Two Rivers Isle hydrometeorology
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
The sky ripped, loud enough to rouse Goliad from an uncomfortable sleep. As his eyes opened he felt the first drops of rain smack him across the snout, and splash his eyes, and he reared his head up with some offense and then awe - because he had never seen such rain! It poured within seconds of that skyward sound, and soon enough he was drenched despite the tree he'd taken shelter beneath.
The ground was soggy and cold, and soon enough the low patch of earth he thought was perfect for sleep, became some kind of lake; that's what he'd call it, although it was barely as wide as himself, and was getting very deep very quickly.
He erupted with a foreign expletive, lifting each paw and shaking it, overwhelmed by the sensations of the wetness and the cold that he was not accustomed to - and catlike, was too overwhelmed to do much beyond the high-stepping as his bed was submerged.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady heard the rain, saw it coming. She was doing her own patrol when the first fat drops fell. She raced around to check on all their wolf pack mates and found one bewildered and unsure. She didn't know this one, but they held the scent of Ully on them as she ran towards them. She had to yell to be heard of the deluge of raindrops. 

I'm Adylaide, Ulrich's wife. Come with me to higher ground.

She would motion for the fox like creature to follow her. Her brown eyes warm and kind as they always were. They needed to get away from teh lower lands and the rivers that ran between. This was one of the dangers of their pack lands. It was lovely further up on higher ground though.

She motioned again for the creature to follow her.
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The woman looked to be made of the rain herself—shimmering, a warm white like the sun upon snow—and for a moment Goliad thought she was a manifestation of something divine! Something from his father's stories; but his father's stories were rarely fantastical to that degree, and never centered upon womenfolk.
Besides, she was shouting. Who ever heard of a goddess that would raise her voice to a man?
Her motions and cajoling did not need to last long, as Goliad was eager to escape the sluice of the rain and find shelter, and she appeared to have the answer to his problem. He waded through the pit of water and slunk with his ears back, and tail almost to his belly, after her.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OMG i just saw that your picture is Ardeth Bay....i love him so much

As the other one moved close she was able to speak softer. I apologize for yelling, but I was fearful that you couldn't hear it.

She held herself lower to the ground. The rain pressing on all sides. She led the wolf as far as she could to higher ground. Once they were there, she ushered him towards some windbreaks and something to cover them and settled to her haunches to look out over it, her smile on her face.

Isn't it beautiful!  The rain fell down in sluicing arches, making little pebbles in the ground. Once the sun came out, it would make little rainbows she imagined. So pretty.

She looked over at the other male. What's your name?
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The Mummy changed so many lives ok, that movie is full of hot people!

He hurried to follow. Some of the path was rocky and his feet slipped along the surface of the bedrock, but before long the two were sequestered in a high orientation among trees, bushes, and boulders which formed a natural eaves.

The woman apologized; she said something else however - he almost missed it - about the beauty of the rain. Goliad's teeth were chattering and his short fur was sticking up all over in dark points where the rain soaked it.

I have other words for this, he managed to chatter; then he paused, as the woman asked for his name. Goliad.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It truly is. The Main cast is just *Chefs Kiss*

Ady wanted to reach out to help the other as he slipped, but he seemed to gather his feet well. And she was worried that he would take that as offense. Some wolves didn't like help, and she didn't know this one well enough yet to determine how he felt about it. Ady's tail curled around her paws in delight. 

Well it is wonderful to meet you Goliad. I'm afraid i wasn't at the border with my husband when you arrived. In case you didn't hear me over this loud rain. I'm Adylaide.

White tail swept once twice in greeting and then brown eyes went back to look out over the land, a small smile on her maw. 

I suppose that if you aren't used to the rain it can have other words attributed to it. But I like to find beauty in all things. It makes everything seem less daunting. Are you from somewhere that doesn't rain often?
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
This woman spoke a lot. It was more than he had heard from any woman in many days - even more than Beza, who had shared many whispers and frantic plans with him; and they had run together, Goliad and Beza, until they were overwhelmed by the winter and went their separate ways.
That was days ago. Her face drifted to him now while Adylaide prattled on, and Goliad did his best to listen through the chattering of his teeth, hunching close to the white-furred woman as if she were a white-hot flame who might dry his furs.
Her comment about the rain made him smirk; he wasn't sure if he was actually smiling or not, because his face was so cold, and to fix that he licked his lips and nose to try and instill some warmth there.=
My home is a place of sunshine, always. It is very hot in the day, and very cold in the night. We would get rain rarely - not like this, nothing like this! And your home here, it is much colder. He did not like it at all.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady was a talker. Especially lately. She had been more quiet and demure at home, but that had more bearing on who she was among than her own personal nature. Ulrich knew well how she liked to talk. She often imagined the man had learned to block out everything but the important stuff, because she was such a chatterbox.

Ady wouldn't dare embrace him as she did her husband, but she did move closer to offer her side for him to hunch against. The chattering of his teeth, alarmed her. His body was not used to such weather. They would need to find him a dry place to lay down in.

It gets warmer as the season's change. Once Spring begins to arrive it won't be so terrible at least cold wise. It will still rain quite a lot in spring. We should find you a den inside something. At least for these colder months and to stay dry from rain.
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
A den? He knew what it was, of course. It was not something built so much as found, in the desert. It was a place for wise women to make their predictions or healers to store things where they would dessicate and be turned in to medicines - and maybe, for mothers.
If it would save me from the rain -- but, would it not become a lake? A death trap! All this water must go somewhere. In the desert, it soaks in to the earth and can be found when moving deep within the caves. If his logic was sound, that meant a den in this wet, cold place would be flooded swiftly!
He thought for a moment this woman wanted him dead, which was ridiculous. She had no reason.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady nodded her head. Yes they are commonplace here in the Teekon. A pocket of space for warmth, and home.

It was almost a necessity in the wilds of these 4 seasons. When winter winds would come upon you, and freeze the marrow in your bones. When storms would rage and when the noon sun got too hot to allow you to breathe.

You would need to build it up on higher ground. And as long as you build it well, it will not leak. Some wolves even put cozy things in theirs like furs, and pelts to make the floor more comfortable.