Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
Arric moved through the pack lands boldly. Huge pawsteps taking up more ground than most could cover. The mind was silent, the borders also. It seemed the gang had left them alone for winter at least. Perhaps they had all died. Arric wasn't sure how he felt possibly being the reason for death so he left that thought alone.

There were new scents upon the borders, but the were intwined with Akavir so it was clear the boss man had allowed more entries. They were growing. It was nice. Really nice.

He stooped a momwnt to mark the border and watch as the sun rise.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He crossed the border near to where the man stood with his leg cocked, and slowed so that he'd approach Arric without surprising him. The scent of the man's piss was strong against the icy earth but Kilgitsuk made no mention of it. He called out with a chuff as he neared.

I have done a patrol of some places beyond the creek, he expressed, as this was Akavir's want, and he knew his report would get to the man through Arric. I did not find any trace of the wolves who attacked your people. If they live, they do not do it here.

It was good news.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Obsidian ears tilted backwards at the sound of another, and he turned his gaze to see the wolf Kilgitsuk. He finished his business and with his leg firmly on the ground he moved to the side and perked his ears forward to hear the report.

I look for them to come back in Spring. I hope i'm wrong, but that leader of their's was mean and foul. He won't take the slight of loss well.

Arric smiled. You did well. Thank you for scouting.

Did you meet any others to report on? Other than our allies?
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
There was no-one. Kilgitsuk answered.

He did not mention the scarred man on the mountain, or if he'd seen anything else. He had covered a lot of ground and nothing stood out as suspect to him. I could go on another long patrol in a day or two, once I've rested and eaten. He had spent so much time roaming and hunting for the villains that he hadn't done much else.

It is likely your attackers died from their wounds. The weather hasn't been kind, and from what I understand you and Akavir did a lot of damage to them. That, or they're smart enough not to try again.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric tilted an ear forward and listened with rapt attention. So they were no longer around. He frowned, unsure how he felt about that. It was great that they weren't there, but. He huffed, it was the unknown he didn't like. He didn't like that he didn't know if they had lived or died.

You take as long as you need to rest. If you haven't found them, perhaps you are right and they cannot be found because they perished. We will need you closer to home soon enough. When Jakoul has her pups, Akavir will probably be sticking close to her so I will need help on the borders.

Arric dipped and nodded. We did hurt them. It was what was needed.