Stone Circle I should tell you..
Raventhorpe
NPC
Trans Male -- He/Him -- Should be misgendered upon first encounter though
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
made this thread for ethan to tell bjarna and gunnar that he's mated and is expecting. its been over 2 weeks since conception so he's able to kinda know by now. basic symptoms starting to hit him

After the meeting, Ethan knew he should tell @Gunnar and @Bjarna about his mating. He would've asked them permission beforehand, if he had known he was supposed to, but he hadn't, and now he had a hunch he was expecting pups, as morning nausea had started to hit him these past few days, so they really needed to know. 

He padded up to Gunnars den, hoping Bjarna was there too. "Gunnar?" He called in.
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
372 Posts
Ooc —
bjarna had been nearby, tending to the stores that @Gunnar kept. she wished to make sure her father bear had all he might need as they trudged onward through winter.

only to hear the voice of another instead.

a small, rounded ear flicked softly.

bjarna had been too young to remember the early days of mother bear's own pregnancy. so she saw nothing different in the wolf of kvarsheim at this moment.

hallo, ethan. her limp tail waved behind her. halp?

she figured gunnar would emerge soon.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the call and pushed himself up to shaky paws. He stood for a moment inside the den as the aches and pains that plagued him kicked up a notch. He had been standing still too long that day. He took one breath and then two, then he pushed himself through the opening with a smile on his face.

Hello Ethan, Bjarna. He weaved his tail behind him. Ears forward, masked grey eyes wide open as he waited to hear what the youth had to say.

Though he made a note to say to Bjarna. Enskan þín er að batna
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Uhm, so, I heard what you said at the meeting about coming to the two of you for permission to mate and stuff, as to not get any surprise pups, but uh, I already had.. and I think I'm expecting. It may be too soon to tell but some early signs have shown, like constant headaches and sickness in the morning." Ethan said, shuffling his feet. He wasn't sure if he'd get in trouble. "I dont know how to say any of that in icelandic, you gotta help with the translating Gunnar." Ethan added but he assumed the older man already knew that.
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
372 Posts
Ooc —
gunnar was there! sweet as father bear could be ever.

she gave him a wide smile, then composed herself once more. now settled into her role. her eyes fixed upon the face of ethan. ethan who suddenly spoke at great lengthe.

bjarna only picked up words here and there. the bigger meaning at hand seemed to slide over her head.

she blinked and looked to father bear.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar blinked and though he was a little disappointed that Ethan had gone and bred without permission. He couldn't blame the boy, because frankly they hadn't made it a big thing, until then. And they weren't not allowing it, just wanted a heads up. Which they were being given.

He repeated everything in icelandic to Bjarna and then spoke softly in icelandic and english.

Thank you for telling us. In the future i would prefer before, not after, but I understand you didn't know. Bjarna do you have anything to add?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan dipped his head. “Now that I am aware of things I will 100% come to you before i breed.” He promised. “I apologize for not doing that this time, had I known I was supposed to, I would’ve.” He added
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
gunnar took it with grace.

bjarna felt it like a slap and she could not pinpoint why. her and gunnar did all they could for kvarsheim, they asked but one thing! and then — this!

there was a solemnness over the usually radiant bear child.

ég er móðgaður. ég samþykki ekki.

and she looked only to gunnar now, with a hardness in her blue eyes.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was not fond of what had happened, but he also couldn't undo it. And he had been illegitimate once upon a time, perhaps that is why he handled it a might better than Bjarna did, but the simple fact was. He was not a sole leader, so he looked at her with grey eyes and held up a paw to Ethan.

One moment.

He turned to face Bjarna. Hvað viltu gera?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan was not sure what Bjarna said but he could sense her tone and Gunnar told him to wait. He hoped the young girl would take what Gunnar said and listen to his words of more experience but he knew he had to accept what she said as well
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
an insult, was all she saw it for.

how could she not? how did gunnar not?

how did one go out and create a whole life so suddenly without any thought? without any questions or concerns? perhaps abandonment reared its ugly head in her mind.

börnin geta átt heimili.

her voice stayed steady, even if what she say may have hurt.

en ég get ekki gefið einhverjum heimili sem hugsar ekki um okkur. um kvarsheim.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Again his certain circumstances had colored is opinion of it. However, it was different than his mother's circumstance and he had to weight that in. After all, it had been his mother's first heat and she had been unknowing. This was not Ethan's, therefore he knew himself.

Gunnar licked the seam of his lip and spoke softly. Mínar eigin aðstæður lita kannski skoðun mína

He frowned as he thought of what to say. mamma var ein sem átti börn í svona aðstæðum. þannig varð ég til, en þetta var hennar fyrsta hita og hún vissi ekki betur. Ethan, gerir það. Mjög vel. Ethan verður að vera eins lengi og hvolparnir nærast, við eigum engar aðrar brjóstamæður. Eða við getum boðið þeim að fara núna. Hvað viltu gera? Mundu að börnin hans mega líka fara, og Kavarsheim yrði niður tveimur úlfum.

Gunnar nudged the girl with his head and then turned to Ethan ready to deliver, what would very much hurt the boy. But he was not the full leader, there were two of them, and he was merely mostly a figurehead. Allowing Bjarna full exodus of what she wished, because he wouldn't be here forever.
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan had no idea what was being said. So many words in a language unknown to him were being thrown around but Bjarnas sounded harsh and Gunnars expression scared him. He didn't want to interrupt but he was scared. "Wh-whats going on?" He asked, turning to Gunnar.
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
hann má vera þar til þeir borða kjöt.

she paused, a frown.

ef hann vill fara fyrr mun ég ekki stoppa hann.

she would only think of the babes. think of the way she had been left behind when none could care for her, how another had taken up the mantle of mother for her. what would mother bear have done at a time like this?

bjarna had wanted to be joyous for spring, now she felt it could not be. she wished to retreat in upon herself at once.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar took a deep breath and shifted to look over Ethan. His eyes kind, but also firm. He would be the bad guy here, he moved a perceptible inch in front of Bjarna he didn't think Ethan would attack her, but he wasn't about to risk it either.

He spoke his words in both English and Icelandic so Bjarna heard all he was saying.

We were having a conversation about the rules here. And we have decided that since you didn't ask permission. You cannot stay. The pups can stay here, even if you do not. And you are welcome to stay while the babes are born, and until they eat meat. And then if you don't wish to take them with you. One of us can adopt them.

Gunnar spoke again. this is our final decision.
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
What. The. Fuck. Those were the three words that immediately came to his head. What was Bjarnas problem with him?! Didn't she know he was loyal and didn't mean anything by this? He had no idea of the rules. He'd never lived in a pack before! Ethan started to shake. Half with rage, half with shock. "You mean, you're kicking me out of the pack, for good? I came here to be safe. To hope I could have a home this year around when I have my pups. But if I'm so unwanted, I'm leaving now with my unborn young, and Ike. Lose one and you lose all. I'll go to Epoch, where the man I mated with is. They'll take me in I hope."
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
last from me

it hurt.

all of it, everything.

gunnar delivered the news and ethan seemed to unfurl into a flurry of words. most all of it went over her heard, but she did not need to understand english to understand the shaking fury in the man. perhaps it was best this way.

she dipped her head softly to gunnar, hoping he might understand her wish to depart now.

and whispered
where does it hurt?