Northstar Vale Ziliáris
157 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Hope you’re okay with another thread ;w; and the minor assumption that he’d be around. <3

Antigone carried herbs in his mouth. His hold on them was gentle, cautious. He wanted to take them from the stores to where Meadow had been resting, stressing over the thought of cracking them on his tongue or teeth. They did not need to be whole to help her heal. He needed them to be whole so that his mind did not pick apart their imperfections.

When he drew near, he noted the ugly man @Reyson was outside. He had made himself common around Meadow’s place of rest. The young wolf eyed him with a scowl. He felt one of the leaves crack in his mouth and he fought the clenching of his jaw. Antigone wanted to curse and to spit the herbs on the ground.

Into the den, he placed them near Meadow and then slipped back out.

Have you talked to her? Antigone asked him icily.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson noticed the scowl and he gazed back dead pan. There were two ways this could go. The boy could get the bug out of his ass and be at the very least civil or eventually Reyson was just going to ignore everything about him. Treat him as if he didn't exist and he could do it, had done it.

Reyson blinked at him a furrow in his brow. You don't like me much do you? So explain to me why I should tell you what I Do and don't do? If you don't care what i have to say or that I exist anyway?

There was no disrespect in his tone. There was no cruelty, there was only finality.

Reyson stood slowly and began a slow amble towards the river. If the boy couldn't be nice, he wouldn't be either.

I don't mind and yea he'd be there <3. Hopefully this doesn't blow up in his face and he face the wrath of Tamar and Aresenio lol
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
80 Posts
Ooc —
taking advantage of the AW tag, lemme know if not okay :<

zosime was not a healer. but she had promised her brother she would help in any way she could. telling stories or stargazing to be supportive to those healing. it was simple work, but it felt helpful.

spirits needed tending as much as bodies.

but she heard the voice of her brother. then the voice of a large man. one she did not know much about. although his words did not sound particularly kind either.

nervously she lingered near in earshot in case it all somehow turned sour.
157 Posts
Ooc — Teo
These two crack me up! XD I doubt Arsenio would be upset with Reyson over something like this. Even he doesn’t understand his son.

Gods this man was a baby.

Antigone had asked a simple question and the ugly brute was already off on a tangent about his woes and suffering. At least he was keen enough to pick up on the red-hooded boy’s distaste. There was indignance in parts of his words. Reyson didn’t seem to think that he should try, that there was purpose in speaking his mind for someone who thought him so pathetic. Antigone might have agreed, if not for one thing…

I care for her.

The young wolf lifted his chin defiantly.

And I would like to understand how someone so pitiful could be so important to her.

There he went. A coward and a baby. Antigone felt jealous anger rise in his belly. The man didn’t want to talk so he would just amble away. Was that how he maintained his stoic superiority complex?

She deserves better than this, he growled, stalking after the scarred soldier.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A low note of warning was deep in his throat. It was not a growl exactly, but it was not kind. He turned with distaste in his face. His entire body went tight, the gigantic shoulders tense and looming.

Pathetic. Hmm?

Reyson's eyes flashed absolute fire and he looked the boy over. What is pathetic is you. You say you want to heal yes? Yet you can't even find in your soul an ounce of compassion for anyone except people you feel deserve and don't even try and tell me that it is because of Meadow and I.

You young sir had found me distasteful since you first met me. You know nothing. Nothing about me. So you don't get o make any type of opinion about me. Because. You. Know. Nothing.

I have talked to her, as well as I could without causing her more stress, Because guess what healer.

The last part was spat out with disgust. Stress can cause more pain on a body than anything else and i won't cause her undue stress in her current state. Now if you'll please excuse me. I'm leaving before something worse comes, especially since it seems we have an audience, and i refuse to be a side show in your piss poor attitude filled world.

He dipped his head to the young girl. Young lady. Sorry you had to see this.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
80 Posts
Ooc —
she was shocked. deeply appalled by the scene before her. how dare this man turn so ugly upon her brother? a boy! perhaps a bit loud mouthed but he had said nearly nothing deserving this! not to zosime's knowledge at all.

then he had the audacity to apologize to her.

she was so flabbergasted that she had no words! only openly stared between her brother and the man.
157 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dam had broken and the soldier turned upon the boy with a flurry of words.

All it had taken was one – pathetic. Antigone could not help but feel a squirm of delight at having cracked through the scarred man’s gruff façade. One pointed chip of a word aimed directly at Reyson’s damaged armor. And how swiftly he had turned the word back on the boy.

What a man he must have felt to barrage his angry words on a child. The red-hooded pup did not shy away from his emotion. He let himself revel in the knowledge that he had caused this. Antigone was not keen to inflict damage. He had more interest in healing the wounds. Despite this desire to fix, he could not help but to feel the swelling of his disgust for Reyson. He wanted the man to feel hurt. He wanted him to feel like he was pitiful and undeserving of the love he desired.

Does it make you feel better? Acting like a spoiled child. Talking down to a boy who knows better than you do…

Antigone sneered at him, open and mocking in the expression. His dark blue eyes were like gripping claws rising from the black of the sea.

You act so concerned for her… but every time I talk to you, all you do is spout about your feelings and your sadness and your pathetic attitude. Poor Reyson Ebonywood. The burden of your heart is too heavy to hold so you must force the weight of it on others, hm?

How could Meadow love this man? How could she see anything worth while in him?

Your heart is as scarred and ugly as your body.

Another daring step toward the man.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was done. He had endured and fought and there was shame there. The boy didn't deserve his ire, but what he said next caused the soldier to stand and stare at the boy. His face going completely blank, eyes full of absolute deadness. There was not tremor in his words. What the boy would see would be absolute nothing. No emotions to play upon his face.

Clearly this boy was fucking damaged and if Reyson had his way he'd have thrown him into the dirt and stomped on his face, because this one he would not learn. He would be ugly through adn through and people would hate him. Those he loved would hate him, and that was a shame.

Then he turned away. There would be no more from the scarred soldier. Nothing else to be said.

Last from me.
80 Posts
Ooc —
she would always stand by family.

yet this felt like two strangers arguing before her. a grown man arguing with a sour child. a man of epoch and her brother! she did not recognize either one in these bitter and sour moments. such ugliness had no home here, she thought.

she could only look sadly to the man who departed and stepped forward to reach for her brother —

anti, her voice a terrible quake in her throat. anything to keep him here with her and away from the giant man.
157 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Reyson’s words had ended. He did not have anything more to say to the boy. The expression on the soldier’s face had shifted and drifted away from the scene of their argument. He had called Antigone ugly. The boy with the beautiful fur and meticulous care. How he could scoff if his anger would allow him!

The scarred monster turned and left the area. His massive lumpy body trudged away with all of the selfishness he had in his heart. Antigone couldn’t stop thinking of Meadow. He thought of the softness of her voice and the sweetness of her gestures. He thought of the warmth she had shown him. He loved her and yet she had something in her heart for Reyson.

Vomit burned through his throat, and he spat on the ground. The hairs along his neck bristled. Zosime appeared from the brush, eyes wide and concerned.

That vile, ugly, disgusting man. Rage clung to his spittled lips.

How could she care about him? When he only cares for himself?
80 Posts
Ooc —
she did not understand!

anti, her voice a gentle plead for him to listen. th-that is not for us to know or decide. she begged him to leave the man alone. to stop this name calling and the speaking of a love that she had not realized.

but, her voice trembled still. i...i do not like how he spoke.

but nor did she like how her brother spoke now even still!
157 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I do know!

Antigone’s voice was a shout.

Zosime was soft and considerate with her ways. She did not have the same knowledge that he had. She had not seen the way the leeching monster sucked the energy outside of Meadow’s healing place. His sister was not there to see the way he begged for sympathy with his sorrows and his pathetic words.

Meadow is beautiful and perfect and good, his voice growled. And he is an abomination. He will destroy her.

Antigone turned from his sister and stormed away. He needed to find his father. He needed to be certain that Reyson could never harm Meadow.
80 Posts
Ooc —
fade? <3

the gnosis was terrified all at once.

she had never been yelled at before. she had never imagined that it would be family who yelled at her. antigone up in arms suddenly and she only cowed softly. no longer inclined to reach for him when he suddenly took off.

he stormed off.

and she was left to only tremble in place. before she took off in the opposite direction. seeking to be alone before she, too, found their father.