Swiftcurrent Creek I got my fists on the kitchen table
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Joining 
Looking specifically for @Akavir, but anyone else of SC is welcome to join in as well.

The trip had been long, but the familiar scent of family washed a quick flood of relief over the woman.

Borders here were marked heavily, but the presence of Akavir couldn't have been mistaken. He was here, and Eislyn was more than eager to see him.

Showing some sense of respect for their territory, she would wait by the borderline after sending a call for her brother. Surely, even after their time apart, he would recognize her voice and come to greet her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He would recognize the voice of his sister anywhere—and his paws were nimble for a stocky wolf, barreling upon her as any big brother rightfully should—like a bat out of hell to her side, a grin on his face and looking to barrel into her with a welcoming hug, should she not evade him.

He pulled back, an appraising eye of concern and pride given to her as he suddenly realized his little sister just really wasn’t little any longer—and then worry, given their issues with stabilizing the creek. “What’re you doing wandering in winter?”
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The man who was once a boy — her eldest brother. 

When he appeared, he spared no moments to rush forward and embrace her. As an loving sister would, she accepted his closeness, evening adding a gentle, sisterly nudge to his shoulder.

What can you possibly mean? Unexpectedly, Lyn released a small laugh, expression buoyant. Winter is the best time to travel! Running through the snow reminds me so much of our childhood... A faded memory, but not yet lost to her. Besides, it's too hot or wet from rain during the other seasons. Her brother may have been serious due concern, but she found too much humor in it all.

When his own expression didn't give in, she gave a playful tap of her shoulder upon his own. Oh, come on— do I really need an excuse to come see my big brother? Everyone's been curious of what you've been up to, so I decided to finally shut them up and come see for myself. Swiveling an awed gaze around them, a spark flickered in her eyes. Seems you've been busy.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her words stirred a small chuckle from him—so carefree, he wondered vaguely what she had been up to the months prior. But he sobered quickly, eyes studying her, ensuring she had arrived in one piece—Durnehviir would have his hide should something have happened to one of her daughters.

A shoulder bump to his and he thought of their family, giving a gentle shake of his muzzle. “Well, you can tell them this is it. The creek has been established, just as dad wanted—but listen, we’ve had some trouble with a group of other wolves… So, yeah, I’m not overly fond of the idea of you traveling,” he countered, his muzzle bending down to nudge at her, coaxing her into the territory. “So is this a visit to report back to the ol’ parental unit on what’s happening here, or are you planning to stay for a time? ‘Cause I can’t let you stay if you don’t promise not to throw yourself into a bunch of fights.”

Because the idea of Eislyn getting involved with that corrupted crowd of wolves was not something he could let happen.
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She'd been right. He'd taken matters of independence upon himself; he'd built something in his own name. Their parents would surely be proud.

Oh, hush. You and I both know I'm more than capable of taking care of myself. I'm not a child anymore, as mother and father seem to slowly be forgetting... With a quick, annoyed roll of her hues towards the mention of her overprotective parents, Lyn happily fell in step beside Akavir as he led her further into what was his territory.

The question of whether she intended to stay surprised her, but she was quite glad he asked. If you would welcome me, I would like to stay. The claim is new, so I imagine you could use an extra set of paws to keep things together. At least here I can be at ease knowing I'll be treated like the full grown woman I am. Another reference to their overbearing parents.

But when it came to the mention of getting into fights, she couldn't but bark out a laugh. You think so little of me, brother, Lyn mused, whacking her tail against his flank playfully. I know how to behave.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He snorted, holding back a roll of his eyes as her tail thumped him. “Slow down, killer,” he hummed, and while he tried to keep upbeat as she did, there was still a gnawing worry at what Colt and his crew might try… and having his sister in the crossfires wasn’t ideal.

And yet she very deliberately mentioned staying to be treated like the adult she was—and casting her a sideways glance, he wondered if that was a warning for him to not baby her, and with a scowl, he only gave a brief dip of his muzzle in a silent agreement—at least, for now.

“Yeah. We could definitely use an extra body around here,” he agreed, grateful despite the circumstances. “What’re you good at these days, besides mayhem and mischief?”
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Me? Slow down? Maybe you should pick up the pace, dear brother, Wiggling her nostrils, a haughty grin curved along her lips.

Towards the question of her talents, Lyn gave a small shrug as if she had no answer. There were tasks she was more apt too, but there weren't any that she had taken enough interest to pursue in trade. I can hunt and patrol as well as any other. Mother taught me a thing or two of herbs as well, but I hated being holed up in the healer's den all through the days. So, in short, the latter option wasn't ideal. But really, she was open to anything else, if there was something in particular Akavir had an idea of.

Oh! And I'm good at bossing people around, She then added with an overly cunning glint in her eye. It was a joke, of course; but if anyone knew it, he would.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Bemused, she flared her nostrils at him and he cast a playful nip her way, aiming to miss. They remained in step, and as he brought her to the creek. “Well, for a quick rundown, we’re a small pack but we’re growing. My Beta’s name is Arric—you won’t miss him, I’m pretty sure he’s a giant. What’d be great is after you settle, maybe you could scout out some of the lands east of us, see what kind of herds are in the area?”

Apparently, he was good at bossing others around, too.
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Akavir went on explaining the lay of the land. A beta, he already had. Instantly, an idea came to mind when said title holder was mentioned.

A playful frown sunk her expression. You've chosen a beta already, without even having me here as a prospect? How cruel of you, brother.

While such a thing would have been nice, Lyn knew she was the furthest thing from a leader—in any sense. But it was still fun to jest, nonetheless.

Her joke of being bossy was caught on quick. He even dared make a show of his authority, and so hastily after her agreement to join too. It won't take me long to settle. Then I can get this little scouting trip of yours done and over with. Where she sounded as though she dreaded the idea of the task, she truly was relieved he'd given it to her. It would be an opportunity to know the territory better and even learn the herd's patterns. Such would be good to know for the following winter season.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Akavir shrugged at her jest. “Challenge him, then,” he offered, though there wasn’t much conviction to his words. He liked Arric and trusted the male—obviously. “But he’s built like a tank, so it’s kind of like running into a stone wall.”

When she moved to discuss the task ahead of her, the Mayfair gave a small nod, his light mood sobering slightly as he studied her. “It’s good to see you, Eislyn.” The prospect of running with one of his siblings once more as a pack mate was a comforting thought. To return back to a certain simplicity in life… Isn’t that what the creek had meant to be?
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Challenge him, then. What a nonchalant response. Typical of Akavir.

I doubt it would be worth the aches I'd feel later. Besides, I'd rather gain a title after having truly earned it... not by being an egotistical bitch. Only the most arrogant and ambitious would dare set up a challenge. It really just wasn't worth it.

It's good to see you too, Akavir, A smile, then a nudge to his shoulder.

How have you really been, aside from all this pack business?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He smirked at her words—and he knew she would prove herself soon enough. Eislyn would be a breath of fresh air here, he believed. And at her nudge, he leaned gently toward her without realizing, a brush of shoulders offering a certain solstice to the man.

A light frown barely whispered over his features before he pulled it back—unwilling to worry her too much. “Tired,” he admitted, his eyes sweeping down to study her. “How about you?”
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A look of concern fell upon him. You should be resting. No point in you leading a pack if you aren't at your peak. Leave the work to Arric for a while— then take some time to yourself. Hell, I'll help him even, if it means you get rested up. Now, this wasn't to say she thought the beta incapable. But everyone needed help every one in a while.

Lyn entirely ignored his returned query of her wellbeing. She cared only for him in this moment, muzzle brushing against his cheek with sisterly affection.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“I’m sure Arric is just as tired,” he mused with a small smile. After all—the giant of a man had been the one to help him hold the land as their own and sustain just as many injuries. “We’ll heal and rest over time.”

“When you’re out and about scouting and herding—if you happen to find a healer, that would be pretty handy right about now. Keep managing to get ourselves in some serious scraps.”
10 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
They were both tired. Heavens! She had her work cut out for her, didn't she!

Looks like I'll be taking over for both of you then, Lyn said with a teasing tone.

Over time— ?

To hell with that! He would rest now, if she had anything to say about it. And all that knew her were well aware she always had a say.

I think not— She bit back, a scornful, motherly expression upon her face. You will rest now. Both of you. Not later.

Oh— but he needed her help with another thing! If she wasn't already so sour, she may have found delight in this. It struck something within her- to know others needed her help.

Yeah, yeah... I'll keep my eye open for one. She brushed it off as if it meant nothing, but Akavir should have known better.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
804 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He huffed—she insisted he rest and so the ebony wolf wrapped up their tour, and in the end, would lure her to the river edge, eager to settle along its banks for a few hours rest and catch up with his younger sibling.

He had missed having family nearby.