adylaide were going to call each other husband and wife now, he wanted that to carry more meaning. He wanted to do it right. He went out and collected a pine frond, clutched it between his teeth, and brought it back to the meadow that Adylaide had discovered. He thought she might like this location. He lay the frond on the ground and rolled on top of it for a bit, to make himself smell nicer and then howled for her and picked the frond back up in his mouth. He wished there were flowers to hold instead of this spiky green thing, but it would have to do in the winter. Besides, it was the thought that counted, wasn't it?

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Adylaide spent her days cutting out places amongst the land. Leaving her scent wherever she could , water, fur, claw marks. She preferred the trees and the  meadow to the rivers. The rivers still frightened her a bit from the day Ully had fallen in. The absolute fear that had transfixed her, she hadn't even felt it when she found her parents, or when they were running for their lives the first few nights after the attack. It just to lose him filled her with the upmost fear. And she spent the nights curled up next to him, as warm and happy as she could be.

She was on the side nearest the trees on the other side of where the meadow she had found was, when Ulrich's howl rose amongst the rolling hills of their little isle. She gave one last kick of her feet and then with small dainty paws loped towards his call. It was so lovely to see him anytime of day.

He stood there with a pine front in his teeth and she wondered at it, but she met him with her soft head all the same and a gentle sound in her throat for him.

Hello Ully!
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Now that she had appeared, Ulrich was suddenly all kinds of nervous. Just take a breath, he told himself, as she gently head-butted him in greeting. He put the pine frond down and cleared his throat. Ah, this is for you, he said, gesturing to it with a paw. I would've gotten flowers but... well, it's winter. At least this smells nice.

Now that she was here, all thought of what he had been about to say went flying out of his head and he found himself staring at her with wide eyes, trying desperately to remember. Um... He blinked. Vows! Yes. That's it. Um. He cleared his throat again. A-Adylaide, I've been thinking about... how we became mates, and... I'd like to do something more formal with you, if that's... a-all right? Back home, two wolves would get married, and we did say we considered ourselves married, but we had no wedding. Of course, there's no one here to officiate, but I thought we could... at least do a little something... on our own? He looked at her hopefully, his heart going a mile a minute, praying she wouldn't say no.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ully stood waiting for her. She looked him over after her initial greeting. He laid a pine frond between them, the musky scent of pine wafting up towards her. She liked the smell, it smelled of Ully now that they had filled their den with them. It clung to him spicy and musky all at once.

Ulrich stared, but said nothing at first. So she simply waited calmly and patiently for him. He got flustered at times and though it was adorable, she had learned to wait.

Warmth infused her entire body, and a brilliant smile lit up her face and eyes. Her tail wagged and she pranced in place. She looked down the apples of her cheeks growing hotter.

I would love too! But what exactly do we do?
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich sighed in relief. He wasn't sure why he had thought she'd say no. It was Adylaide, after all. Something romantic like this was surely right up her alley. Well, he began, I thought we might exchange some simple vows, and... that's all, really. Just... something in place to start our... new life together. Of course, we started weeks ago, but not as a couple. This is just to commemorate that. I thought I'd go first since it was my idea, but we don't have to do it now. He studied her face. If you need time to think of what to say, that's okay, too. We can do this whenever you feel comfortable...? Or you can listen to mine first to get an idea of what you might want to say. It can be whatever you want. Now he was afraid he may have put her on the spot, and cringed internally.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There was a sigh. A whisper of a sound came from his salt and pepper lips. Eyes of brown caressed over him and she felt a tightening even further in her chest, but it was the good kind of tight. The kind that only came from intense happiness.

Ully. She whispered quietly. To stop him, calm him before he spiraled. She moved closer until she was almost touching him and looked up at him. She bumped the underside of his chin. 

The best words are always sweetest when unplanned. So I'm ready when you are. You can go first. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Her tail moved behind her, gentle against the whites of her legs. A small smile on her maw as she waited. Hoping. Learning. Listening.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Somehow she always knew what to say, something he was a bit jealous of, if he admitted it to himself. The best words are always sweetest when unplanned. Well, he was glad of that because he had forgotten all the things he had wanted to say to her, so would have to start over from scratch, on the fly.

She stared up at him with a look of such love and expectation that he nearly turned and fled. But he could not do that to her. He screwed up his courage and stilled himself and looked inward, for all the things that he had ever wanted to tell her. And he spoke thus:

Adylaide, I have watched you grow up and become a beautiful young woman. Every time your parents tried to stick you with some noble, something inside of me screamed, but I always pushed that down and ignored it, for you were not... meant for me. At least, that is what I thought at the time. But, you see, I was wrong. And I have never been so glad to be wrong in my life, for you have made me... so happy. He voice cracked as he choked up and he took a moment to gather himself, clearing his throat.

I... I vow to stay by your side, no matter what. No matter where the wind takes us or what our lives become, I vow to be your husband and to do all that that entails. I vow to hunt for you and fight for you, to care for you in sickness, to... He struggled to find words here, but barreled on as quickly as he could. ... To love you for all of my days. Trying to find an official way to end his vows, he stole the words from home, from the officiant of the weddings there: So may it be.

There. Already he wanted to add a hundred more promises, but he made himself stop or they'd be there forever. And he longed to hear what she might say to all this.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Adylaid had done her best to always be upfront with Ully. To learn his moods and his ways, because she loved him. Wanted to make sure she could ease him.

Ady smiled as she watched him resolve himself to what he was about to say. Clearly he wanted to flee, much like he always did in times of high emotions, but he had always  made sure to hold strong for her. Always.

Ady listened and with each and every single word, her heart felt fuller, and her tears wanted to fall, but she held them back. Because she didn't want to send Ulrich into a panic and a tail spin.

Oh Ully. She whispered quietly. 

She cleared her throat and lifted her head. Ulrich, as I grew up and all those young nobles were thrown at me. I felt much the same. Each one I was appalled. Because simply put they were not you. Not my steadfast protector, my best friend, the salt and pepper man that was always there for me.  Her voice caught and she had to push through it. A thick feeling deep in her throat.

I vow to stay by your side always. I vow to always listen, always learn from you. I vow to be your wife and all that there is to that. To raise your children, to fight for you when you won't fight for yourself. I vow to worry for you when you won't worry for yourself. But above all I swear to love you until my dying breath.

Her smile was brilliant. So may it be.
[/quote]
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Steadfast protector. Best friend. Ulrich felt a warmth spread from his chest at these words. He'd always known he was her protector, yes, but her best friend? He smiled softly at that, a bit shyly. Somehow his love for her felt all the sweeter knowing that she had not only been pining for him as a lover, but as a friend.

To raise your children. He blinked, somewhat startled, but tried not to let it show on his face. He did not want to ruin this moment. Obviously, as a couple, he was sure they'd have children eventually. But the thought of... what came before the children still made him feel so many butterflies in his stomach. And then he thought of Adylaide, glowing with the love of motherhood, their children around her, and he felt so warm with love for her that he thought he might melt into a puddle at her paws.

He listened to the rest of her words, and then slowly leaned down and pressed his head to hers, closing his eyes, breathing deeply. Oh, my love. He felt settled, then, as if the universe had fallen into its rightful place.

232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ully had always been her very best friend, truthfully probably her only friend. She was not allowed to have friends. She could have women that kept her company, that served her. But never friends. The small shy smile that lit up his face, caused her breath to stilt.

Ady was not thinking of the making of children. Rather she was thinking of how he had been with the little mute wolf at the borders. How he had always been with her, and her siblings. Fatherhood fit him like a pelt. Covered all the spots and filled all the questions. He would make an amazing father and to her that was probably the most gorgeous thing.

His head to her head, and she licked the underside of his chin. Closing her own eyes in ecstasy. Pure love radiated from her. 

I love you, Ulrich. She spoke softly. Her voice gentle in the air, stirring it.
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
He wanted to hold onto this feeling forever. Wanted to stand here pressed to his wife for an eternity. Wanted to capture the essence of this moment. I love you, too, he whispered, almost afraid to speak and ruin this perfect slice in time. He did not know what tomorrow held. He did not even know what would happen an hour from now. Adylaide's parents had been killed so quickly that he had had no time to respond. Everything in his life had exploded into chaos in minutes. So he would hold onto this moment for as long as he could and carry the memory with him for life. Just in case.