Redhawk Caldera To pay a visit to a better life
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
obvi timed loosely

It was a much needed break but it had to end eventually. Bridget split from Sorana as soon as they came back, knowing she should check in on Ani. She would do that soon.

She was completely unaware of Reyes’ visit and the Redhawks after. Before she did anything she was going to take a break; the trip back had worn her out.

The medic made her way to the stream, took a long drink from the icy water, and then settled down beside it with her head propped on her forelegs and her eyes on the opposite bank. It was going to be a busy spring, between Teya and Maia and the kids getting just old enough to get into actual trouble. It would get easier when the flowers began to bloom - she was running short on a few things that would really be useful for Ani right now. She’d made do with winter alternatives but she’d need to stock up a little more this year. The amount she’d saved last year hadn’t cut it for a few of them.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
been waiting to throw Amalia at her

Amalia had left Mereo and Epoch with a confused air. The male Phox hadn't been there when she had returned to collect him and she was a bit disappointed. Not that he didn't want to walk with her, but that he had lied. That didn't sit well with the obsidian girl. Then she had caught his scent on the wind here. Why didn't he just tell her no thank you, instead of being rude?

It was these thoughts that she moved into the pack lands and then towards the stream, but she stopped when she almost stumbled upon another.

Oh Goodness. I'm sorry. Hi.

Large black body baked up from the creamy pelage of the other lady. The healer if she wasn't mistaken, but she couldn't remember her name.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
<3!

She wasn’t paying enough attention to realize until Amalia was already apologizing for almost tripping over her. Bridget laughed, sitting up so that she could better see her packmate. She knew someone had joined prior to her leaving but hadn’t had the chance to meet her yet. She was cute.

It’s no biggie. Happens all the time. Probably my extremely grass-like…. She paused, then laughed again. Nope. Got nothing - bad joke. Anyway, I’m Bridget. Nice to meet you.

She took her in while she spoke, finding she reminded her a bit of the woman she’d met on the coast. But unlike her, this one seemed to actually want the company. Shit, what was her name? She wasn’t sure she’d ever gotten one - big failure on her end. She should have asked El or Maia.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Lavender eyes stared at her and Amalia had no words for a moment. But she did offer a huge smile, green eyes lighting up in greeting. The healer didn't seem to mind her clodhopper feet, so for that she was grateful.

Hello Bridget. I'm Amalia! A gentle laugh trilled from her. I'm sure had you thought of a joke it would have been a winner, but I adore laughing so. I may not be the best judge.

Amalia backed up a little further to give the girl space. I hope I'm not intruding. Would you like me to go elsewhere?

Amalia had felt as if she was forcing interactions lately and it stung a bit, and also made her feel a little blue. She was trying to get her carefree nature, back, but sometimes it could be hard to press on.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Amalia! Perfect. Bridget noted it to memory and shook her head emphatically. Absolutely not! I’ve been out and just got back, so was lazing a little. As far as I’m concerned, meeting you and catching up gives me a better excuse for it. She smiled warmly, ensuring Amalia knew that it was a sincere offer.

It was refreshing, meeting someone who wasn’t her niece but who also wasn’t currently wrapped up in a relationship and set on springtime and the pup craze. Not that she knew Amalia’s future plans yet, if any…. but their conversation didn’t have to have a dozen unsaid things behind it.

You’re a friend of Maia’s, right? The one who brought gifts for the kids? The shells were very cool. They were showing them off to anyone who’d stop to listen for a week at least. Bridget thought she recognized the name now that Amalia had given it.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Large black body, nosed around Bridget and settled to her haunches so she could speak to her. Nothing wrong with being lazy. Sometimes it's nice to break up the routine of everyday living with a little rest.

Amalia hadn't thought much about puppies and breeding and all that it entailed. Lestan had brought it up and it had been an uncomfortable conversation. Only because Amalia just wasn't sure what she wanted. No one had interested and she still felt rather adrift as it were.

A nod of her head and a quick smile. Yes. Maia was the first wolf i met in the Teekon actually. Had I know she was accepting pack members I'd have joined that day, but it was nice to knock around the wilds a bit before settling. Yes, i always liked pretty things that made noise as a child.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget heavily agreed. She might not always take her own advice all that well, but as a medic and a counselor, rest was the usual doctor’s orders. It applied in a surprising number of situations for both trades.

I’ll have to tell her she needs to work on her recruiting. Bridget said with a grin, then winked and shook her head. Or probably not. She’s pretty new to the whole Auspex thing, but has done a great job so far. She was glad she’d chosen to support her, though she still felt Teya would have done just fine as well.

I could have used a little more of that as a kid, maybe. I was so busy making my own noise I barely stopped to notice. She’d been such a little shit when she was younger. I did similar, when I came here. Wandered around and joined another pack for a while, which is where I met Teya. It didn’t last long, but it was nice to see some other places. She looked at Amalia, inviting her to talk a little about her experiences if she wanted to.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was not a restful wolf by nature either. Especially when her pack needed her to be busy and doing something to better their lives. Though the one time she had run from natigvik to moonglow in five days, she had needed rest.

Amalia chuckled and returned the wink, her tongue gently lolling out at the joy in the air. Green eyes sparking with happiness. It was nice to meet some as carefree as she in the moment.

I joined Natigvik first. And I loved it there. I also loved my leaders, but then our leader Kigipigak was sent away back to tartok and things got hard. Upon his return he brought a stranger into our borders and there had been attacks of women. So without thinking, because i didn't notice him I attacked the newcomer, who crossed our borders. THen well it sort of spiraled. And i got in trouble and felt pretty bad. Then we moved to moonglow.

A complicated feeling hit her chest and she continued. Where the girl and i fought again and i realized. I couldn't be around her. I felt wronged and betrayed and a lot of other really complicated things. My peace shattered. So then i came here. And am trying to piece my peace back together.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget frowned when she talked about attacks on women, then even deeper when she said she was looked down on for wanting to protect against that. That’s definitely not unreasonable. You were doing what you thought was right for the pack, it’s pretty shitty of them not to recognize that. Sorry, if that’s harsh. She amended right away, not sure how Amalia felt about the language. Still… it ticked her off, how unreasonable some wolves could be at times, reading the wrong intentions!

You couldn’t have come to a better place, though, if you are looking for peace! We’re thrilled to have you. Their loss was the Caldera’s gain, but she’d like to go have a word with whoever decided defending borders was worth a punishment. Believe it or not, I’ve been on the other end of that. I was attacked on these borders by someone in the last pack to claim this place. But I got why, and there weren’t any hard feelings. Towhee’s daughter had just been on the defense, and she had never wanted Teya to go get an apology on her behalf. It was hardly worth it, since the entire thing was just a big misunderstanding.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia tilted ears forward and back up. I suppose they were upset, because Kigipigak was there as well. I just didn't see him at first. But you are right. I had good intentions. Then things just sort of snowballed out of control!

She raised paws and then set them back down. harsh language doesn't bother me. I just don't use it myself, unless I'm quite enraged.

Amalia smiled and thumped her tail on the ground and looked around. So far I love it here. And those I have met, have been very kind. Though a small frown lifted at the very edges.

That was not how the younger girl took it, but perhaps it was all handled badly on all ends even my own. But I am here now and she is there.

Amalia shook her head as if shaking a fly, moving her thoughts from the topic at hand. You are a healer? I smell herbs on you?
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
What she said was fair and was also, it seemed, how most around Brecheliant were. I’m the odd one out in that regard, most days. It’s not an official prescription, but I find it helps to let off a little steam every once in a while. Keep that anger from building pressure.

Amalia at least seemed a little less down on herself about the situation, which Bridget would take as enough of a win to be satisfied for the moment.

I am. Trained by one of the best and designated ‘not a completely liability to the trade’. She winked, then chuckled and finished with a little more sincerity. It’s nice to be able to help, even if I can’t always do much.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She chuckled at the woman's words. She could understand the want to blow off steam, but usually when she wanted to do that she ran, but it felt in poor taste to say such a thing. But it also felt like she was being mean if she also didn't share it, because she was thinking of Bridget's wound not the wolf.

I run when that happens. Just full tilt. All holds barred run.

Amalia allowed a chuckle to raise into the air, lilting and soft. WEll that's cetainly good.

She shook her head. I am sure you can do more than you think you can. My brother is a healer. Well Alaric is a healer, and a story teller, and a trader, but he is quite versed in healing. It is how he makes his life.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Not bad. Works better when you have someone to race though. At least, for me it does. She said with an appreciative laugh, enjoying this company immensely. Amalia was pretty, of course, but she was also extremely friendly and easy to talk to. It was nice having someone who knew how to do some of the work in upholding the conversation. In a few ways it reminded her of the times she’d spoken with Bronco.

Sounds like an overachiever. Bridget wrinkled her nose playfully, but then laughed to show she meant nothing real by it. That’s neat, though, that you have a brother like that. And that he’s someone you care about. Teya’s pretty much a sister to me, but outside of that, I’m all my parents had. And what was between her and Teya was always going to be more complicated than sisterhood, but it was the simplest way to put it and the the line that it helped to repeat. If nothing else, she would hold onto that.

I think kids deserve to have siblings. They need someone to depend on when they can’t depend on you. She thought of Sorana and how lucky it was that she at least had Eljay’s kids to fill the role.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She nodded. I agree. But sometimes too you need time to just exist in your own thoughts. At least I do at any rate. Amalia liked to talk, possibly entirely too much, but that hadn't stopped her yet.

Amalia wrinkled her nose. I know isn't he annoying. Though she held not malice in her words, there was mirth in her voice and in her eyes. She loved her brother despite that he was indeed an overachiever, but she wasn't sure if she would go that far, or just say. He had no idea what he wanted to do so he just did whatever he felt like in the moment.

Amalia nodded. I do too. There's a connection there you don't get elsewhere. And it's nice to know in most cases someone always has your back.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
True! You might be too close of siblings, if you are even sharing thoughts. I don’t think it’d be worth the lack of privacy, even if it sounds like a cool power initially. Bridget lightly teased back. She knew what Amalia had meant, but the image of siblings sharing some kind of mind link abilities was too funny to let go.

It was nice that she seemed to genuinely care about her brother though. It had to be strange knowing there was someone out there who knew all your stories and probably understood you better even than your own parents. For the first time Bridget wondered if her own parents had wound up with more children after she left. If so, it was a shame she’d never get to meet them.

It must be. Bridget smiled, making the statement warm and without a hint of self-pity. It wasn’t Amalia’s fault (or problem) that Bridget had never really had that. She’d thought for a while she might with Teya, but lately even their friendship seemed strained in odd ways. Maybe I’ll get the chance to meet him someday. It’s always fun to talk with other healers and find out what they know and if there’s anything to learn from them.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A soft chuckle. How horrifying to have Alaric be able to read her thoughts. She'd probably cause so many fights, or he'd tease her absolutely incessantly.

Amalia didn't know if her parents had anymore after she and Alaric and Austria. Her parents had such a hard time having them. She sort of hoped they didn't, just cause she didn't want harm to come to them.

He lives in Moonspear, so if you head that way.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
gonna fade this but maybe they can have another fresh one soon!

I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for him. She went that way fairly often so it wouldn’t be a hard thing to do. It was nice that she apparently had her brother so close.

I might go fishing for a bit, if you want to join? It was always a bit more bearable with company, though she wouldn’t hold it against her if Amalia had other things to do.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Works for me. Thank you for the thread.

SOmetimes it was nice, sometimes not. Alaric was, well he was his own wolf. There wasn't much more to be said about him in that aspect at any rate.

Oh i'd love to go. I like to fish. She'd follow behind with a happy step and talk the poor healers ear off if she'd let her.