Razorback Ridge Could this be home?
Don't underestimate me just because I'm half blind - Dasher
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Joining 
@Arsenio @Tamar, hoping to have Dasher join Epoch!

After meeting the girl from Redtail Rise down in the taiga, Dasher made his way upward towards the mountains he'd seen on his journey. He was unaware of their name but had caught the scents of many packs around them, targeting the scent of one in particular. He wasn't sure of their name or what they had to offer but he wanted to see if they could potentially take him into their ranks. He made sure he didn't come empty handed though, having hunted 2 rabbits and a sparrow on his way as offerings. He stopped, a bit before any borders, and let out a bark into the sky. Nothing threatening, just loud so he could announce he presence to the pack.
Adopted by Suledin as of February 03.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I’m sorry, Ryder! I didn’t get a notification for this, for some reason. ;w; My apologies, but I’m very happy to thread with you.

There was a summoning call at the edge of their home. The Arche had been patrolling, anyway. With a small adjustment in his path, Arsenio was closing the space between himself and the stranger.

Drawing near to the wolf, he offered a toothy smile and wave of his tail. The glacial blue of his eyes was sharp on the young man. A scar marred his otherwise youthful face. If he did not smell of the wilds, Arsenio might have thought the stranger to be a soldier of Mereo. Germanicus’ military force was not carried on the visitor’s pelt, though.

Greetings, stranger, the redstone wolf said. What brings you to Epoch?
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Dasher dipped his head in a respectful greeting. “So that’s what this pack is called, Epoch.” He said, mostly to himself. Then to answer the question. “I traveled from far lands to these ones just a few days ago and these mountains drew me the whole time. So after a bit of exploration in the mainlands, i came to the place i really wanted to see in hopes i could find a pack to join.” Dasher explained. “And oh, my name is Dasher, and yes, I am blind in this eye.” He said. “I made things work and make it like I am a typical seeing wolf though and most don’t realize i am actually blind in that eye until i tell them.” He added, making sure there was confidence, boldness, and clearness behind his voice.

totally fine! and also his eyes are green lol
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, yes! I know! Heheh… Arsenio’s eyes are blue. If ever you see me referencing “glacial blue,” that’s Arsenio! >w< Sorry for the confusion.

The visitor was quick to offer himself, saying that he had traveled a great distance before finding the mountain range irresistible. After some exploration, he had ended up on the edge of their claim in hopes that he might find a pack for himself. The young wolf was introduced as Dasher.

Dasher, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Arsenio, the Arche of Epoch. The redstone wolf’s expression remained friendly, toothy in his smiles. The blue of his eyes danced merrily across Dasher’s figure. He would never turn a wolf away for being half-blind, or entirely blind. Towhee had proven to him that wolves would find their way through disadvantages. His time as a soldier had shown him strength through disability, as well.

Would you care to view the lands before you decide to join? I have become an exceptional tour guide, in my leadership here.

Arsenio winked, swinging his head for Dasher to follow him into the vale. It was always a pleasure to show newcomers the paradise they had found.
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Dasher was immediately drawn in by the friendliness Arsenio showed him. It was unlike the neutrality he’d felt with Lilia. The lack of comment on his partial blindness and the offer to tour the territory made him feel very welcomed and accepted.

pleased to meet you Arsenio” He said in response to the man giving his name. He then nodded at the offer of a tour of the territory and started off following the man.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We have our own slice of paradise here.

Arsenio led him through the trees that filled the vale. Areas were so thick that snow had not penetrated it and the floor was left littered with juniper and pine needles. Moving beyond the trees and toward the nearest body of water, the Arche glanced to his company and smiled.

Tell me about yourself, Dasher. Anything you wish, the redstone wolf requested of him. Arsenio had no plan to turn him away from Epoch. He wanted to know how they might chart his next path within their ranks. The vale was a place of learning and teaching. He wanted that to be upheld, no matter who joined them.
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
"Well, I'm usually a very calm cool and collected wolf in my opinion. I can handle stressful situations well and I use my words rather than immediately jumping into battle when conflict occurs. But I can fight very well. I have a larger, stronger, body, and if necessary, I will use my skills." Dasher offered. "I can hunt well too, but I do have to say fighting is a better skill of mine when its needed." He added
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Hmm, we have many fighters.

It was not entirely something they needed more of. Arsenio thought to refer Dasher to Mereo, if he sought the life of a soldier. There was more to the newcomer, however. The Arche thought that he had potential.

However, if you are something of a diplomat – a man of words, as you said… I think that would be a great skill for you to share. There are others who have years of battle beneath them. I will not turn you away from teaching classes about sparring. I merely wish to know more about your strength in words.

Arsenio had met many wolves who had a talent with their tongues. He had spent his time in Akashingo and Mereo, both housing men and women who were wickedly sharp with their minds and words. What might Dasher have that could be taught to their children?
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
"I honestly would prefer a role not based around fighting. Though I am not entirely sure how to teach others my way with words. They kind of just come to me in situations. I know how to use my head, know when to use my words rather than my claws, to stand up for myself, to balance out peace over battle, good over evil." Dasher said.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We are all teachers and students, here. So, you will have a chance to learn and to share the things you have learned.

If Dasher felt that he would suit a role where he could focus on his ambassadors skills and less on the skills of a fighter, Arsenio would not stop him. He seemed hesitant about how he might accomplish this. The Arche was not certain that there would be an easy way to teach diplomacy. It was a good first goal for Dasher to accomplish.

You will find a way to share your way with words, I am certain. You should speak with some of the others. They can talk to you about the things that they have taught. I suggest getting to know Towhee, after you have settled in.

Did Dasher have any more questions for the Arche?
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Dasher nodded at everything he said. He did have a few questions though. "Who is Towhee?" He asked, unsure if she was a leader or something. "And, how many members are in Epoch? Is it a big or small pack?" He added.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Towhee is a skilled warrior woman who lives here with her husband and children. She is knowledgeable and kind.

The Arche had nothing but positive words about the Redhawk wolves. They were a joy to have in Epoch. Towhee had already started teaching lessons to their young ones. If they were to grow, there would be opportunity for more. Arsenio hoped that they would remain for a long time. It felt good to have another family to build with. He thought highly of all of them.

Her husband Maxim is a skilled hunter, as well. He might show you some of the prey that we have in the vale.

As for their size... 

We are- ah... just the right size. Not large, not small. The Arche shrugged. That was unimportant.
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
"Sorry, I didn't give much context to my question. I have a bit of social anxiety when meeting a bunch of new wolves at once, thats why I asked. But if the packs not too big I should be just fine." He said.

"is there anything else I should know?" dasher asked.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Dasher expanded on his concerns, saying that he had a difficult time around larger numbers. Arsenio wondered how he had discovered his anxiety in himself. Had he come from a place of many wolves? The Arche’s homelands would have stripped Dasher of his sanity. The soldiers slept together, marched together, bathed together, and had no sense of privacy or peace.

Epoch is large and you will find space to yourself, without having to try. I expect in the spring, there will be more. The Arche waved his tail in a reassuring way. He did not want for their newcomer to worry about his anxiousness or the numbers in their ranks. You are welcome to spend time getting to know your new home, Dasher. Come find me when you feel comfortable, hm?

Arsenio flashed a toothy smile and dipped his head to leave, unless Dasher would have more questions for him.
25 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Dasher dipped his head. “Thank you, Arsenio. I will spend a bit of time learning the territory, perhaps hunt some while i’m at it.” He said. He dipped his head again in parting, flicked his tail, and started off.