Shadow Mountain nalaktuk
15 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
A light snow had started to fall. It dusted Silanga across the shoulders with more white and aged her tremendously, although she did not notice. Her heart ached; she thought only of Anituk now and imagined how the man might react to seeing this mountain and its snowy paths.
She thought of his voice and the way it would carry songs. The many times his talking had broken the stillness of a hunt. How, when she had her bad days, he would make up stories so fluidly so that she would laugh! It was only stillness now — the falling snow all Silanga could hear.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Learn Mereo from above.

Yet he had climbed so high that the young wolf now walked upon a snowy mountain. Flakes spiraled around him as he turned to look at the world below. The paths were dangerous above him. He had looked to them for a safer way to climb higher. Cad wasn’t certain that there would be a way to achieve this goal.

But he had a beautiful view of the canyon, below.

Moss green eyes traced the outline of Mereo, studying it. A dark figure drew his gaze. For a moment, he had thought that the Imperator had joined him upon the slopes. This figure was a stranger, though. She gazed upon the snow reverently.

A musical note was chuffed from the back of his throat to announce his presence.
15 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
At first when the song touched the air, she thought she'd imagined it, and did not turn to greet the face that watched from afar. Silanga breathed deeply and closed her eyes instead; she imagined that small note had been a memory from another time, and thought of a prayer to chant over the falling snow to compensate for how she felt.

As her mouth opened, she mumbled something very softly, and her eyes became half-lidded. That was when she glimpsed an approaching figure who stood so near, and glimmered where the snow caught upon his silver coat. The sight of him surprised Silanga of course, but mostly it was the understanding she had not imagined the sound at all!

Oh, hello. She dipped hear head hastily, and planted a tired smile upon her face; she often smiled back home, but this felt forced, and gave her an uneasy look. I thought — oh, something about ghosts, I suppose. That I was alone here.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Cad smiled to her.

The woman said that she had thought something about ghosts, that she was alone. The young soldier drew nearer, silver legs carrying him hurriedly. The young figure stopped a short distance from where the old woman was. He thought she looked quite nice, surrounded by the white of winter. The lighter hairs of her face were vibrant, brought out by the snow.

I’m sorry, ma’am. I can leave you, if you’d prefer the peace.

Cad didn’t want to spoil her contemplation, if that was what she sought on the cold mountain. There was a small chance that she might like the company. He gravitated toward that.

I’m Cad, ma’am. What’s your name?
15 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Ma'am? Did she really look so old? But she licked her lips as she thought about it, and knew how gray her face was. Of the ponch that she carried after having her daughter. Without her family of hunters she had let herself go, somewhat. She smiled.

I am Silanga. She gave a small nod of her head, her gaze briefly unfocused as she dwelled in the realm of memories. She was haunted in that sense. It is nice to meet a friendly face. This was a genuine appraisal; she looked upon him kindly, softly, and wished to herself she could be better company - less morose, as it were.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Silanga, he repeated her name to her. The tone of his voice was like a soft melody. There was reverence, even in this meeting.

It’s a pleasure to meet you.

There would be no mistaking it, the medic’s words were genuine. His lips curled into a sweet smile. The moss green of his eyes glinted in the snow. He would not forget her face. He would not forget her name, either. There was importance to meeting someone new.

I’m Cad. I’ve been scouting the area from above. To get to know the canyon better.

The boy’s peachy face pointed down to Mereo.