Moonspear daughter
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 
tomorrow.
"little brother," chakliux murmured to @Quennell.
"this is the last night i lay in healing with you. tell me what you want from beyond this ulaq. i will find it for you."
336 Posts
Ooc —
and little brother he was.

foul mood and filled with a great jealousy. he knew that it was good for seal hunter to go beyond!

yet he feared the man would move on and forget him while he still laid in healing. seal hunter had so much waiting for him beyond. he supposed that he did too, but it all felt so far away.

trapped beyond the passage of healing.

everybody would continue onward and he would be forgotten of. left to rot in the den when his healing did not prove quick.

he feared this more than any bear, he realized.

dunno, he hid the wet shine in his eyes with a soft turning of his face into his own body. hiding in a shamed way.
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
the boy's spirit ached. chakliux felt as though he had touched some part of this in his time of healing. "the rain woman says i must not hunt for five days." his mouth twitched. "i will come back. i will show you how to make things for trade, even while you lie in healing."
the younger wolf must be useful. it would keep his mind focused upon growing stronger.
"little brother. when you come to my lodge there will be many things to do."
336 Posts
Ooc —
who wanted to trade with him?

he only gave out curses and tore things apart. perhaps he'd be no good as a little brother of a village.

these swings of negativity seemed to come harder the last few days.

it not be 'bout t'ings, seal 'unter.

his voice felt small in his own throat.
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"then what is it about, kokak?" chakliux asked, voice filling the ulaq with a hardness he had not intended. he let out his breath, allowed a moment to pass, and then went on.
"it is difficult to lie here. but it is more difficult to live in your mind while your body heals. it is hard to leave your thoughts once you make a lodge among them."
336 Posts
Ooc —
kokak.

he did not know this word and yet he felt the blow of it against his soul in the way seal hunter spoke.

it be 'bout de company.

his voice grew smaller, tighter. he felt horribly small before the man.
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux did not understand.
"is it me you speak of? or others?"
the voice of a man who is not ready to be father yet, but able to hold the role of an elder brother.
336 Posts
Ooc —
i dunno!

and he felt the strain of his voice. followed just as swiftly by shame. an apologetic look plastered across his face even as his brows knitted softly.

everybody...everybody be movin' on. be doin' t'ings. beyond dis place.

where he would lay for who knew how long.

he could only think of how many sunrises more he would see. how many more restless nights he would spend in here.

he suddenly grew tired in a spiritual way at the thought.
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"yes. everyone moves forward." but he understood. "i know you are frustrated to lie here. that is why it is important to find a purpose. you will not be here forever."
he clicked his tongue. "do you want me to come and visit you, little brother?"
336 Posts
Ooc —
purpose this and purpose that.

he knew it was right, but it felt hard when he could not even walk by himself now. someday, maybe. but when? with who?

will you?

he asked, hoarse and tired. overwhelmed and overstimulated by his own emotions.
Moontide
First Warrior
817 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"i promise you that i will."
in the gloom, he turned his head, seeking the angry boy's face even if they could not truly see one another.
trust was earned.