Hideaway Strath Lost Memory
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pack Activity 
@Arashi @Adlartok @Skelle @Fenrir @Sovereign @Maiken @Arlette @Khasni, Set for early sunrise, 1/13/2023 and this song, I imagine playing in the background: link

Fury for the first time stood at the base of the Gathering Rock she had more than once been atop of.
Her fiery amber gaze looked up at the top, where she visualized her daughter standing taller and fiercer than even she. 
With a low call, the Fullvalda summoned everyone to the scene.
She would wait with the remainder of the Hemlock she had spoken of to her husband, from deep within the cavern system where Vein and Arlette once made their gardens.

"Thank you all for coming." She would say, voice clear and ringing for all to hear, "It is with a heavy heart this dawn that I call you all together." She would wait for a long pause before she continued on.
"My past within these Wilds is full of strife. And it is due to my recklessness that you are in danger. I believe my life is what must be paid for peace to you, my clansmen." She fought the tears that threatened the edges of her voice. 
"I will be gone, by the time the sun rises over the mountains today. In my stead, I leave my daughter as Fullvalda of Hildibrandr, and my husband Arashi at her side where he is now, as Jotunn." She declared. 
Her amber gaze freely wet and crying now, she made eye contact with each present member of the pack.
"Spread word of my death, but do not tell the truth of your involvement with me to anyone outside of Hildibrandr. Say instead that I was killed and eaten by a bear." She instructed. 

"It has been my honor to lead you all. My last request from everyone is that you witness my death and bury me where no others will find my body." 
Fury glanced down at the Hemlock plant, where she had very clearly bitten off a decent amount. 

It was only a matter of time now. 

Fury slowly eased herself to lie down in the plush snows as the effects of the poisonous plant began to take hold over her.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok was summoned and he frowned as she spoke. Stared at the plant and then took a deep breath. He shook his head, but bowed his head and then his knee to the war queen.

Rest Easy Fury.

Then he'd lift his head and watch. It wasn't kind to look away. He owed her that much, to not look away from her pain or her death. It was something that must be remembered, given that she was doing it for all of them.

He wanted to argue that it was pointless, but it wasn't his choice. He'd go find Sovereign if she wanted his presence after.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken saw the night shade at Fury's feet and a small whimper left her maw. She knew what that was, what it could do. Oh what was the warcheif thinking.

She covered her muzzle with her paw, and blinked at the tears that threatened to take her over. How awful, at least it was mostly painless, but this was not okay. None of this was okay.

She shivered, but bowed her head. Ha det
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He could say nothing. No one would even dare hear a breath from the man.

Near the stone he sat, head fallen with no intention of lifting. There was no gaze he would meet—not even that of his... well, who had been, his wife.

No .... she who always would be his wife. His only.

Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign will be singing This Song please note this song by Wardruna is likely not a part of IRL Nordic traditions, but for this it felt very fitting. For the sake of this thread, please listen to it all the way through Sov will be singing in Norwegian but I've included the english translation text for easy context and reading for y'all <3

Sovereign was still healing.
Yet she stood strong beside her mother as the Warqueen gave her speech.
It would seem the child had already been told of what Fury was doing. 
She did not like it, and part of her was still in shock at the reality of it all.

Yet as each wolf gave their last respects in unison, the now-Fullvalda would raise her voice in solemn song as her mother lay dying. 
Her song would be beautiful and mourn-filled, tears rolling down her cheeks as she fought to keep her voice smooth for the sake of the great she-wolf lying before them all.

"Who will sing me
In the death-sleep sling me
When I walk the road to Hel
And the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

I sought the songs,
I sent the songs,
when the deepest well
offered drops so mighty 
of Allfather's pledge

I know it all, Odin!
Where you hid your eye

Who will sing me
In the death-sleep sling me
When I walk the road to Hel
and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

Early or in fading day
still the Raven knows if I fall

When you stand by the gate of Hel
and when you must tear loose
Follow you I shall, across the bridge of Gjöll with my song
You become free from the bonds that bind you,
You are free from the bonds that bound you

Cattle die, 
kinsmen die, 
the self must also die.
But glory of reputation never dies,
for the kinsman who can get themself a good one...
Cattle die,
Kinsmen die,
The self must also die,
I know one thing that never dies:
the reputation of each dead wolf." 

Upon the end of her song, Sov hitched and bent her head to her mother's cheek, nose pressing into her pale furs.

"I will make you proud." She promised through her tears.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
RIP 
This is Fury's passing post. I'm so glad y'all loved her so much and thank you to everyone who watched her grow into such a fierce lady <333

The Warqueen's focus faded in and out as the poison took over her system.
She smelled Arashi there, felt the presence of her daughter who she could no longer protect...
Fury smiled softly as Adlartok and Maiken bowed, and said their final words to her before Sovereign melted into mournful song, a song she had taught her for funerals and royal passings. 

Fury held on as her daughter sung, fighting tears. 
And she rumbled weakly yet fondly as Sovereign pressed nose to cheek and murmured a vow for her ears.

"I know you will....Take care of each other for me." Fury uttered, hopefully loud enough for everyone to hear despite the weakness of her voice. 
"I love you all." Fury rumbled, for the final time. 

Only mere moments later, she exhaled slowly for the last time, and her body was stilled forever. 
Her spirit was in Valhalla now, and her corpse lie in eternal peace in the snow, surrounded by those who had stayed to love her the most.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls