Stone Circle Life alone makes me shake
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,381 Posts
Ooc — xynien
These two....my heart..
He apologized, and immediately Reverie felt this was wrong. No, no, I should apologize - The words came out breathless and soft. She'd wanted to see him smile. Instead she'd made him cry. I shouldn't have asked... Reverie regretted it now, and she too felt foolish — for how badly she'd needed the answer, for how little she'd cared for his feelings in that moment. If she was truly kind as Crowfeather thought, she never would have asked.
Have - have you ever seen a raindance? She asked abruptly, suddenly desperate to lighten his mood. Maybe he would let her dance for him. Maybe that would help.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I really hope they get to grow into great friends. ;w; She’s so wonderful.

Even in her kindness, she insisted that she should be the one to apologize. She said she should not have asked him something like that.

Crowfeather shook his head.

No, no, that’s how… how we might be friends. Asking questions. Learning things, he attempted to assure her. The dark figure offered a feeble smile. He also did not want to linger on the idea that he had cried on her shoulder. The shadow hadn’t even given her a real answer. He was lucky that she didn’t think he was cracked.

A- A raindance? I’ve never seen one. Can you show me?

Hope flooded his honeygold eyes.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,381 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Me tooooo <3 Crowfeather is just precious
Reverie still did not agree, not entirely, but she didn't want to argue with him. She wanted to dance for him. Her eyes lit up when he asked to see, as if he'd read her mind. Or maybe he was just — exactly the kind of person Reverie wanted as a friend. The kind who would hear about a dance he'd never seen and immediately want to know it. The kind who would look so hopeful at the idea of sharing in such art.
She nodded and stepped back, her whole demeanor changing as she gave herself space for the dance. Dancing was what Reverie was made for, it was stained into the glass bones of her, and she was confident in this if nothing else.
How long since she last dared to become the flames? To feel their heat on her skin, wrapping around her, drawing her through the elegant flickering movement of this sacred dance. Once-sacred.
Somewhere along the way Reverie had dropped her faith into the snow of the Teekon Wilds and left it there; it was a quiet thing, a subtle thing, a knowing that came with time and experience. Mother Rain and Father Fire had no power here. Perhaps they'd never had any, and this power was her own; this, the one thing she truly loved without reservation. Not her faith or her purity, or anything else that might be defined by someone else. Something that was truly hers.
So she danced for Crowfeather; she became the flames, the light that followed them, and she did it for no one but them. For him, and for herself. In this moment nothing else existed; not Kvarsheim or Riverclan or any of the world beyond. It was only them.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather was blessed by her gift. The dance she showed him was light-footed magic!

In a matter of moments, Reverie had washed away the sorrow that clung to his shadowed features. A smile sprouted and grew. The dark star thought that he was fortunate to know the girl and to be forgiven for their first impressions. That she would give this show to him-

The shadow was a perfect guest. He laughed joyously while his dark tail flagged for her.

Compliment after compliment, Crowfeather showered Reverie with positive words of encouragement. When they finally parted ways, the three-legged star felt that a piece of him had been healed.